Milo has gone AWOL

Old July 8th 04, 09:41 AM
Richard

Some people said things, and then:-
Pat added

Excellent advice from Melissa. I concur. I would just add that the two times
not to miss calling around for him are dawn and dusk, that's when most cats
are awake and alert. In the daytime sometimes I can walk right up on mine
and yell at them, and they don't wake up. They also seem to have active
periods in the early afternoon and again in the wee hours, but if you can't
be out there all day or night, try the dawn/dusk strategy.

AND feeding time!

All the cats I've ever had knew when feeding time was - to the MINUTE!

Sally, for instance, was fed right after Star Trek Voyager at 6:45. It
didn't matter what she was doing through the day, basking in the sun,
hunting in the woods, sleeping upstairs, finding some shade under a
tree, you know, all those myriad things a cat has to do in a day...

..one minute either side of 6:45 and she was home demanding to be fed.

[And yes, she's generally off by an hour when the clocks change but it
only takes her a week or so to adjust]

So there's a *very* good chance that your missing moggy will be feeling
hungry and casting around for its usual feeding dish at the usual times.

Even though the Star Trek has long since finished, so there are not even
any clues such as the closing music, Sally still sits in the middle of
the kitchen floor, or more usually, walks ahead of me leading me towards
her dish regardless of where I _thought_ I was going; at 6:45.

Richard, whose Squeaky Chair can be seen at www.squeaky.demon.co.uk

Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what
you want. [Joseph Wood Krutch]

Old July 8th 04, 03:10 PM
Adrian

Adrian wrote:
I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours, he was playing with Baggy in the
garden, then he vanished. Instead of celebrating his first birthday
I'm sitting here worried sick. I've made flyers and spoken to most of
the neighbours, will go round again this evening. I've got a feeling
I'll never see him again, please purr that I'm wrong.

A woman has just knocked at my door to tell me she saw Milo dead on the
side of the road Tuesday evening, the day he disappeared. I'm sitting
here in a state of shock, I've never lost a cat so young and Baggy has
lost his brother and playmate.

It was one year ago today that my Rosie went to the bridge.
--
Adrian (Crying)(Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 8th 04, 05:23 PM
Gandalf

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:58:05 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

I haven't seen Milo for 24 hours,

SNIP

What terrible news! I do hope Milo hasn't gotten too far away, or has been taken
in by a kindly stranger, who will see your flyers very soon!

Special purrs on the way!

~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
TC and the unmercifully, relentlessly sweet calico kitty, Kenzie.

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 8th 04, 06:11 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

A woman has just knocked at my door to tell me she saw Milo dead on the
side of the road Tuesday evening, the day he disappeared. I'm sitting
here in a state of shock, I've never lost a cat so young and Baggy has
lost his brother and playmate.

It was one year ago today that my Rosie went to the bridge.

Oh Adrian, I am so very, very sorry. What a rotten thing.
I'll light a candle in my window tonight, for Milo.

gentle *hugs* helen s

**$om $

Old July 8th 04, 06:14 PM
Karen

Oh Adrian, I'm SOOOO dreadfully sorry to hear this. Many hugs to you and
Baggy (((( What terrible news.

Karen

Old July 8th 04, 06:23 PM
Charleen Welton

Adrian, I am so very sorry to hear this news. Loving hugs to Snoopy and
Baggy and warm, comforting hugs to you. May your memories bring you peace
and happines when you need them the most.

Charleen