Purrs for Yoda

Old August 16th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Purrs for Yoda

Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Old August 16th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 16 Aug, 21:08, Sherry wrote:
Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Many, many purrs and prayers en-route.

Helen M

Old August 16th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

Sherry, I can relate. I dealt with Roxy's eye infection for about 4
months total before I finally saw a doctor who knew what to do. It is
frustrating and hard to see your cat so uncomfortable. I really hope
this treatment does the trick!

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs for an uneventful procedure. Can anesthesia kick up HL? I hope
not!

Please keep us posted.

Joyce
Old August 16th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Sherry wrote:
Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Poor Yoda! Lots of purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 16th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Sherry" wrote in message
ps.com...
Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Purrs on the way.

Old August 16th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Sherry" wrote in message
ps.com...
Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Ohmygawd Sherry, how scary!! Certainly tons of healing purrs are on their
way!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 16th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Yes, that can be scary. We're sending our best purrs his way.

Dan
Old August 16th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:08:13 -0700, Sherry wrote:

Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

Purrs and head butts on the way Sherry. You've had Yoda since way
before I ever even knew what news groups were. Best wishes for his
full and speedy recovery.

-bonbon
Old August 16th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
ps.com...
Yoda is at the vets right now having his eye sewn shut. They're going
to medicate the eye, pull the third eyelid over the eye, and then the
outer lid, and leave it that way for 2 weeks to heal.

On one hand I'm really encouraged that someone seems to actually know
what to do. We have been treating
this eye for at least 2-3 months and it would get better, but never
completely heal, then it would get worse again.

On the other hand, I'm very concerned about anesthsia, his age, and
his history of HL.

Purrs appreciated!

Sherry

We're sending our best healing purrs for the Yo-Man.

Theresa

Old August 16th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Sherry, we will purr and pray for Yoda's quick recovery and
the total success of the procedure. Poor baby.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come