Bak to da Kassel, dinner & a knocert!

Old September 12th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Julie Porter

Default Bak to da Kassel, dinner & a knocert!

Wow, now dat dem 'citin lekshunz iz offur, we can get bak to da
Countess' Kassel, where we wuz filin in fur aperitifs, an of cawze,

we
iz all awaitink dat koncert by Rebecca's noo fren!

What say kitties, to da Kassel!

Itz bowt tyme!
I yam reddee furr da rezt ov dinner, den furr shurr da konzert.

Pit2nya AKA Sweetee

Yes, me, too! Ize alwaze reddy fur fudz!

Sundance

Weer reddy for da koncert, tuu Dis is a rare treet fur us.

HoneyCat an Andy

Old September 12th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:16:42 -0400, Mme. Anaļs ^..^ wrote:

Hihi kittiez!

Wow, now dat dem 'citin lekshunz iz offur, we can get bak to da
Countess' Kassel, where we wuz filin in fur aperitifs, an of cawze, we
iz all awaitink dat koncert by Rebecca's noo fren!

What say kitties, to da Kassel!

I do believe I hear the orchestra practicing, over in the outer courtyard.
Maybe they are almost ready to begin! Perhaps they will begin the
performance while we're finishing off our dinner and enjoying our deserts.

Cleo
Old September 13th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaļs ^..^

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 05:25:12 GMT, Rebecca's nimble, little paws typed:

Yes, letz! Whare iz dat Hercule, enneeway?

Rebecca, thinking she has waited quite long enough to hear the mystery
composition

Iznt dis da area where doze trafellink opera kitties iz frum I
wunner if dey's giff usses a performans of DEFLATORMOUSE?

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaļs
9/12/2006 11:10:49 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old September 13th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaļs ^..^

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:10:19 -0700, Her Royal Highness Cleopatra
Silvercat's nimble, little paws typed:

I do believe I hear the orchestra practicing, over in the outer courtyard.
Maybe they are almost ready to begin! Perhaps they will begin the
performance while we're finishing off our dinner and enjoying our deserts.

Cleo

[No sooner than Cleopatra speaks, the wait-kitties bring in platter
after platter of appatizers: Salmon puff pastries, tuna sashimi, all
kinds of meat and fish pātes, and a large serving dish of cavair,
surrounded by toast points. The Countess' sommielier is followed by
his assistants, who begin pouring wine. The Countess seat, is however,
empty.]

The doors to the dining room open, and the Countess, resplendant in a
white evening gown and much jewlery enters....

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaļs
9/13/2006 10:22:27 AM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old September 13th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Countess Katzenplatzen

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:26:19 -0400, Mme. Anaļs ^..^ wrote:

[No sooner than Cleopatra speaks, the wait-kitties bring in platter
after platter of appatizers: Salmon puff pastries, tuna sashimi, all
kinds of meat and fish pātes, and a large serving dish of cavair,
surrounded by toast points. The Countess' sommielier is followed by
his assistants, who begin pouring wine. The Countess seat, is however,
empty.]

The doors to the dining room open, and the Countess, resplendant in a
white evening gown and much jewlery enters....

[As the Countess approaches the stage, the Countess' Chief of Staff,
Dieter, takes the stage and approaches the microphone.]

Dieter: Ladycats and gentlecats, welcome to this special celebration.
Tonight it is our great joy to welcome our friends to der Kastle fur dis
dinner and a musical celebration. To introduce tonight's musical program,
here ist our hostess, die Countess Katzenplatzen.

Countess K: Good evening, friends et neighbors! I am delighted to see so
many of you wiz us zis evening, and I hope zat you all are enjoying this
evening as much as I am.

Tonight we do indeed haf a special moosical treat. When it was decided zat
we needed a special evening to celebrate ze opening of ze new moozeeum, we
spent a great deal of time searching for ze composer best suited to create
a special composition for zis event. Many of you - no, most of you - will
be familiar wiz ze artist who finally agreed to create our moosic. Zis
kittychat has been composing moosik for several years, and iz respected as
the the best-loved feline composer of our time. Zis chat has written many
highly-regarded works in ze past, but disappeared from ze public scene
over a year ago. In zat time he has not been heard from at all by ze
moosical community.

I am furry pleezed to announce zat zis reclusive moosical genius has come
out of hiding to create for us a new symphony. Ze artist of whom I speak
is, of course, Monsieur Hercule Lenoir.

[At this annoucement the collected cats all begin to meow amongst
themselves.]

Yes, zees is a major surprise. But I believe you shall all be further
surprised before ze evening is over.

Tonight's moosic will be performed by ze All Burope Symphony Orcatstra.
But for tonight, zey will be directed by a guest conductor. Ladycats and
gentlecats, I present to you tonight's guest conductor - Hercule Lenoir.

[This being the first time that Hercule has been seen in public on over a
year, the crowd erupts in applause. While they meow their appreciation, an
elegant Havana Brown kitty in formal attire takes the podium. With a wink
at Rebecca, Hercule addresses the audience.]

Hercule: Good evening, mine friends. It is a pleasure to once again be
with ze feline community. I am especially delighted to be able to share
with you this new expression of mine life.

This new piece is a symphony. It tells ze story of a cat in conflict. In
the first movement we hear ze story of a young cat, in love with music.
Expression comes easily, and the young cat takes his musical gifts for
granted. As we move into ze second movement, the cat is maturing and
realizing that his gift should not be taken lightly. He turns to
introspection and, as a result of taking his music too seriously he
experiences a complete block in his creativity which further draws him
into self-doubt. Finally, in the third movement zis cat meets a bootiful
and intelligent girlcat who opens his eyes to the wonders of life he has
been missing, and the now mature boycat experiences a reawakening of his
moosical gifts.

Mine friends, I now present to you - the Symphony Rebecca.

[Hercule turns to the orchestra and raises his baton. With a flourish, he
launches the musicians into his symphony. As they fly through the first
movement the audience is enraptured with his light and airy passages. The
overall sound is cheerful and brings smiles to the faces of all the
kitties listening. There is a pause at the end of the first movement, then
the orchestra begins the second movement. The sound now is heavier,
darker, more somber. As this movement proceeds, it gets progressively
darker and slower, with many minor chords. All who hear it feel the
oppressive weight of a heavy burden. The end of the second movement
finally arrives, and the pause is like a welcome breath of fresh air. The
third movement launches with a continuation of the dark theme of the
second movement, but is soon relieved with some light and airy themes. As
it progresses, this final movement sees the dark, somber themes
disappearing and being replaced with the bouncier, joyous sounds of life
that is being fully enjoyed. By the end of the movement, all of the
listeners have tears of joy in their eyes.

As the final sounds of the symphony die away, the crowd erupts with
applause. A runner approaches the stage with paws full of roses and hands
them to Hercule. Hercule then climbs down the stairs at the foot of the
stage, approaches Rebecca, hands all of the roses to her, and kisses her
paw.]

Old September 14th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

diz wuz wonnerful muzik, dija see rebecca'z faze? Tiger to hiz wifekitty
holding herown paw
news

Old September 14th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

"Countess Katzenplatzen" wrote in message
news

Tonight's moosic will be performed by ze All Burope Symphony Orcatstra.
But for tonight, zey will be directed by a guest conductor. Ladycats and
gentlecats, I present to you tonight's guest conductor - Hercule Lenoir.

[Rebecca applauds enthusiastically and is happy at the warm reception
Hercule receives from the crowd.]
..
..
..
Mine friends, I now present to you - the Symphony Rebecca.

[Rebecca suppresses a gasp and whispers to Anaļs and Tiger, "He named it
after myownself?"]

[Hercule turns to the orchestra and raises his baton. With a flourish, he
launches the musicians into his symphony. As they fly through the first
movement the audience is enraptured with his light and airy passages. The
overall sound is cheerful and brings smiles to the faces of all the
kitties listening.

[Rebecca thinks to herself, "Oh, datz so bootiful!"]

There is a pause at the end of the first movement, then
the orchestra begins the second movement. The sound now is heavier,
darker, more somber. As this movement proceeds, it gets progressively
darker and slower, with many minor chords. All who hear it feel the
oppressive weight of a heavy burden. The end of the second movement
finally arrives, and the pause is like a welcome breath of fresh air.

[Rebecca thinks to herself, "That wuz diffykult to lissen to, but sumhow
kumpelling."]

The third movement launches with a continuation of the dark theme of the
second movement, but is soon relieved with some light and airy themes. As
it progresses, this final movement sees the dark, somber themes
disappearing and being replaced with the bouncier, joyous sounds of life
that is being fully enjoyed. By the end of the movement, all of the
listeners have tears of joy in their eyes.

As the final sounds of the symphony die away, the crowd erupts with
applause.

[Rebecca rises to her paws, tears in her eyes, applauding and shouting
"Bravo" to Hercule.]

A runner approaches the stage with paws full of roses and hands
them to Hercule. Hercule then climbs down the stairs at the foot of the
stage, approaches Rebecca, hands all of the roses to her, and kisses her
paw.]

[Rebecca accepts the roses.]

Fangu, deer Hercule! I fingk dis evening iz da bestest purrsent I haz ever
had.

Rebecca

Old September 14th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

*tiger anna hiz wifekitty luk at each ofur wif certain knowlegde,... Yes my
dear he did, and if you luk inn yourown heart you will hear that song that
is named for himself singing there alzo, Tiger
Rebecca wrote in message
. ..
"Countess Katzenplatzen" wrote in message
news

Tonight's moosic will be performed by ze All Burope Symphony Orcatstra.
But for tonight, zey will be directed by a guest conductor. Ladycats and
gentlecats, I present to you tonight's guest conductor - Hercule Lenoir.

[Rebecca applauds enthusiastically and is happy at the warm reception
Hercule receives from the crowd.]
.
.
.

Old September 14th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaļs ^..^

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:45:31 -0500, Stormmee's nimble, little paws
typed:

diz wuz wonnerful muzik, dija see rebecca'z faze? Tiger to hiz wifekitty
holding herown paw

Yes, my luf [wiping away a tear], dat was a furry movink piece of
moosic. I finks dat Rebecca has fownd a potential wink heer; I'ze
happy fur herownself!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaļs