Persia still tapping mama

Old April 9th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Persia still tapping mama

She knows it's not time. She was fed at 6PM. She knows it's not time to be
fed. So now she's just making a game of it. Snuggle next to me on the
sofa. Nice. I'm reading a book. Then I get a tap on my nose. Then she
blinks at me, those big green-gold eyes. She slowly blinks and smiles at
me. Blink. I giggle. She taps again.

I see this paw reach out and I say, "Nope! not time!" and she retracts it
and just looks at me, very thoughtfully. A few minutes later, the paw comes
out and touches my chin... and she leaves it there. I'm giggling. Why is
your paw on my chin? She just looks at me. Stupid hoomin!

Oh, and in the mornings she bites me (very gently) on my chin. Kitty
kisses, I call them. But the first time she gave me kisses like that on my
arm I was scared to death! I had no idea she meant them affectionately.
You see minature tiger teeth coming at you, what are you going to think?!
Oh, they're just playing around? (heheh)

But now I'm used to the gentle nips and she grooms my hair on occasion, too.
I love Persia

Jill

Old April 9th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I never would have guessed. G

Joy

Old April 9th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
She knows it's not time. She was fed at 6PM. She knows it's not time to be
fed. So now she's just making a game of it. Snuggle next to me on the
sofa. Nice. I'm reading a book. Then I get a tap on my nose. Then she
blinks at me, those big green-gold eyes. She slowly blinks and smiles at
me. Blink. I giggle. She taps again.

I see this paw reach out and I say, "Nope! not time!" and she retracts it
and just looks at me, very thoughtfully. A few minutes later, the paw comes
out and touches my chin... and she leaves it there. I'm giggling. Why is
your paw on my chin? She just looks at me. Stupid hoomin!

I suspect that it's not always about food. Betty was a paw-toucher,
and she was free-fed. Also, she was not exactly an early riser, and I
was often the one who was careful not to wake *her* up in the
mornings.

Old April 9th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

I'm sure you're right, Tak. She often touches my face just to get me to pat
her back. I think she sees it as a way to get me to touch her, too. And I
do. And I laugh

Jill

Old April 10th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 9, 3:17 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Thinking about you two makes for a lovely moment. Telling WooToo about
you makes her look at me funny. Oh, well, it's hard to 'splain some
things to WooToo.

Will in New Haven

--

" It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond
of it." - Robert E. Lee

Old April 10th 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Your description of "kitty kisses" brings back memories of Smokey (RB).
He used to do that to me when he wanted something. I kinda understood
what he meant and tried "not yet" more times than I can count. Can't
think of a single time it worked as it seems to with Persia. Even if it
didn't work, it never bothered me, but it freaked DW out the first few
times.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 10th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Mayhem likes to stick her nose RIGHT in my face and touch her nosy to
mine. It's adorably cute but imagine your fast asleep and suddenly
you feel something tickling your face. You open your eyes and there's
this kitty face looking you right in the eyes saying, "Good morning
hoomin!! Now feed me!"

Kristi