One less mouse

Old September 29th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default One less mouse

Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a mouse
in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.

Old September 30th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On 29 Sep 2010 17:40:46 GMT, KenK wrote:

Emily, the mighty huntress, caught(?) her first mouse (that I know of) at
age 15 yesterday at 3AM. I hope she caught it and didn't find a dead
mouse. Got out of my bed to visit her litter pan and came back with a mouse
in her mouth. Pandemonium for about an hour. She finally ate it - all but
the head. Hope she doesn't catch a disease or get a parasite. And digests
it ok (two normal BMs since). Oh well, she had a lot of fun.

We VERY rarely have a mouse in the house, three in 15 years, but it is
certainly a treat when it happens. If I didn't think that they're cute
I would get a few to release just so the cats get some exercise.

That's when I get very happy that I'm far bigger than a cat. They are
such awesome killers and so sadistic. It isn't enough to kill a mouse,
no, you must play with it and toss it in the air a few times.
Old October 1st 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

My B-K (found in a Burger King parking lot) loves to catch mice and other
little critters, and bring them in the house where the other cats (4 others)
will play with them. I usually hear the commotion, and catch their toy and
let it out....:^)

Old October 1st 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:17 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

A few months back I posted in another group about the possum
explosion. I glnaced into the hallway and saw Espy and Nipsy starring
at something on the floor between them. Turned out that it was a baby
possum. It looked dead so I picked it up with a piece of paper towel
and it was quite alive. So I liberated it into the neighbors yard.
There were several more baby possum incidents that day. Apparently a
mother had let them loose near my backyard and the cats kept finding
them, and I kept rescuing them.
Old October 2nd 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"dgk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:17 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I think the possum's tactic of playing dead works very well against domestic
cats. They aren't likely to eat them, so when they "die", they lose interest
in them. We have several of them who come up on our porch at night to eat
the raccoon's dog food, and I have yet to find a dead one.....

Old October 6th 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AnnMarie

Hope you took him or her to the vet. Eating a rodent they can catch
anything... My cat ate a live bird and he caught (I call them tummy
bugs). Yuck!!!

A Mouse in my Bed! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 13 December 15th 09 08:10 PM
Panic Mouse Undercover Mouse - Does this product really work? chatnoir Cat health & behaviour 4 July 11th 09 08:43 PM
my new mouse pad Pat Cat anecdotes 7 June 24th 06 03:51 PM
Mouse Bev Cat anecdotes 43 September 30th 04 05:32 AM