Prozac instead of Elavil, more frustrations

Old May 26th 05, 07:37 PM
Mary

"Catnipped" wrote
Nope, hot as hell. Since Saturday we've been getting 95F here! Makes
riding my 10 miles on my bike torture!

You are a better woman than I. If I stood in Houston direct
sunlight--just *stood* there for half an hour I saw spots.

Old May 26th 05, 07:38 PM
Mary

"Janet B" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:33:09 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

But eventually she will want to go in the box because she does not like
walking in pee and cleaning pee off her feet.

A 12 X 16 foot utility room is just the thing. Until you have tried
this for a month or more you have not given retraining by
confinement adequate effort. Period.

how do you think a 7# cat can't avoid stepping in urine in a 12' x 16'
room? Unless I never cleaned it up of course. Maybe a little
spacial education is in order.......

You are splitting hairs because you don't want to confine her.
But that is what you need to do. It works.

Old May 26th 05, 07:40 PM
Philip

Janet B wrote:
On 26 May 2005 10:53:18 -0700, wrote:

"Slugging it out with Janet"? How so? And how is Janet in deep
denial? You know, this one takes the cake. Nobody will *ever* accuse
me of supporting Janet because she's my best friend--we have
disagreed vehemently in the past. But you're being totally unfair.
She is NOT in "deep denial about her kitty pee". This woman sounds
like she's tried everything under the sun and is desperate to help
that cat. That is NOT denial.

You ARE a troll. Maybe not in the literal sense, but your posts are
*all* calculated and orchestrated to disrupt, inflame, and anger
people you don't like.
Sherry

Thanks Sherry. We don't all have to agree (or even avoid vehementely
disagreeing!) to see honesty. I don't quite understand Mary's wrath.
I'm trying to do everything humanly possible to solve this problem AND
give Carey quality of life. Since this is not the only issue she has,
as I've said in other posts, it's not as simple as people like Mary
would like to believe, and people like Phillip have insane "solutions"
for.

Carey was born 2 days after the rest of her litter. I should have
know she would be a little weirdo! A wonderful little weirdo, but one
just the same. ;-D

The insanity is in failing to realize when you have exhausted all
posibilities. You speak loosely of "quality of life"... I do not see having
my home polluted by a fercockt feline as a life enhancing experience
overall. But you do. No wonder you have no carpet in your home.

Old May 26th 05, 07:41 PM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
nk.net...
Janet B wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:28:25 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

The cat has overstayed its welcome and you've wasted a lot of money
that should have been spent on your family. Enough already. Cat
goes in the BBQ. Cook until vanished.

See ya - welcome to my killfile.

Janet ... what example are you setting for your kids by putting up with

this
furry **** bag cat?

An example you could never set for yours--dedicated, bighearted,
generous love. That you do not just abandon a loved one because they
are inconvenient. I hope your kids dump you when you start peeing yourself.
Or has that already happened?

You've done everything short of catheterization. Oh
look! CAT-heterization! LOL There's your next solution!

Old May 26th 05, 07:52 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:28:07 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

What does a timed feeder have to do with medication?

Ease and simplicity.

Well, I bought it for when I traveled overnight but for the past 3
years, if we take the dogs, we still have a petsitter who comes and
stays overnight, so I gave the thing away. We still had a petsitter
before that, but she didn't stay overnight, and only came once a day.
Since Carey had to go on meds (with her physical failure 3 years ago),
that changed.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 26th 05, 07:52 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:07:32 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

Nope - usually she's "looking" for us (even though we're far from
hiding!! These days, it's when she wakes up, almost like she's
disoriented.

I wonder why? Ever been on Elavil?

She did that well before the Elavil. She STOPPED doing it while in
Elavil.

Old May 26th 05, 07:57 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:41:07 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

An example you could never set for yours--dedicated, bighearted,
generous love. That you do not just abandon a loved one because they
are inconvenient. I hope your kids dump you when you start peeing yourself.
Or has that already happened?

Since I KF'd Phillip, I hadn't seen this. But thank you Mary. I am
dedicated to her. I've been told by many people that they wouldn't be
doing all of this. Only they have no reasonable alternatives of
course, so it's easy for them to say! Abandonment is not an option.

Old May 26th 05, 08:04 PM
Mary

"Janet B" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:41:07 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

An example you could never set for yours--dedicated, bighearted,
generous love. That you do not just abandon a loved one because they
are inconvenient. I hope your kids dump you when you start peeing

yourself.
Or has that already happened?

Since I KF'd Phillip, I hadn't seen this. But thank you Mary. I am
dedicated to her. I've been told by many people that they wouldn't be
doing all of this. Only they have no reasonable alternatives of
course, so it's easy for them to say! Abandonment is not an option.

Janet--I can tell how much you love her. And, though I love a good
debate, I honestly was never blasting you for resorting to drugs. I would
indeed use them on my cats if I needed to. The rest of the discussion was
just that--a debate. (Although, when I get frustrated I do get
nasty--sorry.)
Because you are so dedicated to her, just please consider, if the prozac
does not work, giving confinement another shot.

They really are creatures of habit, and I really do think she would rather
not live in a room with pee on the floor and so would eventually quit it.
I wish you the best. It is very hard when the choice is, keep your
beloved and live with filth, or abandon your beloved.

Old May 26th 05, 08:08 PM

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISAGREE, Catpoop!

Hi there, how are you today?

That's CatCrapped, please! ; I'm doing great, just in my bunker
waiting
for the bombardment that's sure to follow this post!

Is that why you posted it? Becuase you enjoy the "bombardment"?

Okay. Above, you are responding to Catnipped.

I get it now. Catnipped posted a private e-mail accidentally. No wonder
the attributions didn't make sense.

Sherry

Old May 26th 05, 08:12 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISAGREE, Catpoop!

Hi there, how are you today?

That's CatCrapped, please! ; I'm doing great, just in my

bunker
waiting
for the bombardment that's sure to follow this post!

Is that why you posted it? Becuase you enjoy the "bombardment"?

Okay. Above, you are responding to Catnipped.

I get it now. Catnipped posted a private e-mail accidentally. No wonder
the attributions didn't make sense.

Sherry

Sherry. You posted in response to my answer to CN, then addressed each of us
at different times. Since you just last week accused her of saying things
she never said, but I DID say I thought maybe you were confused again. Do
you know who you were addressing? I think I do, but I am honestly not sure.

Elavil dosage for inappropriate urination Janet B Cat health & behaviour 6 April 16th 05 06:17 PM
Kitty Prozac Laura M Cat health & behaviour 14 July 22nd 04 07:13 PM
Prozac teri Cat health & behaviour 29 June 16th 04 12:27 PM
Medicating male sprayer Rick & Bob Cat health & behaviour 69 September 30th 03 04:05 AM
Help Tanada Cat anecdotes 21 September 1st 03 08:43 AM