A message from the Bridge

Old December 4th 10, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default A message from the Bridge

Hihi Kitties. My name is "Inky" although I didn't have the name for
long. I am now at the Rainbow Bridge but have been allowed to write
this message to you. It is a sort of celebration to the Holiday
that is coming. It is to show that there are still men, and women and
Vets of good will.

I was a Bitty. One day I was sick, hungry and lost. I couldn't find
my momcat. In fact I think she left me because I was so sick. I
crawled around and suddenly thought I smelled some food. I found a
dish some kind human had left filled with food for kitties that were in
the out.

I went to it and had just begun to eat when this big hand picked me
up. I was scared but, too tired to try and get away. I was taken in
where it was warm. This human tried to clean all the mess and bugs
out of my furr. He took me to the Vet and I was given a lot of
medicine and cleaned again.

There was a lady at the house of the human but she didn't want to see
me and get close in case I left for the bridge. That was ok because I
knew she was glad to have me there and wished me to get well. I was
put on a heating pad, fed fairly often and loved for awhile.

As this man, who I figured out had the name of Ben, was petting me and
talking to me, I knew it was time for me to go to be with other kitties who
had lived in this house. I gave him a soft "meow" of thanks and suddenly the
kitties who had lived in this house, Percy and Bandit and Hunter met me at
the edge of the Bridge and walked across with me to the other side.

I just wanted to come back long enough to thank Ben for being there for me.
It isn't how long you are loved that matters, it is that you are loved even
for a short time. Thank you Mr. Ben.

Old December 4th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 07:43:38 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

[...]

Reading this brought tears to my eyes and make me think of the
furnanies that I have had to say goodbye to over the years both strays
and house cats.

I would like to say thanks to "mr. Ben" also as well as all the other
kind souls that have helped and cared for our 4 legged friends over
the years.

THANK YOU ALL.

Old December 4th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you *SO* much, Granby. Ben handles his emotions differently, tending
to try to bury them so deep inside that he doesn't have to look at them or
deal with them. I showed him a few of the responses to the RB post and he
cried so hard I was a bit afraid of what I'd done. But this morning he read
what Adrian had written on the candle (and just the fact *of* the candle)
and just stood and bowed his head and then walked back upstairs. I'm going
to give him however long he needs, but I'm printing out every prayer and
every purr to keep for him so that when he has the strength to read them
all, he'll knows he's not a freak (as he's been made to feel in the past
from his parents), and that what he's feeling hurts so much because it's a
*good* feeling to have loved, for however short of time, and a *good*
feeling to grieve a loved one. It's something that proves and defines his
manhood, *not* something that "undermines" it.

I truly, truly love this group, thank you for being.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 4th 10, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote in message
[...]

You are so right that loving and grieving, and being able to express those
feelings, are a proof of manhood. I delight in reading the posts here by
men who aren't ashamed to show their love for their cats. And I know that
those who are ashamed to show those feelings are mixed up because of the way
they were treated when they were younger.

Joy

Old December 5th 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

this is beautiful, and shows that there is always love, even in places we
might not expect it, and that love given freely for itself's sake with no
expectation of anything in return is the best part of the human race,
whatever our other faults, Lee

Old December 5th 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 07:43:38 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

I just wanted to come back long enough to thank Ben for being there for me.
It isn't how long you are loved that matters, it is that you are loved even
for a short time. Thank you Mr. Ben.

tears running down my face Remembering my RB furbabies.

--
CATherine