Epic Fight

Old December 5th 10, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Epic Fight

Two Cats, Two Birds, Great Music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2ZMZq2GzY

Old December 5th 10, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 05/12/2010 08:29, Pat wrote:
Two Cats, Two Birds, Great Music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2ZMZq2GzY

That was pretty amazing. But I hope the poor grey-and-white cat didn't
come to any harm in the end. At some points it looked like a
well-choreographed dance.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old December 5th 10, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

Two Cats, Two Birds, Great Music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2ZMZq2GzY

Did the person who scored this video use some kind of music software
or something? I mean, it doesn't seem likely that a real orchestra would
perform and record music that was clearly written for the video. To me,
that was the real accomplishment in this video.

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old December 5th 10, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

wrote:

Did the person who scored this video use some kind of music software
or something? I mean, it doesn't seem likely that a real orchestra would
perform and record music that was clearly written for the video. To me,
that was the real accomplishment in this video.

I was told that the music is from a movie called "Predator". The first
time I was given a link to the clip, it had been removed for a
copyright violation. But by then it had been reposted half a dozen
times, and all the copies haven't been removed.
Old December 5th 10, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Cruelty Warning; was Epic Fight

I, for one, did *NOT* appreciate that link. I was expecting an amusing clip
of a bird pecking a cat making him slip - not a brutal fight that surely
cause great harm to one or both cats. *PLEASE*, in the future, put a
cruelty warning on such posts!

CatNipped

Old December 5th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

I, for one, did *NOT* appreciate that link. I was expecting an amusing clip
of a bird pecking a cat making him slip - not a brutal fight that surely
cause great harm to one or both cats. *PLEASE*, in the future, put a
cruelty warning on such posts!

CatNipped

-----

Yeeeeessshhh... I agree. I'm glad there was music and not the cats' sounds
of the fight. When I hear cats fight, I worry. And SEEING them fight is
just as upsetting.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old December 5th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

this is an example of something its just fine i can't see, I fail to
understand why anyone would vidio such a thing let alone post it to a groups
like this, understand i am going on descriptions, but i am just sayin,,, how
on earth can you claim to care for cats and find such a thing entertaining,

Old December 5th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Cats are *NOT* like some other species who may "fight" but are just "posing"
for a place in the hierarchy. Cats, being solitary hunters, see competitors
in his/her territory as a threat to his/her own death from starvation and
they are *VERY* serious about inflicting enough damage to remove that
threat. When you see a cat fight like that there will probably be some
pretty severe damage done (remembering that you might not notice it because
cats are so good at hiding their pain - for the same underlying reason). So
I cringe also when I see a cat fight, almost as much as cruelty inflicted
from a human or other animal. And you're so right, the *loud* screeching
that accompanies a fight like that is unnerving, and when I hear it in my
yard I immediately run outside with a squirt bottle of water, hoping that
will break up the fight long enough for the loser to run away.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 5th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I also meant to say that I closed the page immediately after I saw the two
cats engage each other and not the birds, so I didn't see the outcome - but
I'm glad I didn't see the outcome (I watch cats so fanatically, almost every
waking hour that I am around them - 24/7 now), because I have an "eye" for
seeing something odd going on with the,. I still pretty much amaze my vet,
even after all these years, by bringing in my cats for treatment so early,
before they display obvious signs of illness. I'll usually tell him what I
think it is and I haven't been wrong too many times (leaving out the
"infamous" necrotic toe incident - LOL!). I really should have been a
feline behavioral researcher.

Old December 5th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

----

Well if it's any consolation to you, the cats jumped down from wherever they
were fighting at and the ending was them running off. So, we don't know
what happened, but I still thought it was very disturbing.

Laurie