"The Perricone Promise" - OT

Old August 4th 05, 09:05 PM
CatNipped

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , "CatNipped"
wrote:

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , "W. Leong"
wrote:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-08-04, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:

Prostaglandins, incidentally, cause uterine contractions, and

they
have been used to induce abortion or labor. By taking a
prostaglandin antagonist before the crampy stage of the menstrual
cycle, so there's a blood level before the prostaglandins hit,
often
can avoid or minimize cramps.

Er, where did you say I could get this stuff, again?

After years of Depo (no period, so no cramps), cramps are back in
my
life, about as welcome as a long-lost creditor.

My doctor prescribed Anaprox ( which is the same as Aleve in U.S.)
for
menstrual cramps. I took it for years and it worked.

Same chemical family (generic naproxen) as ibuprofen, and has the
advantage of needing to be taken only every 12 hours. I can't figure
out
why, but it's prescription in Canada. While they are generally
interchangeable, naproxen is more convenient, more expensive, and
possibly a slightly better pain reliever.

The over-the-counter dose calls for a loading dose of two tablets and
then one every 12 hours, but that, again, is conservative. I've been
taking two twice daily for my sprained wrist and miscellaneous other
bruises/strains, and that's actually below the common prescription
dose.

Veering, was it RPCA or another newsgroup where people were

complaining
about testosterone storms in threads? From my perspective of having a

chromosome, I am suppressing, not very well, a big grin in this

thread.

As much as you know about the female of the species (and their icky
problems), I think we should give you an honorary Y chromosome! ;

Ummm...I think that's an extra X.

LOL! Oops!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sadly, there is so much of a lack of information. My ex used a very good
gynecologist, who was a strong believer in education. Something she
would do, after privately making TOTALLY sure her patient was OK with
it, would be to instruct the male partner in performing a basic pelvic
examination, or at least some detailed anatomical instructions. I
suspect she didn't do the exam training unless the husband already had a
substantial knowledge of anatomy. She also tested the man by having
(again with permission) be present during her exams, at least holding
his partner's hand and not being upset by the procedure.

I found it to be bonding as well as instructional, and also occasionally
useful for ..umm..a bit of home maintenance or diagnosis of
uncomfortable bits. My ex had numerous chronic medical problems, and I
will admit it was a bit stretchy when she went in for a postoperative
office visit on a Saturday, there were significant problems with the
incision, and I got pressed into service as first assistant. I got a
little lightheaded, but I had also been up for 26 hours and hadn't eaten
in 18. More than once afterwards, with other doctors in other
situations, I found myself again as crisis assistant, and remained
focused.

On another occasion, I was in a sexuality seminar run by the Lifespring
organization, and one small group exercise was to take large sheets of
paper, and draw and label the parts of the genital systems of both
sexes. I remember one female friend, known as a sexual adventuress, to
turned to me more than once and asked, "Howard, do I really have one of
those?" At least theoretically, I confirmed that she was supposed to be
issued with one.

Old August 4th 05, 09:05 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

On 2005-08-04, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:

[...]

about testosterone storms in threads? From my perspective of having a Y

Old August 5th 05, 03:30 AM
W. Leong

On 2005-08-03, CatNipped penned:

In any case he instructs you to eat plenty of foods high in
anti-oxidants, avoid sugar, plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, and
green tea, so I figure it can't hurt.

All of that sounds good; be careful with the green tea, as it does
have caffeine.

There are also decaff. green tea.

I've been trying to avoid sweets. Today the bowls at work have
lollipops in them. My favorite! Despite my team lead slurping on
them in plain view, I've managed thus far to resist. I figure if I
resist today, they'll be gone by tomorrow and I won't have to worry
about it any more.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 6th 05, 05:30 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-08-05, W. Leong penned:

On 2005-08-03, CatNipped penned:

In any case he instructs you to eat plenty of foods high in
anti-oxidants, avoid sugar, plenty of fresh fruits and veggies,
and green tea, so I figure it can't hurt.

All of that sounds good; be careful with the green tea, as it does
have caffeine.

There are also decaff. green tea.

Sure, but you have to specifically look for decaf. Standard green tea
is caff.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully