Liz's Food recommendations

Old October 8th 03, 08:32 PM
Liz

I guess I will break these up a bit. Yes the word is nonsense. Who do
you think pioneered adding high levels of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to
diets? in *1962* - Hill's. But you're right that was only 41 years
ago, not 50. There isn't a diet out there with more N3,6's than
products made by Hill's.

What is the percentage of omega 3 and omega 6 in Science Diet Adult
Maintenance?

What you fail to recognize, primarily becauaue you have followed down
the path of totally UNPROVEN carbophobia is that once the state of
metabolic acidosis is reached, it doesn't mater what the level of
carbs are - not one bit. It doesn't matter for treating weight loss or
for diabetes.

Who said anything about metabolic acidosis? I´m talking about the
Atkin´s diet. How did you go from the Atkin´s diet to metabolic
acidosis?

That's always the fall back isn't it. Play Chicken little and claim
the sky *might* be falling. I would suggest that you need to look at a
number of possible nutrients that are ONLY available when cooked. Be
sure to tell me how you are planning for these unknown nutrients that
are ONLY available in cooked foods.

Oh dear, someone really needs to be a genious to figure this one out.
For how long have cats (or humans) existed? And for how long have we
been cooking our food? For how long have cats been cooking their food?
If any essential nutrient were only available after cooking, we
wouldn´t be here, don´t you think?

Oh goodness. Now this is wild bs. Please state one. And let me remind
you that cellulose or starch are *not* necessary at all in a cat´s
diet.

Can you spell lycopene? trypsin in native states? and of course the
dreaded and evil carbohydrates, despite the myths and unsubstantiated
hypothesis of the carbophobics.

Lycopene. Red pigment only present in certain plants. Cats do not eat
plants. Should we assume lycopene is essential to cats? Does cooking
actually affect lycopene or does it rupture the cell wall of plants
making its contents available to us or cats, both uncapable of
breaking through the cell wall of plants? And a correction: lycopene
is more available in cooked plants than raw plants, it´s not *only*
available in cooked plants.

Trypsin is an enzyme and all enzymes are proteins. Proteins are
denatured by heat and the more denatured they are, the harder they
become to digest until they become completely undigestible. Please
give me the source of your information as I will *definitively* check
this one.
Old October 8th 03, 08:40 PM
Liz

Excessive levels of nutrients
are the biggest cause of disease death in pets today.

Reference please.

And don´t give me that old crap of the early stages of
kidney disease. Phosphorus is only harmful to kidneys if it is in
excess in *blood*, not in diet.

Absolutely WRONG!!!!!!!! Phos levels above 0.4% in cats and dogs with
early renal failure CAUSES early DEATH. No if's no ands, no buts.

Reference please.

Excess phosphorus in blood
(hyperphosphataemia) can be detected at any time, all it takes is a
blood panel.

Again WRONG - You cannot detect early renal failure with a "blood
panel". Not even close. I can't believe you are so damn stubborn about
defending your mistakes your carbophobia you would willingly put other
peoples animals at risk by making such a totally erroneous statement.

DID I WRITE CRF OR HYPERPHOSPHATAEMIA?

Hello!! Earth to LIZ - Purina's dry DM product has the same level of
carbs.

Hey, did I ever say I endorse Purina´s dry DM? But I don´t see any
representative from Purina in this forum feeding us bull****.

Old October 8th 03, 09:17 PM
Joe Canuck

Liz wrote:
Then I started feeding her a 75% California Natural & 25% Science Diet
Nature's Best. Everything changed around mealtime... she now meows for
me to fill up the dish. She now seems to try to ferret out the Science
Diet chunks from the California Natural. If I have no treats on hand,
she will happily consider the pure Science Diet Nature's Best chunks as
a treat.

Do you have kids? Get a bowl of icecream or some chocolate chip
cookies and a bowl of steak and put both in front of the child. Most
children will go for the icecream or cookies. Does that mean this is
the best for them?

Then I guess I was a weird kid... because I used to eat everything...
steak, ice cream, cookies and anything else that got in the way.

;-)

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old October 8th 03, 10:16 PM
Philip ®

In om,
Liz being of bellicose mind posted:
Then I started feeding her a 75% California Natural & 25%
Science Diet Nature's Best. Everything changed around
mealtime... she now meows for me to fill up the dish. She now
seems to try to ferret out the Science Diet chunks from the
California Natural. If I have no treats on hand, she will
happily consider the pure Science Diet Nature's Best chunks as a
treat.

Do you have kids? Get a bowl of icecream or some chocolate chip
cookies and a bowl of steak and put both in front of the child.
Most children will go for the icecream or cookies. Does that mean
this is the best for them?

Hahahhaha. Both our kids (35 yrs ago) would have asked for a soda or
milk and eaten everything in sight!
--

~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"

Old October 8th 03, 10:16 PM
Philip ®

In om,
Liz being of bellicose mind posted:
It should give a logically thinking grown-up some pause to
wonder why 99.99% of all practicing veterinarians, EVERY board
certified diplomate of the American College of Veterinary
Nutrition, and every Board certified diplomate of the American
College of Veterinary Internal Medicine refuses to endorse the
BARF philosophy.

I would say they are being responsible. Heck, people can´t even
take care of themselves when it comes to eating and you expect
them to do a good job with their pets? How many people would have
the time and money to prepare a balanced raw diet? And how many of
these would handle meat safely, both for them and for their pets?
How many people are in fact hygienic? How many people wash their
hands before they handle meat? How many lawsuits would they be
against the veterinary community if they acquired toxo by handling
meat for their pets? If I were a vet, I would definitively be
hesitant to advocate raw without first giving a lecture about
feeding raw. Afterall, a vet simply does not know what kind of a
person (or pig) they´re dealing with. The fact that they don´t
advocate raw does not necessarily mean raw is not the best for the
animal.

Hey.... there are two kinds of people: Those who wash there hands
before having an elimination and those who wash their hands after.
;-)