"Inky" RB

Old December 4th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default "Inky" RB

CatNipped wrote:
Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. Ben did all he
could - got a heating pad to warm her and managed to get some formula down
her. He was petting her and she would "mew" every time he stopped so he sat
there petting her and she just took a few big breaths and then quit
breathing. I'm grateful that she didn't have to die alone, but, naturally,
Ben is devastated by this. The poor little lost one is now truly lost, but
she won't be ungrieved or forgotten. Ben is going to leave her for a little
while so he can mourn for her, then later dig a grave for her in our
backyard alongside Percy and Bandit and Hunter (and get a small headstone
for her later). I imagine Percy and Bandit and Hunter will be at the
'Bridge waiting to show her the ropes - at least I can dream it's so.

Purrs for her little lost soul and Ben's peace of mind would be greatly
appreciated. This is turning out to be a really hard Christmas for both of
us - and Ben doesn't even have the "release" of a group like this who
understand. The sports groups he usually hangs out in would not know how
much this has devastated him.

That is so sad. Purrs for you and Ben, I've lit a candle for Inky.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...?l=eng&gi=Inky

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old December 4th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 3, 1:26*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. *

I haven;t got the start of this story and I am sorry about the end-
you did what you could and she did not die alone and unwanted bless
you for that

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 4th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

How sad!! I'm glad, and I'm sure she was glad, that she was found.

I think of how, for millions of years, kittens thad had been "triaged"
away by their mothers to protect the rest of the litter, have had to
die alone. This one managed, in her state, to snag her own person,
and got extra special treatment at the end.
Old December 4th 10, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 4/12/2010 8:26 AM, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Our condolences, Ben & Lori. Most assuredly Inky will be be waiting for
Ben at da bridge, because love cannot be measured in time, only whether
it 'is' or 'isn't'. Inky was loved, thats all that counts.

Yowie

Old December 5th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

How sad!! I'm glad, and I'm sure she was glad, that she was found.

I think of how, for millions of years, kittens thad had been "triaged"
away by their mothers to protect the rest of the litter, have had to
die alone. This one managed, in her state, to snag her own person,
and got extra special treatment at the end.

Score another one for the evolution of small felines, in developing
the skill to "get humans to fall in love with us" as a survival strategy.

I'm not being a smartass, I really mean that. I think that's part of what
animal domestication is about.

Joyce

--
"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old December 5th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

Unfortunately, we were too late getting "Inky" to the vet. Ben did all he
could - got a heating pad to warm her and managed to get some formula down
her. He was petting her and she would "mew" every time he stopped so he sat
there petting her and she just took a few big breaths and then quit
breathing. I'm grateful that she didn't have to die alone, but, naturally,
Ben is devastated by this.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! It sounds like she was already past the
point of being saved by the time she found her way to your place. She got
the best of care and I don't think there was anything more any of you
(you, Ben or the vet) could have done that wasn't already being done for
her. Poor little baby.

Joyce

Old December 5th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 3, 4:26*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

The poor baby got warm and got affection, so she was much better off
than she would have been without your wonderful Ben. Now she is on
adventure none of us can imagine and you, and especially Ben, may find
her again down the road. When you do, she will still love you.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 5th 10, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

I am very sorry and purrs in route to mend broken hearts

Old December 5th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

but the kitten is not lost, she has gone to wait in her rightful place with
your other friends for a grnand reunion, ben has given one of the best gifts
one can give to another being, and at this time of year to read someone hass
given of themselves rather than another material item is quite refreshing,

Old December 5th 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Thank you Lee. I *SO* agree with you about "giving of themselves", there is
no material possession as priceless as that.