Vet Tech Journals: I'm such a sucker

Old June 14th 05, 05:13 AM
Mischief

Default Vet Tech Journals: I'm such a sucker

Yes, I'm such a sucker.

She's a small gray and white DLH, and she's been hanging around the
apartment building, mainly in the garage. My roomie and I have seen
her but she always ran away whenever I got closer to get a better look.

Well...........

She was on the wall outside my apartment building tonight crying, and
Mischief was going nuts. she was all poofy and her tail was all puffed
out I finally took pity on her and went out and laid out a little bit
of food. When I came back inside and looked out the window, she was
still crying and the food was gone. Okaaaaaayy

So I head out again, and my roomie says, "You're caught, aren't you?"
I sit there and I'm meowing back at the cat and laying out more food.
She was quite hungry and was scarfing it down. She managed to get
close enough and I suddenly scruffed her and quickly ran back inside.
I ran past my roomie, not stopping to comment on her open-mouthed look

I took the cat into the bathroom and set her down. She started crying
a lot but eventually quieted down. My roomie got me my stethescope and
vet tech bag and I gave her a physical exam. From my POV she seems
pretty healthy. Her eyes, nose and mouth look fine. She has all her
teeth and could probably use a dental. Her ears a little dirty, but no
obvious signs of mites. Her coat is a little on the thin side on her
back, but no sides of dermititis or flea dirt. She could use a bath,
though. She's a little on the thin side, maybe about 8 pounds, and I
can feel her ribs and hips, but she's not completely skin and bones.

She's now in my bathtub with the shower doors shut. She lying on a
towel and I set out a bowl of water, bowl of food and even a small lid
with Catsip milk in it. She's is quite scared but at least she stopped
howling. But everytime I peek in to check on her, she starts meowing
pitifully. I know she wants to go back outside. "Please let me out!!
I don't wanna be here, I'm scared!!"

I surmise that she's been outside for a long time guessing her from
voracious appetite. She has all her claws, and is skittish. But not
so skittish in that I think she's feral. If she was feral, I wouldn't
have been able to get a hand on her. I can scritch her head and chin
and she doesn't try to get away.

*SIGH* Yes, I'm a sucker. I'm avoiding naming this cat. My roomie
was laughing and giving my dirty looks at the same time.

"I can't believe you caught her. Are we going to go through this
again?"

"Alright," I said, "Answer me this then. Isn't she cute?"

Oooooo if looks could kills, I would have died on the spot.

I'm going to call work tomorrow and see if I can bring her in to get a
checkup and to see if she's microchipped. Maybe someone will want to
adopt her. I know Tosha and Justin work with an animal rescue. And
since Pete our hospital cat recently went home with my supervisor's
boyfriend, we are currently without a hospital cat.

here's the strange thing though....

Mischief has been unexpectantly quiet throughout this whole thing. I
don't think she got a good look, but I bet she can smell this intruder.
But she's not hissing, yowling or anything. How odd.....

I've posted a pic of her here

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...37.jpg&.src=ph

She seems to be such a sweetheart. I know she's scared, and I wish I
could explain to her that I"m trying to help.

My first instinct is to keep her, but she is kinda talkative and it
probably would be a good idea to try to find another place that allows
cats. Technically, I've been given special permission by the owner to
have ONE cat, namely Mischief. He doesn't know about Imp, and if I
brought a third cat I definitely would be taking a risk.

Well, enough for now, first lets see how she does during the night.

Wish me luck and send purrs for this little one.

Kristi

Old June 14th 05, 06:26 AM
Mischief

Now, when I go into the bathroom, she'll meow, but it's not out of
fear.

She wants to be scritched some more. She LOVES being scritched and is
now pushing into my hand with her head. I scratched her all over and
this time felt her tummy a little more firmly. I think I could feel a
spay scar, but i'm not sure.

She now will purr a little and she even chirped when I scritch her.
awwwwwwwww!!!

Mischief is leaving her alone, but when she jumps on my bed demanding
attention, her meows cause the stray to meow as well. Mischief will
meow in an attempt for me to give her more attention, and she actually
huffed a little in response to the cries from the bathroom.

I don't blame her being jealous. Not only did I not scare away this
intruder, I fed it and brought it inside. What a mean meowmie I am!

My roomie is staying away. She says if she doesn't pet it or touch the
stray she won't get attached. hehehehe

Me on the other hand, yeah I'm hooked a little, but I really can't have
another cat in this apartment. I made some flyers and will put them up
tomorrow.

Ah well, we'll see how she makes it through the night. i made a
litterbox for her, so lets see if she knows how to use one.

Kristi

Old June 14th 05, 11:43 AM
Norm

Mischief wrote:

Well, enough for now, first lets see how she does during the night.

Wish me luck and send purrs for this little one.

Good luck with her! She looks too good to have been on her own for
long, I agree, she also is definitely worried about her fate. They want
someone to help them but they're really really afraid of any change.
Blessings for caring. Norm

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole
Old June 14th 05, 12:26 PM
SuzQ

Purrs sent. She looks really miffed in the pic.
Suz&Spicey

Old June 14th 05, 12:34 PM
Karen

in article , Mischief
at

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...=1037.jpg&.src
=ph

She seems to be such a sweetheart. I know she's scared, and I wish I
could explain to her that I"m trying to help.

My first instinct is to keep her, but she is kinda talkative and it
probably would be a good idea to try to find another place that allows
cats. Technically, I've been given special permission by the owner to
have ONE cat, namely Mischief. He doesn't know about Imp, and if I
brought a third cat I definitely would be taking a risk.

Well, enough for now, first lets see how she does during the night.

Wish me luck and send purrs for this little one.

Kristi

Oh she is so PRETTY!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted.

Old June 14th 05, 02:16 PM
Fritti Fritti is offline
Member

Location: The Netherlands
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief
I've posted a pic of her here

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...37.jpg&.src=ph

She seems to be such a sweetheart. I know she's scared, and I wish I
could explain to her that I"m trying to help.
Wish me luck and send purrs for this little one.
Kristi
Ooohh, she's so CUTE! If I weren't on the other side of the ocean, -I'd- adopt her! There's 12 here already, what would another one matter? The more the merrier! Anyways, all 12 of'em down here send their purrs for your cute rescue, even little Reverse who's only 5 weeks old.
Fritti and his gang.
Old June 14th 05, 02:46 PM
W. Leong

What a cutie! Don't think you have any problem getting her adopted
if she doesn't already have a slave.

Winnie

oups.com...

Old June 14th 05, 04:28 PM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
Yes, I'm such a sucker.

She's a small gray and white DLH, and she's been hanging around the
apartment building, mainly in the garage. My roomie and I have seen
her but she always ran away whenever I got closer to get a better
look.

(snippage)
I've posted a pic of her here

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...37.jpg&.src=ph

She seems to be such a sweetheart. I know she's scared, and I wish I
could explain to her that I"m trying to help.

My first instinct is to keep her, but she is kinda talkative and it
probably would be a good idea to try to find another place that allows
cats. Technically, I've been given special permission by the owner to
have ONE cat, namely Mischief. He doesn't know about Imp, and if I
brought a third cat I definitely would be taking a risk.

Now you sound like Steve Touchstone with Spot!

Well, enough for now, first lets see how she does during the night.

Wish me luck and send purrs for this little one.

Kristi

Purrs on the way. She's absolutely adorable.

Jill

Old June 14th 05, 04:53 PM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
Yes, I'm such a sucker.

snip
I'm going to call work tomorrow and see if I can bring her in to get a
checkup and to see if she's microchipped. Maybe someone will want to
adopt her. I know Tosha and Justin work with an animal rescue. And
since Pete our hospital cat recently went home with my supervisor's
boyfriend, we are currently without a hospital cat.

here's the strange thing though....

Mischief has been unexpectantly quiet throughout this whole thing. I
don't think she got a good look, but I bet she can smell this
intruder. But she's not hissing, yowling or anything. How odd.....

I've posted a pic of her here

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...37.jpg&.src=ph

She's very pretty. Purrs that she finds a home, whether it's her
original home or a new one.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 14th 05, 06:53 PM
Mischief

Well she made it through the night, but she kept me up with her crying.
I think she wants out of the tub. She was meowing up a storm a lot
last night because Imp and Mischief were taking turns going into the
bathroom and trying to get a better look or sniff. I had to shut the
bathroom door it was so bad.

I've been scritching her and I've been finding flea dirt and a few
thin/bald patches on her back and tail. I'm wondering if they are from
flea allergies or something. Ah well...... She used the litter box
and she had quite an appetite this morning.

I've made some flyers with her picture and I'm going to put them up
before I go into work. I plan on having one of the doctors give her a
good looking over, probably give her a vaccine too. Then I'll take a
fecal sample, which she will just LOVE and I'd like to give her a bath
too. She might not be too happy with me by the time the day is out.

Kristi