New stray?

Old December 4th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default New stray?

A white-and-tan boy kitty has been hanging around here for several
days. He's very friendly. We've not seen him around this area before.
He has very long fur and blue eyes.

I would guess he's around 8-9 months old, from looking at his teeth.
He's not neutered but doesn't look or act like a "tom" yet.

If he was dumped, either the dumper left a stash of food for him
somewhere or he's a good hunter, because he doesn't seem hungry. I did
offer some gooshy food one time and he didn't eat any of it.

He seems to be limping a bit in the rear. The only "touchy" spot I
found was at the back of a back foot, the joint there... what would it
be called, the ankle?

Anyhow, not knowing what else to do at this point, I put a collar on
him with a note sealed in plastic. The note simply says "If this is
your cat, please call [our #]". If he turns up still wearing the
collar tomorrow, or if the collar is gone and no one has called, I
suppose we'll be taking him to the vet.

After that, I'm not sure what to do, because we can't add another cat
to the mix right now. I suppose he could come in and stay in the
quarantine cage while we look for a foster home. He's a really nice
young boy, and very pretty.
Old December 4th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Pat wrote:
[...]

I hope you get a reply to your collar message. He sounds very sweet.

Fluffy stray is not a stray Mischief[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 May 30th 09 12:33 PM
The other stray cat Susan M Cat anecdotes 7 June 19th 05 04:10 PM
Stray cat [email protected] Cats - misc 2 February 11th 05 09:34 AM
RB Stray Cat LOL Cat anecdotes 20 March 29th 04 02:40 AM
??'s about FIV+ stray cat Sheri Cat health & behaviour 22 December 3rd 03 01:40 AM