[OT] Need Ideas for Charity Auction

Old November 28th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne

Default [OT] Need Ideas for Charity Auction

Hi,

I'm coming up completely blank on this one, perhaps some of you might
be willing to suggest some ideas.

A group I belong to is having a charity purse auction in a couple
months. For our auction, each of our members is making up at least one
"theme purse". This could be a purse of any kind, and then you put
goodies in it to make a theme. Then we're going to sell them via live
auction for charity.

For example, one of our members is doing a "beauty purse" which will
contain a bunch of their skin care products donated by her daughter,
who sells Mary Kay. Another person is doing a "poker bag" - the purse
has a very subtle black-on-black design of the suits of cards on the
outside, and she's putting in various things a poker player might like
on the inside.

My problem, as I said above, is that I'm coming up blank on ideas, but
I have to have my purse pulled together and turned in in early
January. Help? Anyone?

Jeanne Hedge
via google groups
Old November 28th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Jeanne wrote:
[...]

How about a cat purse, filled with treats and catnip?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 28th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

until recently I had a very cute purse from a purse boutique, on the front
are 2 ... drumroll please,... you guessed it kittens that looked strikingly
like stormmee... got it before she arrived... get one with a cat and fill
it with nip or those treats you think cost too much, petramalt and a zoom
groom...

there was a cheerleader purse that would be cute with diet snacks and an
exercise video...

there were purses with old movie stars on them... collection of Elvis movies
or John Wayne... and put in some microwave popcorn..

sorry these sound lame but its the best I can do,

Old November 28th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Jeanne wrote:

My problem, as I said above, is that I'm coming up blank on ideas, but
I have to have my purse pulled together and turned in in early
January. Help? Anyone?

Cat-lovers' purse, or dog-lovers - fill with toys, treats, brushes etc,
maybe one of those miniature books of cat/dog quotes you see in the
bookshops
Cooking purse - assortment of herbs, spices, unusual/exotic ingredients,
cookery goodies, one or two small utensils
Vacation purse - travel-size containers of toiletries, sun lotion, etc,
roll-up sun hat, pocket-sized book of maps, travel clock
Craft-person's purse - knitting, sewing, applique, scrap-booking
goodies, glitter, glue, etc
Artist's purse - small paint or coloured pencil set, brushes, small
sketch book, pencils, eraser
Candy-lover's purse - no explanation necessary!
Tea/coffee lover's purse - tea bags, tea leaves, tea infuser, ground
coffee, sugar crystals, chocolate sprinkles, small mug, pretty spoon,
coaster
etc
etc.

ermm... can't think of anything else for now!

HTH
Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old November 28th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:31:07 -0800, Jeanne wrote:

[...]

Suggestion: Fill the purse with grocery coupons. Watch expiration dates,
of course. MLB

Old November 28th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jeanne" wrote in message
[...]

A spice purse, with bags of various spices/herbs for cooking.

Tweed

Old November 28th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:31:07 -0800 (PST), Jeanne
wrote:

[...]

Scrapbooker's Purse - a small scrapbooking toolbag (something like
this: http://www.cropinstyle.com/home.php
http://www.stonecreekcreations.com/p...ters_purse.php
filled with the appropriate basic tools and embellishment packages.

Catlover's Purse - put in claw-clippers, zoomgroom/brush, treaties,
gourmet catfood pouches and cute cat toys.
This one's too cute for words -
http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/c...roduct_id=6016
http://www.ebags.com/red_tango/brand...?brandid=10209
http://www.thecatconnection.com/page/TCC/CTGY/GFT-BAGS

Puzzler's Purse - really nice pen and pencil set, erasers, crosswords,
sudoku, other puzzle book/s, mini puzzler's dictionary...
http://www.colour-dreams.net/bag-blog/dooney-crossword/
http://cgi.ebay.com/Puzzle-Purse-Aut...QQcmdZViewItem
http://www.cafepress.com/munchkinandmom.180145789

Children's 'Busy Box - cute backpack with small kids toys, picture
books, colouring (and pencils/crayons), kiddy puzzle book,
Old November 28th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Jeanne" wrote in message
[...]

There are so many good suggestions! How about an Art Purse, with a small
pad of nice art paper, some colored pencils and markers, stickers and
labels, and/or a rubber stamp or two?

Old November 28th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Gosh, there is Beach party, Christmas purse with all sorts of goodies, A New
Year purse with a little bottle of wine and two glasses. This would be a
hoot to do!

Old November 29th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Need Ideas for Charity Auction

On Nov 28, 10:31 am, Jeanne wrote:
[...]

Hi Jeanne--I don't know what your spending limit is, but trips always
auction real
well at our annual Ball. You could put the plane tickets, hotel &
restaurant
vouchers in the purse.
I like your idea!! We need a change. We do this dinner, dance &
charity
auction with items donated by merchants. This is the 10th year and it'
seems like it's just getting so stale. :-(

Sherry