Worst dream ever!

Old February 10th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Worst dream ever!

I've just had a terrible dream during a daytime nap. It was absolutely
HORRID and seemed to go on forever, with the most VIVID characters, I was
even thinking I would have to ask for advice in RPCA about how to handle the
situation in the dream and wondering how I would find the time to type it
out and post it, given the huge mess I was dealing with (in the dream)!!

I guess it's part of getting over whatever sickness I had, I need extra
sleep and fell asleep for an hour or so on the couch, and had this awful
dream that I could not distinguish from reality! Sorry, this will be a long
post but there's no way to tell the dream in a brief way.

The setting: My house, which was really my mother's house. It was still in
my present location but was now four stories high with a basement, and much
larger and newer. (My mother's house in real life had been a small,
one-story bungalow, in Michigan). And my mother was alive in the dream. IRL
she has been dead for almost 9 years.

My mother had a couple working for her, a young woman and her husband.
Between them they kept up the cleaning, cooking and yard. Oh, the yard was
humongous also.... I was not fond of either of them, as they seemed sneaky
or something. They lived up on the fourth floor and had that all to
themselves. I had never even been up there but later in the dream I went up
for the first time.

I had the first floor and the basement, and my mother occupied the 2nd and
3rd floors, but the only kitchen and laundry were the ones on the first
floor (mine) and I had to let my mother's helpers use them, as a condition
of occupying the first floor. They also used my doors floor to go in and
out, since there were no fire escapes or anything. So I saw quite a lot of
them.

The horrible part began when I came home one day and found all five litter
boxes missing from the utility room. I immediately knew it had to be
related to the people upstairs and went to ask about it. She refused to tell
me where they were. I kept searching and finally found four of the five
boxes, empty, out in the garage. I could not find the litter.

I asked the woman what she had done with the cat litter and she refused to
tell me. Meanwhile I have seven cats in the house with no litterbox
available so I am sort of frantic to at least get one box back in there, but
the woman will not tell me where the litter is!!!

Somehow I read her mind and realize that she can't stand being near the
litterboxes when she is doing the laundry and has decided to simply get rid
of them. I am infuriated and start screaming at her, asking if she realizes
that each of those oversized boxes had at least $6 worth of litter in it,
and I have no extra money to replace it, and demanding that she either pay
me for the cat litter that she decided to toss without telling me, or tell
me where the litter is.

Still she says nothing. After a while, her husband comes home. I catch him
at the stairway and tell him what is going on, and he says he put the box
with the Feline Pine outside "to expose it to the sun and reduce the odor".
Like an idiot I explained to him that Feline Pine has no odor and it
crumbles into sawdust that you don't even need to scoop out. I demanded that
he show me where that box was right away so at least I would be able to
bring it in and have one box available for the cats until I could replace
the others.

He walked all over the house looking out various windows on the 2nd and 3rd
floors as if trying to remember where he put the box. Finally he started
going up to the 4th floor. I followed, uninvited. When he opened the door to
his space, there was MY litterbox filled with Feline Pine, along with a
large number of cats and kittens, including the small tuxie that has IRL
been hanging out on the porch lately. I couldn't begin to count the cats in
there. And his wife was laying on the floor, looking up at me but not saying
anything.

In the few hours that the boxes had been missing these folks' cats had
turned the Feline Pine almost completely into sawdust. I said to the people
I can see you needed this and you're welcome to keep it but pay me for it so
I can go buy a new one, it had $6 worth of Feline Pine and the box itself
cost me $12, and they would also need to pay me for my time and trouble and
gas. I finally managed to collect $25 from the guy. But the nightmare was
just starting!

Next thing I knew, they were letting all their cats roam freely through the
whole house and putting MY cats outside! In between running in and out
catching cats and bringing them in, I paid a visit to my mother to explain
what was going on. I was sitting in her lap and she warned me not to speak
above a whisper because the couple had the house was bugged and if they
heard us talking against them, they would kill us!! She said I would have to
rein them in, that she had been through other situations with them and they
always got their way because it was two against one.

So I went into battle against the couple. It went on and on with me kicking
the woman's face in every time I saw her and demanding that she pay me for
the cat litter, stop letting my cats out and their cats roam on the lower
floors.

The only good thing about this dream was waking up from it and realizing
that it was only a dream!

Old February 10th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

I'll bet you had a fever! MLB

Old February 10th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"mlbriggs" wrote

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:35:19 -0600, Pat wrote:

I've just had a terrible dream during a daytime nap. snip

I'll bet you had a fever! MLB

No, not even a mild fever.

Old February 11th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of those
dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean something. You never
know

Old February 11th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"meeee" wrote

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of those
dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean something. You
never know

I'm sure it means something. But I am afraid to find out what it is!!!

Old February 12th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Default (OT and longish reply) Worst dream ever!

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"meeee" wrote

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of those
dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean something. You
never know

I'm sure it means something. But I am afraid to find out what it is!!!

I do have a dream book....not sure how good it is, but the general gist is
that your mind explores problems and possible solutions while you sleep,
that sometimes manifest as dreams, and dreams tend to be metaphorical more
than anything. Eg food can mean nurturing, murky water can mean
confusion....ok from the book, a house or home refers to your private life
and emotions, and suggests you look at where it's located, whether you feel
safe and happy there, etc. Attics stand for memory, intellectual life, or
matters that you have been trying to store away from your conscious mind.
Basements refer to where you keep your secret fears, or thos parts of you
that are hidden or undeveloped. Passing through a door indicates that you
are ready to tackle your inhibitions or make progress in a certain area of
your life, and stairs symbolize the efforts we must take to achieve a
certain goal or reach a state of greater enlightenment. (I'm just picking
bits from your dream that the book mentions) Cats are associated with
feminine traits, and cats in a dream may be telling us to be aware of a
cat-like trait such as independance or intuition that we are not using.
Perhaps also think about the fact that your cats are individuals you love
and care about, and they are being uncared for/exposed to danger...is there
a loved one you are worried about? The mother represents the nurturing and
protective aspects of ourselves and how we relate to people in any
relationship is supposed to be symbolized by this figure. Fights with
neighbours can reflect your relationship with those around you, money often
refers to something we value, our wellbeing, power, our values or potential
for success. If something was stolen from you, it's possible you feel
cheated or not respected. The important thing seems to be to look at the
emotions your dream brings you. Anyway, just some ideas that might help. You
certainly seem to be bothered by this dream, so it could be important for
you to set your mind at rest about what it means. It doesn't seem to be a
bad scary kind of thing that your dream is about, but I've had dreams like
this that have helped me realize something when I've thought about them.
Hope this helps even in a small way

Old February 13th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"meeee" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"meeee" wrote

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of
those dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean something.
You never know

Could I share my today dream, too? I found an emaciated cat in my garden,
I picked her up and she almost weighed nothing. Attached to her was an
envelope which said she was a show cat and belonged to **** with a phone
number. For some reason I managed to have a catalogue for the show! I rang
the number and they said they did not want her back. They told me to put
her to sleep.
That made me wake up in realtime with shock.

Tweed

Old February 13th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
"meeee" wrote in message

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"meeee" wrote

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible dream!! I'd be talking to one of
those dream interpretive people if I were you, it might mean
something. You never know

Could I share my today dream, too? I found an emaciated cat in my
garden, I picked her up and she almost weighed nothing. Attached to
her was an envelope which said she was a show cat and belonged to
**** with a phone number. For some reason I managed to have a
catalogue for the show! I rang the number and they said they did not
want her back. They told me to put her to sleep.
That made me wake up in realtime with shock.

Tweed

I have the most peculiar dreams, a few nights ago I dreamt I was being
chased by a man with a gun, another man beckoned me into his house and said
"you'll be safe in here". I wasn't sure whether to trust him until I saw six
cats lying around looking very contented, then I knew I was safe.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.