Something amusing for a change

Old October 28th 04, 11:34 AM
Marina

Default Something amusing for a change

I was sitting at my kitchen table, proofreading a PhD thesis (can't work
at my disk, because it's full of the old computer monitor and piles of
books and papers . I didn't realise that Nikki was sitting by my feet
until I moved one foot, nudged her and she squealed. I apologised
profusely and made a fuss over her for a while, then went back to my
work. A moment later, I moved my foot. Nikki squealed, but she was
sitting way over to the side of the table, nowhere near my foot. I think
she was saying, Hey! Watch it! I *could* have been sitting there!"

It seems I am not allowed to move my feet around here at all. Let's see
you get your food bowls filled or your litterboxes cleaned, then.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old October 28th 04, 07:15 PM
Bill Stock

"Marina" wrote in message
I was sitting at my kitchen table, proofreading a PhD thesis (can't work
at my disk, because it's full of the old computer monitor and piles of
books and papers . I didn't realise that Nikki was sitting by my feet
until I moved one foot, nudged her and she squealed. I apologised
profusely and made a fuss over her for a while, then went back to my
work. A moment later, I moved my foot. Nikki squealed, but she was
sitting way over to the side of the table, nowhere near my foot. I think
she was saying, Hey! Watch it! I *could* have been sitting there!"

Not really related, but still somewhat amusing.

I walked up to Smokey last week to pet her and she bolted off. So I was
thinking to myself, WTF has her upset now. Smokey is not normally skittish
at all (around me anyway). So I slowly walked up to her again and she took
off again. OK, I thought, one more try and then I'll leave her to sort it
out. So I slowly approached her, talking to her the whole time and this time
she mrrrowed and bolted off again. I finally realized that she was just
playing Silly Bugger and wanted me to chase her. This was the first time she
had done this. Cali used to love to play chase in her younger days, even
though she is the nervous one.

There may be hope for Smoke's brain power yet.

Old October 29th 04, 04:13 AM
Bill Stock

"Marina" wrote in message
I was sitting at my kitchen table, proofreading a PhD thesis (can't work
at my disk, because it's full of the old computer monitor and piles of
books and papers . I didn't realise that Nikki was sitting by my feet
until I moved one foot, nudged her and she squealed. I apologised
profusely and made a fuss over her for a while, then went back to my
work. A moment later, I moved my foot. Nikki squealed, but she was
sitting way over to the side of the table, nowhere near my foot. I think
she was saying, Hey! Watch it! I *could* have been sitting there!"

This is a repost, so excuse if it shows up twice.

Old October 29th 04, 04:55 AM
Marina

Bill Stock wrote:

Not really related, but still somewhat amusing.

I walked up to Smokey last week to pet her and she bolted off. So I was
thinking to myself, WTF has her upset now. Smokey is not normally skittish
at all (around me anyway). So I slowly walked up to her again and she took
off again. OK, I thought, one more try and then I'll leave her to sort it
out. So I slowly approached her, talking to her the whole time and this time
she mrrrowed and bolted off again. I finally realized that she was just
playing Silly Bugger and wanted me to chase her. This was the first time she
had done this. Cali used to love to play chase in her younger days, even
though she is the nervous one.

There may be hope for Smoke's brain power yet.

Aww! Frank plays that way, too. Nikki doesn't like to be chased. She
just freezes and stares at me in shock if I try to chase her. It's OK if
Frank chases her, though. In fact she invites it. On the island, she
will go and annoy one of the other cats, then she will run and hide
behind Frank's back and let him deal with the annoyed cat.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki