How Is Madeleine?

Old February 2nd 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default How Is Madeleine?

"Lump" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just returned from the vet with Madeleine.

When i brought her in, first and assistant looked at her and seemed
like she didn't think Madsie looked good. She said her temperature
was very low, 98 point something, i can't even remember now. But this
whole time i've kept her bundles in plenty of blankets and whenever i
felt her she was so warm. After the doctor looked at her, his face
looked down. He said she was very dehydrated again, even though i've
been feeding her and giving her water since last time.

I guess i didn't do a good enough job. I really was surprised. I
thought she had been improving, even though i guess there's nothing
that should have given me that impression except that she was chewing
on her own. And she seemed warm and breathing fine. But no walking,
very limp.

I confirmed to him that, on the first day when we brought her home
after the first pain shot, she was remarkably improved, ate on her
own, tried to move on her own, etc, but the next day she fell back to
not eating and being limp.

Lump, there is a point I am not clear about it, or maybe I missed the
explanation...Why is Madeleine having pain that she needs pain shots? I
thought she had a dental done. One of my cats had an extensive dental (the
vet ended up having to extract quite a few teeth), and the cat did not
require any additional pain shots after the fact and did not seem to be in
pain. Ditto with my dog (although he didn't have so many teeth extracted).
Is Madeleine having pain from the dental?

He said he could give her more fluid in the sking and another pain
shot, but that he didn't think it would do much. He said he didn't
think her outlook was good. I said i wanted to try the fluid and pain
shot, anyway, so he did that, and she's here with me now. It's not
the same as the last time but maybe in a few hours i'll notice a
difference, as the last time, they kept her there all day and i do not
know what time they gave her the shot that day. So maybe it will take
a while. And maybe somehow it will make a bigger difference this
time.

I should have taken her in yesterday, maybe it would have made a
diffference. I don't know what to do. Every time i take her to the
vet, she is so scared.

You're doing everything humanly possible. You're a great mom. I think it's
human to feel guilty. I still feel guilty about Molly...I would be willing
to bet there are quite a few people on this newsgroup who feel guilty even
though they were faced with situations they couldn't control.

I just want her to be back to the way she was before. I want her to
be happy. I don't understand what happened. I think i could accept
it if she died of old age but she was so vibrant before. It's not her
time and if she dies, i don't know what to do. I can't imagine living
without her i don't know if i can live without her. She is like my
own child to me. I don't have and never will have children of my
own. I can't bear to lose her. I know living creatures don't last
forever, but it just doesn't seem right for her to die now. She
should be fluttering around with her tail in the air and jumping on my
bed and looking at me with that lovely expression, and nuzzling up to
me.

I don't know what to do.

Keep on loving her and doing what you're doing, and pray for her, as many of
us are. I've seen a *miracle* even this week. I have an elderly cousin who
was in intensive care in the local hospital with septicemia. The situation
was extremely precarious. She had stated that she didn't want any heroic
measures, and her daughters had all said goodbye to her. She had a major
turnaround in 24 hours. She has now been transferred to a rehab facility and
will hopefully be going home in a week or two. I thought I would be
attending a funeral this week. Instead, I will be helping her daughters (my
cousins) celebrate her ongoing recovery. Don't give up!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 2nd 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lump

She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

I am very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to say goodbye. You're a great
cat mom and you did everything you could to help Madeleine.

Bonnie

oups.com...

Old February 2nd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Lump" wrote in message
oups.com...
She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

-----------
Lump, I am so sorry. I don't have the words. I'm crying too. Many of us have
gone through this (I went through this only a few months ago). I know
exactly how you feel. Please keep posting here. Maybe we can offer you some
words of comfort (for what it's worth).
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:04:44 GMT, "Lump" wrote:

She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

Oh, no! I'm so terribly sorry. I never expected this. You must be beside
yourself with grief.

You were a wonderful, adoring mother to Madeleine. She must have loved you
very much and I'm certain she had a full and happy life with you. Please
try to hold onto that.

I burst into tears when I read your post. I know how much you loved her
and my heart is broken for you. You are both in my thoughts.

--
Lynne
Old February 2nd 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lump" wrote in message
oups.com...
She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

Oh, no. I'm so sorry. She could not have had better care. She was one loved
little girl.

Old February 2nd 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
hantayo

"Lump" wrote in message
oups.com...
She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

Oh my God - I'm so very sorry. I was so hoping that Madeleine would be
okay. This is heart breaking news & I'm just so sorry. I just lost my 15 yr
old Toma girl, to CRF, so I do truly understand how you are feeling. But
please know that you did all that you could do & Madeleine knew that you
loved her - I know she did. Once again - I'm sorry for your loss of your
furbaby....
Kathy & Toma girl in spirit. ^.,.^
--
Toma girl's dedication web page:
http://showcase.netins.net/web/mothe...ky/toma8k.html

Old February 2nd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:04:44 -0800, Lump wrote:

She died last night by my side. I think she went peacefully. I love
her forever.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have been following the story. You did your
utmost for her. And, you gave her a good, secure life, happy in the
knowledge that she was loved. That really counts for something.

Charlie
Old February 3rd 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Linda Frazo

I am very sorry. I have been following this story and I know how you feel. I
lost Sasha Oct. 13 from CRF and I am still reeling from the loss. She also
slept by my side the 2 nights before she past as if she knew it would be our
last. I think she also knew how hard it was going to be for me so she waited
until I went to work to pass. At least you were with her and she went
peacefully. Remember you will meet again. Its the only hope that keeps me
going.

oups.com...

Old February 3rd 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lump

I can't tell you what it means to have found such caring people.

I should have known to seek a cat newsgroup a long time ago.

I think i'm going to be out of it for a while but when i am back to my
senses, i won't forget this place and will come back to read. I might
even be able to offer some kind of help to someone, i'm not sure what,
though.

Bless you all.