Harri Roadcat is terribly sick

Old June 22nd 05, 03:42 PM
KittyLady

Oh no Dan,
Purrs for Harri to get better soon and to forgo any complications. She
is such a wee little thing to be so ill. I read your title and cryed.
Harri and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts until she
pulls through this ordeal.

Skritches,
KittyLady

Old June 22nd 05, 03:59 PM
Adrian

MaryL wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Dan M at
wrote on 6/21/05 7:11 PM:

I'll find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I
left. Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly
the amount of my short-term disability checks for the last two
weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Oh noooooo!!! Oh I hope she recovers. How awful!!! Oh Dan.
Please send
the name of the vet. I'd be glad to send at least a little
something. Oh poor Harri. Poor you! I hope her lung is not
collapsed. I know that is terribly painful.

Karen,

I just sent email to Dan asking him to confirm Harri's status and
whether the same contact information should be used for donations.
Dan did include information in an earlier response to Victor, and I
plan to send a donation as soon as I hear from him. I'm only waiting
for a reply in case Harri is moved to Dan's regular vet, but I'll
send a donation to the address below if I don't hear soon.

Here is the information Dan included in the earlier message:

Animal Medical Cener of Redlands
Dr. Louis T Burch
340 North 6th Street
Redlands, CA 92374
909-793-1499
909-793-4775
909-335-9369 fax

MaryL

I notice you included Dan's typo in the word center. ;-) Still purring
for Harri, she's in the right place and she's young. I'm very hopefull
she'll get better.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 22nd 05, 04:15 PM
MaryL

"ShortTail Tom" wrote in message
news

I can't imagine what it would be like getting paid only once a month. With
my relativelypoor financial discipline I would never make it! But purrs
and prayers are needed now more than anything else.

Many of us get paid just once a month. It was difficult in the beginning,
but I simply developed a system in which I realized that "I won't have any
more money next week than I have this week," so I plan my payments and
expenses around that one pay date -- regardless of when the payments are
actually due. I also try to schedule large payments (mortgage, car) so they
are due about a week after I am paid. That way, the largest payments come
out first; but the week's time allows some leeway for mail when I am on
vacation.

MaryL

Old June 22nd 05, 04:23 PM
Fritti Fritti is offline
Member

Location: The Netherlands
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan M
Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.
All twelve here purring their best in perfect key! Even the little six-week-old Reverse is doing her best for poor poor Harri! Get well soon! Get well soon! PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRR!!!
Old June 22nd 05, 04:37 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Dan M wrote:
The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the

Whew, that's a relief! I was very scared there for a moment.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Dan, we still have a little bit of money leftover from Tweed's flowers,
I'm sure folks wouldn't mind donating it for Harri's vet bill. I'd be
happy to add some to it. Anybody else?

Definitely! Dan, if you'll post your vet's name and phone number we could
call in credit card payments (I've done so a number of times and there was
never a problem). Ten or twenty bucks is about the cost of just one lunch -
but when twenty or thirty people contribute just that much it adds up quite
quickly and can help someone out of a bad spot.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Lots and lots of purrs!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 22nd 05, 04:39 PM
CatNipped

"Dan M" wrote in message
A few days ago I noticed Harri doing some coughing. She stopped after a
minute or so and it didn't repeat. Yesterday she had another coughing
fit, and that concerned me. She has also been a little bit listless and
lethargic. When I got back from my doctor appointment this afternoon I
saw that Harri has breathing very heavily, and she hadn't been doing
anything strenuous. By this time it was getting near 4 PM, and her usual
vet is over an hour's drive away at this time of day. I did some quick
research and located a vet in nearby Redlands, and remembered that I
have heard good things about that vet.

I had the feeling that Harri needed to see the vet immediately, and that
waiting until tomorrow might not be a good idea. I loaded Harri into the
carrier and we made the fastest trip to Redlands we've ever done. The
vet looked her over and found that she has a very high temperature. When
he listened to her breathing he found that she at least has a very
advanced case of pneumonia, and might have a collapsed lung. He did
mention that if I had waited til tomorrow, I probably would have had a
dead kitty.

The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the
night at the vet, getting IV fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. She's
also getting a lot of blood work done, and is getting some x-rays taken.
I'll find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Ohmygawd, Dan, I'm so sorry to hear Harri is so ill. Tons of purrs are on
the way.

Dan, if you'll post your vet's name and phone number I can call in a few
bucks on my credit card - it won't be much, but if others do too it can add
up quickly.

I never mind doing this, I don't even notice the small payment - and I might
be in the same boat one day and need the help myself.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 22nd 05, 04:43 PM
Victor M

I called the vet just now to make a donation. They've aready gotten two
more and they're very touched that people care enough to do this.
They didn't have the lab results yet, but the lady said Harri is still
having difficulty breathing, so keep the purrs coming!

Victor

Old June 22nd 05, 04:49 PM
Elizabeth

Monty is purring; he's good at that.

Dan, is Harri at the animal hospital on Colton between New York and
Tennessee? If so, yes, they're excellent, and are where Monty has his
quarterly blood tests. If I (the other local hooman...) can help,
please let me know.

-- Emc^2

Old June 22nd 05, 04:51 PM
Dan M

Elizabeth wrote:
Monty is purring; he's good at that.

Dan, is Harri at the animal hospital on Colton between New York and
Tennessee? If so, yes, they're excellent, and are where Monty has his
quarterly blood tests. If I (the other local hooman...) can help,
please let me know.

-- Emc^2

Thanks! Harri is in the animal hospital on 6th between Pearl and
Redlands Blvd.