Rain

Old January 12th 17, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Rain

I know animals that usually are able to do outdoors get antsy when it
rains, just as kids do.

Koala has been an indoor cat ever since I got her. She was originally
feral, and has never wanted to go outdoors since. It is raining, and
she is really acting goofy. She has spent a couple of minutes looking
out the sliding glass door and repeatedly meowing. She has attacked her
sisfur a few times (She does it occasionally, but usually not more than
once or twice a day), and she has had the zoomies.

The forecasters said the rain would stop by 11:00 a.m. today, but it has
only 20 minutes to go, and I suspect it won't make the deadline.
Old January 13th 17, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/12/2017 1:40 PM, Joy wrote:
I know animals that usually are able to do outdoors get antsy when it
rains, just as kids do.

Koala has been an indoor cat ever since I got her. She was originally
feral, and has never wanted to go outdoors since. It is raining, and
she is really acting goofy. She has spent a couple of minutes looking
out the sliding glass door and repeatedly meowing. She has attacked her
sisfur a few times (She does it occasionally, but usually not more than
once or twice a day), and she has had the zoomies.

The forecasters said the rain would stop by 11:00 a.m. today, but it has
only 20 minutes to go, and I suspect it won't make the deadline.

Buffy is also a former feral and shows no interest in going outside.
But she does get restless when it is rainy. Perhaps the change in
barometric pressure has something to do with it? She'll be sitting
there quietly, then suddenly ZOOOOM! Off she goes, dashing into another
room. She baps a few toys around then comes zooming back.

They're fun little critters.

Jill
Old January 13th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:40:37 -0800, Joy wrote:

I know animals that usually are able to do outdoors get antsy when it
rains, just as kids do.

Koala has been an indoor cat ever since I got her. She was originally
feral, and has never wanted to go outdoors since. It is raining, and
she is really acting goofy. She has spent a couple of minutes looking
out the sliding glass door and repeatedly meowing. She has attacked her
sisfur a few times (She does it occasionally, but usually not more than
once or twice a day), and she has had the zoomies.

The zoomies? Joy, I'm going to adopt that word. I've been calling it Crazy Kitty
Mode until now, but I like Zoomies better. So from now on, that's what I'm
calling it when Minnie keeps on tearing through the house from one end to the
other, usually including a few runs upstairs and back down again, and often with
at least one complete trip from my computer table in the dining room all the way
to the couch at the opposite end of the living room without touching the floor
even once.

FWIW, the above is exactly what she was doing the night before you posted this,
when it was raining and very windy here. Purrfect timing!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 13th 17, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/13/2017 8:45 AM, John Kasupski wrote:
[...]

LOL! I didn't invent the word. I discovered it here, just as you did.
It conveys a lot in a single word.

I think you may be fairly new to the group. If so, welcome. It is a
fun group. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've been a member for a number
of years now. Like any group of people, cyber or otherwise, it is
constantly evolving as people come and go. I've been fortunate enough
to meet a few of the people who used to post here, but they've all left
the group for one reason or another.

Joy G
Simi Valley, CA
Old January 13th 17, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:12:12 -0800, Joy wrote:

I think you may be fairly new to the group. If so, welcome.

Thank you! Yes, I'm relatively new here, having just subscribed to the group in
early November, soon after Minnie arrived here the week of Halloween. I didn't
really want a pet at the time but if I didn't take her in her previous owner was
going to leave her at a shelter, where her future prospects probably wouldn't
have been too favorable, so she ended up here anyway. My plan had been to find
someone else to adopt her on a permanent basis, but once her previous owner had
left her here, it took her less than two hours to change my mind.

I'll save that story for another thread, however, rather than hijack yours. ;-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 14th 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/13/2017 1:16 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:12:12 -0800, Joy wrote:

I think you may be fairly new to the group. If so, welcome.

Thank you! Yes, I'm relatively new here, having just subscribed to the group in
early November, soon after Minnie arrived here the week of Halloween. I didn't
really want a pet at the time but if I didn't take her in her previous owner was
going to leave her at a shelter, where her future prospects probably wouldn't
have been too favorable, so she ended up here anyway. My plan had been to find
someone else to adopt her on a permanent basis, but once her previous owner had
left her here, it took her less than two hours to change my mind.

I'll save that story for another thread, however, rather than hijack yours. ;-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

No problem. That happens all the time. We call it thread drift.

Yes, cats can find a way to wiggle into our hearts, whether we want them
to or not. I'm glad you and Minnie found each other.

Joy
Old January 14th 17, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/13/2017 4:16 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:12:12 -0800, Joy wrote:

I think you may be fairly new to the group. If so, welcome.

Thank you! Yes, I'm relatively new here, having just subscribed to the group in
early November, soon after Minnie arrived here the week of Halloween. I didn't
really want a pet at the time but if I didn't take her in her previous owner was
going to leave her at a shelter, where her future prospects probably wouldn't
have been too favorable, so she ended up here anyway. My plan had been to find
someone else to adopt her on a permanent basis, but once her previous owner had
left her here, it took her less than two hours to change my mind.

I'll save that story for another thread, however, rather than hijack yours. ;-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Welcome from me, too, John.

Jill
Saint Helena Island, SC
Old January 14th 17, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:56:24 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Welcome from me, too, John.

Thank you, Jill. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance - as well as Joy's - and
as for the other regulars here, I'll be working on that. :-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 14th 17, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

John Kasupski wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 10:40:37 -0800, Joy wrote:

out the sliding glass door and repeatedly meowing. She has attacked her
sisfur a few times (She does it occasionally, but usually not more than
once or twice a day), and she has had the zoomies.

The zoomies? Joy, I'm going to adopt that word. I've been calling it Crazy Kitty
Mode until now, but I like Zoomies better. So from now on, that's what I'm
calling it when Minnie keeps on tearing through the house from one end to the
other, usually including a few runs upstairs and back down again, and often with
at least one complete trip from my computer table in the dining room all the way
to the couch at the opposite end of the living room without touching the floor
even once.

Yep, that's the zoomies alright. That's my diagnosis.

Joyce
--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own sensuality,
we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old January 14th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/13/2017 10:34 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:56:24 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Welcome from me, too, John.

Thank you, Jill. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance - as well as Joy's - and
as for the other regulars here, I'll be working on that. :-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

The group used to be a lot more active than it is now. I suspect many
of the former regulars are on Facebook now. I can't stand FB so I won't
be seeing them unless they wander back in here.

Jill