Poinsettia

Old December 4th 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Poinsettia

On Dec 2, 10:17*pm, "karla" wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

You are very brave Winnie, but please don't be too hard on yourself.

I hope the things you are giving are going to people or cats that are
special to you, or that are in need.

I know both cats that are getting Rusty's stuff. Their slaves are
friends
of mine. One of the cat is an orange tabby, just like Rusty.
I've known him since he was a kitten.
The other is a girl cat, in a paler shade of orange.
Both cats are more fluffy than Rusty, and seemingly in better health
too.

And I hope that you will save a few things of Rusty's also. *Think of it as
a starter set.
Karla

Looks like I will be keeping Rusty's carrier. It is the one in which
he first
came home with me.

Winnie
Old December 4th 10, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Dec 2, 6:44*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

Ever since I adopted Rusty (RB) , I stopped buying poinsettia for
Christmas.
Now that he is gone, I bought my first pot of poinsettia in 15 years.
I also stopped getting a Christmas since I got Rusty.
But I don't think I'll get a tree this year. Too much trouble.

Yesterday I gave away Rusty's scratching pad and one of his many
brushes.
Two weeks ago, I gave away his hooded litter box.
Tonight I plan to give away the handout I got from a seminar of taking
care
of older cats.
The decal on my front door saying cat inside please help in case of
emergency was removed.

{{{{{{{{{{Winnie}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry, it must be awful to lose a loved one so close to Christmas.
Heart healing purrs are continuing to be sent.

Thanksgiving is worse . Rusty went to RB the day after
Canadian Thanksgiving. But at least we got to spend one more
Thanksgiving together and share some turkey,
which was a first for Rusty. He never had people food till then.

Christmas is hard for another reason. I lost my father a few days
before Christmas many years ago.
His sudden death came 2 weeks after I lost my job, and a week
after Rusty was diagnosed (actually misdiagnosed) with renal
insufficiency, At the time the vet warned me Rusty might
deteriorate very quickly.
So I am thankful Rusty got many years with me since then.

Winnie

--
Hugs,

CatNipped