Repost

Old January 12th 05, 07:12 PM
Doug McDonald

Default Repost

The following was posted to alt.tasteless, where it is indeed
on-topic. But I thought it sould have been cross-posted
to several other groups, such as here. I merely repost
to troll.

We recently had a very cold spell and the outdoor cats were pawing an
yelling because everytime I gave them a bowl of water it would freeze up
right away. If they had any brains they would drink it when I first put it
out and not wait till later. However, cats never seem to have any
brains, so
they always make more work and expense for us owners. I got real sick of
having frozen water in their bowl and having to get my husband to smash it
out with a hammer. I finally had to buy a new bowl because all the
hammering
broke it. While at it, I bought a second bowl, so the frozen one could thaw
in the sink and not need to be hammered. Of course that did not solve the
problem with the cats waiting until it froze to want a drink. Last week my
husband finally went to the autoparts store and bought some antifreeze. He
added some of it to the water and now the water dont freeze. That sure
makes
my job easier. The only problem is that the cats must have dehidrated
before
we used the antifreeze and now the cats are dying. So far 5 of them died. 2
on Sat. 1 on Sun, and another is dead this morning. I feel bad, but they
should have drank when we gave them the water, not waited untill it froze.
There are only 3 cats left. Is there a way to force some water in them so
they dont dehidrate any more. My husband said he can take them in the
garage
and pump them full of water with a power washer (I think thats what he
called it), but he is afraid he will get clawed when he sticks the hose
down
their throat. He's pretty good with tools and can fix almost anything, but
he is afraid of the cats. Thats why they are my job.
Is there any other way to force water in them?

Is that a winner of a troll or not?