"The Enemy" is trounced!

Old April 2nd 05, 03:08 AM
Enfilade

The Enemy is a large black neutered tom who might weigh around 12lbs and
has a very high opinion of himself in this neighbourhood.

You consider twelve pounds a "large" cat?

Next to four pounds...OMG....I remember when the bits weighed that...

Now Kumani is 10 lbs, Tyche is fat at 12 lbs, and Smokey and Nox are
healthy at 12 lbs (Nox is a fairly large queen, and Smokey was a
mature male before his fix.)

Don't **** with Kitty!

--Fil
Old April 2nd 05, 09:31 AM
Steve Touchstone

Way to go Kitty FC!

Your description of how BF will cchase away the Enemy when you're out
there reminds me of Little Bit - very fierce when she sees others cats
outside, but timid when we're outside and another cat happens to eat
at the outdoor kitty bowl. At those times it's Sammy who tries to
chase them away (one reason why I keep Sammy on a leash when we're in
the OUT). Once Sammy starts to chase away an interloper, LB joins
right in - but screeches to a halt when Sammy reaches the end of her
leash and LB realises she's on her own.

BTW LB and Sam also wear tuxes

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:58:46 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I have mentioned before that there is a black neutered boycat that lives two
doors away who hates Boyfriend. He is often in our garden showing off his
superior age and strength, he's quite a big cat and has one of those "in yer
face" personalities.
He is very confident that he is just "wow!" If he sees me outside, he
meows, comes over, and winds himself round my legs wanting me to admire
him.
Once he actually came into the house at night to look for, and humiliate and
fight with my gentle lad. I was woken by caterwauling at 2 a.m. and got up
to find that he couldn't get out and was being chased up the walls by Kitty
FC.
There has not been much trouble since then and Boyfriend is now brave
enough to chase him away, if he knows I'm right behind him to back him up
;-)
Last night there was the noise of a catfight near my back door. I put the
outside light on to see what was what.
The Enemy had decided to come right near the house when Kitty felt the call
of nature and went outside to dig in the great outside litterbox for a
little wee-wee.
When I went outside, Kitty and the Enemy were rolling around in a serious
fight, screaming. In less than a minute, they disengaged and the Enemy took
off in the direction of his home. You could hardly see him for dust, as we
say.
Then Kitty performed her toilet duties and came back in, dusting her paws.
The Enemy is a large black neutered tom who might weigh around 12lbs and has
a very high opinion of himself in this neighbourhood.
Kitty FC is 18 years old and weighs 4lbs. Tuxedo girl of course.
YAY KITTY! Go, girl!
Haven't seen the black cat today.. LOL!

Tweed
proud of the old lady, mess with her at your peril.

Tweed

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old April 2nd 05, 10:55 AM
Helen Miles

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Yep, cats in the US are bigger, but you oughta see the ones in Texas!!! Oh,
you have... never mind!!!! ;

LOL!!!

Reminds me of the joke, (This is the condensed version) where a Texan
goes to Australia and says to his host everytime he's shown something
"That's all very well, but the ones in Texas are bigger". Until he sees
a kangaroo, when there's a pause and the TExan suddenly comes out with,
"Crikey! That's a BIG mouse!"

Helen M

Old April 2nd 05, 01:08 PM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Tweed
proud of the old lady, mess with her at your peril.

Nikki cheers on fellow feisty little tuxedo girl

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 2nd 05, 03:33 PM
Duke of URL

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:ae0f9cf3597b8d57a087a68c0719c8e6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

One thing I have noticed is how much bigger USA cats are to British
Cats. Without exception, all mine wear considered "small" at the USA
vet they used, and Robbie is classed as one of their smallest at a
healthy 7 1/2lbs. In the UK, an average cat is "usually" somewhere
in the region of 8-12lbs.

Yabbut if'n you UKers would quit eating deep-fat-fried candy bars, there'd
be food LEFT for the cats.
--

Cliologist, Philanthropologist, Prothonotary Wibbler,
Paleoconservative, Surface Warrior Squid

Old April 2nd 05, 03:37 PM
Annie Wxill

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:164f1e06269ecf99b7441681e2ec07bc.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"CatNipped" wrote in message

Reminds me of the joke, (This is the condensed version) where a Texan
goes to Australia and says to his host everytime he's shown something
"That's all very well, but the ones in Texas are bigger". Until he sees
a kangaroo, when there's a pause and the TExan suddenly comes out with,
"Crikey! That's a BIG mouse!"

Helen M

Crikey?
I thought the joke was cute, given the arrogance that prevails in the U.S.,
and especially in Texas, but I really got a chuckle at the thought of a
Texan using the word crikey.
It just strikes me as funny.
BTW, when we moved from the Northwest to Texas, we brought along three cats.
Josh, who weighed 22 pounds in his prime, was quite the hunter at our former
place. The expression on Josh's face the first time a huge Texan jackrabbit
hopped by the window was priceless.
I imagine Josh was thinking the cat version of crikey.
Annie, who currently lives in Texas.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:26 PM
melizabeth

Go petite Kitty FC...its always the small ones you have to watch!

Old April 2nd 05, 08:56 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:

You consider twelve pounds a "large" cat?

Yes. All cats are allowed outside where I live, and a slender 12lb cat is a
large one.

Melisande, my
"little girl" weighs close to fifteen! (But Patches, the neutered tom I
had when I got her as a kitten, weighed close to twenty - beside him, she
was ALWAYS "little".)

Indoor cats, though? Probably different.

Not until I moved to an apartment! Of course, Patches was
an unaltered stray for about three years, until he walked in
the pet flap one day, discovered my resident cat's food
bowls, and refused to leave. My cats have always been
indoor/outdoor (their choice) whenever possible. (And if
anything, they lost a bit of weight, once they were confined
to the indoors.)

I cannot imagine what a 20lb cat looks like.

Somewhat like a long-tailed, white and marmelade bobcat with
a torn right ear - definitely mostly (if not all) muscle!
Melly isn't fat either - although she's long-hair, so may
have some Maine Coon in her ancestry. I have had smaller
cats, but I don't think even Paraclete (whom I thought of as
a "runt") weighed much less than ten pounds. Maybe they
just grow bigger in California?

That's heavier than some of my
female whippets were.

Well, when we were still living in a house, one of my
neighbors used to walk her miniature Schnauzer past it. I
was in the yard one day and commented when I noticed the dog
slowing and whimpering a little. I asked "Is she looking
for my cats?", and was told she was looking for the "killer"
cat! Apparently Patches thought it was great fun to come
running out of nowhere to leap over the dog! (Not attack,
just intimidation.)

Old April 2nd 05, 09:04 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Helen Miles wrote:

You consider twelve pounds a "large" cat? Melisande, my
"little girl" weighs close to fifteen! (But Patches, the
neutered tom I had when I got her as a kitten, weighed close
to twenty - beside him, she was ALWAYS "little".)

One thing I have noticed is how much bigger USA cats are to British
Cats. Without exception, all mine wear considered "small" at the USA vet
they used, and Robbie is classed as one of their smallest at a healthy 7
1/2lbs. In the UK, an average cat is "usually" somewhere in the region
of 8-12lbs.

Hmmmm..... I always thought Patches owed his size to a
British Shorthair ancestor, since he looked very like the
photo of one in a book I had, and they were described as
"cobby" in build, which I took to mean built like wrestlers.
Evidently I was wrong - American bob-cat, maybe? (I've
read of such cross-breeds so apparently it is genetically
possible, and a bob-cat is only slightly larger than a large
housecat.)

Old April 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 17:58:46 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

The Enemy is a large black neutered tom who might weigh around 12lbs and
has
a very high opinion of himself in this neighbourhood.
Kitty FC is 18 years old and weighs 4lbs. Tuxedo girl of course.
YAY KITTY! Go, girl!
Haven't seen the black cat today.. LOL!

Tweed
proud of the old lady, mess with her at your peril.

MY, KFC, you are a brave gal!

I don't think she is afraid of much in this world. I would love to know her
full story, as I eventually found out that her original name was "Lucky" -
but I don't know why - which suggests a bad start anyway. Any cat who is as
small as she is that can leave home and feed herself on her wits for seven
years before she found this home deserves an accolade.
I would like to think that she vanquished the enemy to save Boyfriend. My
common sense tells me that isn't so. This is her hard won home. She could
not come in because of the dogs: who are all now gone to RB.
Now she is in after all these years, do you think she would let The Enemy
approach the back door, like he wanted to make this his home? Absolutely
not, the Enemy got all her fury, and to be honest, he didn't know what had
hit him! He was far too near the house for one thing, and the other thing
was she needed the toilet and didn't want an audience.
BF is a very gentle cat, not like her, ROFL, he is gradually learning to
defend his territory as he matures. At one time he wouldn't do it, now he
will be quite fierce with an intruder if I am in the doorway cheering him
on. Next step is to do it on his own. That will come.
I am happy with his slow progress. I'd hate him to be a bully like The
Enemy. BF is a pacifist.
All he wants is a quiet home, enough to eat, go out on rat patrol and
pretend to catch big ones, and write to his girlfriend Mimi in America, now
and again.
BF says
It is not that I'm not brave, but dat Enemy is sure a big cat, bigger and
older dan me, and he don't like me and I don't like him. I can chase him,
and he does run away, if my meowmie nearby.
Kitty say it dont matter if he bigger, you just av to be fiercer. I say to
her you older and braver dan me, altho much smaller.
She say you still a yung boy, not too brave yet. It will come. I say I
hope my bravery comes soon. Kitty say I will get it in annovver year's time
and in der meantime she will trounce der enemy on my behalf, since she
fierce enuff for bofe of us.
I love Kitty, if she not looked after me I mite av died.
I not so sure she like me tho ;-) she always box my ears.

Boyfriend