Milo has gone AWOL

Old July 7th 04, 10:12 PM
Takayuki

"Adrian" wrote:

I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.

Oh no! Purrs that he finds his way home. I think there's a good
chance that he'll come back. 24 hours may be unusual for him, but
it's still short by being-lost standards, and we've had many cats on
RPCA get lost and come back after considerably longer periods than
that.

Old July 7th 04, 10:53 PM
Yoj

Purrs for Milo's quick and safe return. Have you checked with the local
shelter to see if he's been picked up? That does happen occasionally.

Pyewacket (rb) disappeared for several days once. My daughter went
around the block, knocking on every door. Toward the other end of the
block, she finally found a woman at home. The woman had been keeping
Pyewacket shut up in her garage. He was thin by nature, and she thought
he was sick, so was 'taking care of him'.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Adrian" wrote in message
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday

I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 7th 04, 11:24 PM
Sherry

Go-home-purrs for Milo. I know you're worried sick.
Be sure to "look low". I've always found cats under bushes. They never would
come out when I called them.

Sherry

Old July 7th 04, 11:25 PM
Pat

Excellent advice from Melissa. I concur. I would just add that the two times
not to miss calling around for him are dawn and dusk, that's when most cats
are awake and alert. In the daytime sometimes I can walk right up on mine
and yell at them, and they don't wake up. They also seem to have active
periods in the early afternoon and again in the wee hours, but if you can't
be out there all day or night, try the dawn/dusk strategy.

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

Another thing you might do is to walk around your yard/property and keep
calling Milo, maybe armed with his favorite treats. He could have gone
exploring, and become frightened or disoriented and unable to find his way
back. Your familiar voice calling his name could be an important guide for
him.

Old July 8th 04, 12:08 AM
David Stevenson

Adrian wrote
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday I'm
sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of the
neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling I'll
never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.

On my Catpage, there are two articles on this subject, namely:

Finding your Lost Cat

by Sharon Talbert, Seattle, WA, USA

with an addendum by Jenna Steele

http://blakjak.com/lost_cat.htm

Lost Cat Behaviour

by Kat Albrecht, Santa Cruz, California USA

http://blakjak.com/lost_ct1.htm

There are also links to a couple of other places. I hope that the
advice in these articles helps, and that you find your lost cat.

Both these articles are available as emails on request from me at
David Stevenson . Just ask for

Item 12: Finding your Lost Cat by Sharon Talbert
Item 13: Lost Cat Behaviour by Kat Albrecht

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome