Persia Got Gooshy Food

Old December 25th 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia Got Gooshy Food

Persia shouldn't know when it's a holiday. Except perhaps I kept telling
her today is a special food day. She tapped my nose more than usual this
morning. She even laid her paw on my forehead, as if to check my
temperature. LOL She purred in my ear and gave me little kisses on my arm
and shoulder.

When I got up she meowed a lot. "Hey! I know it's gooshy food day!" She
led the way to the pantry where I keep her gooshy food. I dished it up and
wolfed down half of it. She's hoarding half for later

Then we played for a while on the living room floor. Persia has been
particularly vocal today. Meow-ma! I found a milk ring she'd lost and we
tossed that around for a while. She got scritches. Then I refilled her
velcro kitty-sock with cat nip.
She took a few sniffs and decided it was nap time.

I'm also cat-sitting for Schwartzie and Fedders. It's rainy and windy here
today (not cold, though). They really didn't want to go out in that
weather. So I made sure they were back inside pronto. I gave them a
squishy glitter ball as a present. It's nowhere in sight, having been
batted somewhere under her furniture.

Happy holidays to all!

Jill

Old December 25th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
snip
I'm also cat-sitting for Schwartzie and Fedders. It's rainy and windy
here today (not cold, though). They really didn't want to go out in
that weather. So I made sure they were back inside pronto. I gave them
a squishy glitter ball as a present. It's nowhere in sight, having been
batted somewhere under her furniture.

Happy holidays to all!

Jill

Happy kissamouse to you and everybody.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old December 25th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia shouldn't know when it's a holiday. Except perhaps I kept
telling her today is a special food day. She tapped my nose more
than usual this morning. She even laid her paw on my forehead, as
if to check my temperature. LOL She purred in my ear and gave me
little kisses on my arm and shoulder.

When I got up she meowed a lot. "Hey! I know it's gooshy food
day!" She led the way to the pantry where I keep her gooshy food.
I dished it up and wolfed down half of it. She's hoarding half for
later

Persia says you really should share...;~}'

May everyone we love have what they need, and the peace and joy of
the season.

In a little while I get to leave my messy, undecorated house, pack up
the presents for the kids and grands, and go enjoy Christmas at my
daughters house. Its so nice to not be the one who tries to do it
all myself anymore.

Charlie and I wrapped presents together and then went out to dinner
when we were done last night. A nice new tradition at this late
date.

Peace and love and enough.

Jo
Jo

Old December 25th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joe Dee

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:03:36 -0500, jmcquown wrote
(in article ):

I dished it up and
wolfed down half of it.

I hope you let her have the other half! :-)

--
Ketzl's Dad

Old December 25th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joe Dee" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:03:36 -0500, jmcquown wrote
(in article ):

I dished it up and
wolfed down half of it.

I hope you let her have the other half! :-)

--
Ketzl's Dad

ROFL! I didn't realize what I wrote until later. Of course SHE wolfed down
half of it then saved the rest for later!

Granted, my stand-alone freezer did die last weekend so I was desperately
trying to save my food, stuffing it into the small freezer in the kitchen.
But that had nothing to do with Persia LOL (Although I'm sure she wondered
what on earth I was doing.)

Jill

Old December 26th 09, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Does everyone else try to do a little
something for the cats to make sure that they receive some benefits of
various holidays and special occasions too? If I received presents, I
somehow want the kitties to get presents too, and if I had a holiday
dinner, I want them to have plenty of their own favorite foods as
well.
Old December 26th 09, 08:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
"Joe Dee" wrote in message
al-september.org...
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:03:36 -0500, jmcquown wrote
(in article ):

I dished it up and
wolfed down half of it.

I hope you let her have the other half! :-)

--
Ketzl's Dad

ROFL! I didn't realize what I wrote until later. Of course SHE wolfed down
half of it then saved the rest for later!

LOL. That was a mental picture, wasn't it?
Old December 26th 09, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

My Kenzie won't eat canned cat food. She has never liked it, turning up
her nose at it in favor of dry food.

When she was sick, I tried so many, many flavors and brands, when she
wouldn't eat, in an attempt to get her to eat...anything.

She never did eat any canned food.

But, she finally ate some fairly inexpensive Friskies dry food, when she
wouldn't eat anything else, including many kinds of 'premium' cat and
kitten dry foods.

Go figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091225-1, 12/25/2009
Tested on: 12/26/2009 4:21:51 AM

Old December 26th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

My step mother in law usually send some home grown catnip to our crew.
We visited there yesterday, and the first package she had us open was
the catnip! I make it last by putting tissue paper in the container,
letting it soak up the odor, and then giving the crew the paper with a
little of 'da nip' sprinkled inside. They have a blast!

Mishi