Kitty Walk!

Old October 19th 03, 04:00 PM
jmcquown

Default Kitty Walk!

Persia's outside in her 'kitty walk' (Drs. Foster & Smith Catalog) on the
patio. I have the windows open and she begged to go outside. It's a nice
cool 68F degrees and she's playing with the pine needles When she gets
tired of that she'll sit in the cloth hammock in her 'cabana' and just watch
the birds and stuff. Maybe a squirrel will venture onto the patio.
Hopefully NOT that cat from across the street! (I'm seriously afraid I'm
going to have to trap that one and take it to a no-kill shelter.)

Jill

Old October 19th 03, 04:30 PM
Mary

(I'm seriously afraid I'm
going to have to trap that one and take it to a no-kill shelter.)

My neighbors cat was coming over and peeing all over my house. This literally
****ed off my kitty who returned the favor in kind and ****ed on the inside of
my house. I sent a letter to my neighbor telling him about his cat's spraying
on my doors, cars, motorcycle, motorcycle jacket hanging over my bike! and
other things. I quoted the code that shows he is liable for all damages. My
neighbor then called up the real owner of the cats who were dumped there and
that guy came and got them. They were the only wandering cats in my
neighborhood. We have busy streets here and no one would want their cat to
wander. I think or at least hope my problem is solved. Maybe you should try a
legal letter. The owner of the cat is responsible for all damages done by the
cat.
Old October 19th 03, 04:45 PM
jmcquown

Mary wrote:
(I'm seriously afraid I'm
going to have to trap that one and take it to a no-kill shelter.)

My neighbors cat was coming over and peeing all over my house. This
literally ****ed off my kitty who returned the favor in kind and
****ed on the inside of my house. I sent a letter to my neighbor
telling him about his cat's spraying on my doors, cars, motorcycle,
motorcycle jacket hanging over my bike! and other things. I quoted
the code that shows he is liable for all damages. My neighbor then
called up the real owner of the cats who were dumped there and that
guy came and got them. They were the only wandering cats in my
neighborhood. We have busy streets here and no one would want their
cat to wander. I think or at least hope my problem is solved. Maybe
you should try a legal letter. The owner of the cat is responsible
for all damages done by the cat.

But there are no "damages"; simply that Persia gets very, very upset when
this cat wanders up to the glass door or the windows or anywhere she can see
him/her. I've contacted Animal Control. While there is no leash law for
cats per se in Shelby County, it is against the law for someones pets to
become an annoyance on your property. They offered to rent me a live trap.
I already have one.

This owner said to me "I have three cats and four kids; I can't keep up with
all of them all the time." Uh uh... so either stop having kids or get rid
of the cats. She really doesn't care. She claims this cat escapes from the
house but I've seen all three lounging around on her front lawn. She lets
them run, plain and simple. And the orange one comes over and bugs the heck
out of Persia.

So, I will probably put out the humane trap and take the cat to a place
where someone will at least care for it. Maybe the House of Mews.

Jill

Old October 19th 03, 06:33 PM
Mary

But there are no "damages"; simply that Persia gets very, very upset when
this cat wanders up to the glass door or the windows or anywhere she can see
him/her.

Um, how about a white lie? How about saying the cats are spraying. Maybe they
are and just don't see them doing it anyway. Or maybe the cat is knocking over
pots, scratching your car by sitting on it...? Maybe it'll get her to be more
responsible.
Old October 19th 03, 06:34 PM
Mary

So, I will probably put out the humane trap and take the cat to a place
where someone will at least care for it. Maybe the House of Mews.

I believe if you trap, you must notify your neighbors that you'll be trapping
stray cats. That's the law here in California. Then they at least have a chance
to come claim them or not.
Old October 19th 03, 07:34 PM
jmcquown

Mary wrote:
So, I will probably put out the humane trap and take the cat to a
place
where someone will at least care for it. Maybe the House of Mews.

I believe if you trap, you must notify your neighbors that you'll be
trapping stray cats. That's the law here in California. Then they at
least have a chance to come claim them or not.

Here there are no such laws. When I contacted Animal Control and they
offered to rent me a humane trap, they said nothing about my having to
notify anyone. However, she is aware of my complaints and chooses to make
excuses and do nothing about it.

Jill

Old October 19th 03, 08:41 PM
P. Cox

I might be in the minority but I just don't see whats such a big deal
that persia gets a bit excitable when this cat comes by. I live in a
neighborhood with many free roaming cats and dogs and my scat sometimes
takes exception to their presence outside the house and if it is a cat
she runs to the shelf in the utility room, soon she gets over it and
comes down, if its a dog she runs to the window and growls. As long as
the animal outdoors isn't harming anything it isn't a problem to have
them in the yard, the excitment isn't going to harm scat indoors just
get her blood pumping a bit faster. She's a cat and if she was out in
the wild she would have to learn to deal with other animals, its a
naural thing to let them see other animals. Now if the roaming animal is
causing harm such as tearing screens or ruining plants its another
matter. I do run off dogs that chase the three homelss cats I take care
of and go out and break up cat fights between them and some black cat
that comes around but as to scat getting excited because there is a
stranger in the yard she'll just have to learn to deal with it in her
own way. jmo
peace, p

Old October 19th 03, 09:36 PM
MaryL

"P. Cox" wrote in message
I might be in the minority but I just don't see whats such a big deal
that persia gets a bit excitable when this cat comes by.

peace, p

It can be a problem. Many cats become extremely agitated when "their"
territory is invaded. Some become sprayers (indoors!!) in attempt to claim
their territory.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Old October 19th 03, 11:00 PM
jmcquown

P. Cox wrote:
I might be in the minority but I just don't see whats such a big deal
that persia gets a bit excitable when this cat comes by.

(snip)
peace, p

It's a big deal when she gets so ticked off she knocks over the plant stand
by the window breaking several pots and killing a couple of plants. And
tearing down the mini-blinds to get at this cat. Not to mention pushing out
the screen on the sliding glass door to the point where I had to purchase a
baby gate so I could let the fresh air in and not have her go charging out
through the screen. Yeah, it's a big deal to me.

Jill

Old October 19th 03, 11:13 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:36:00 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"P. Cox" wrote in message
I might be in the minority but I just don't see whats such a big deal
that persia gets a bit excitable when this cat comes by.

peace, p

It can be a problem. Many cats become extremely agitated when "their"
territory is invaded. Some become sprayers (indoors!!) in attempt to claim
their territory.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Well, I imagine Jill will provide the whle history as soon as she sees
this. but it's more than just the cat roaming through her yard and
patio. As I remember, the offending cat has to cross a busy road to
get to her yard, and the owner sounds like a real loser. I know a
little of how Jill feels, since I have one here a couple doors down.
Jill has been trying to deal with this owner for as long as I've been
reading rpca - granted that hasn't been all that long.

and like MaryL said, Persia sounds one of those very excitable cats.