Cats & grass

Old March 29th 11, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kathy[_4_]

Default Cats & grass

Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

Old March 29th 11, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

Kathy wrote:
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

That is its purpose: Clears out their stomach of hairballs.
Old March 29th 11, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

That's why they eat it.... In order to throw up. When they want to get rid
of hair balls, or otherwise feel sick and need to throw up, they eat grass.
They can't go to the drug store and get Ipakak.....

Old March 31st 11, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Kathy" wrote in message
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

It helps them get rid of hairballs. The grass moves the hairball down to
the litterpan or upchucked on your floor. I give me cats fresh sod from
the yard all the time.

Old March 31st 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:33:25 -0500, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"Kathy" wrote in message
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

It helps them get rid of hairballs. The grass moves the hairball down to
the litterpan or upchucked on your floor. I give me cats fresh sod from
the yard all the time.

And it sure works. I often let my cats go out in the yard (fenced in)
and sometimes they come in and I find a hairball mixed with fresh
grass. I just wish they'd get rid of it while they were still outside.
Old April 9th 11, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gz

On Mar 28, 9:35*pm, Kathy wrote:
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

I grow grass indoors for them, and it's rare for them to throw u p.
They eat it daily.
Old April 13th 11, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gz

On Mar 29, 12:56*am, MLB wrote:
Kathy wrote:
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

That is its purpose: *Clears out their stomach of hairballs.

I think they might sense when to overeat the grass and throw.

Mine will eat some every day but rarely throw.
Just live plant food. I'm sure dry cat food has veggies.

Greg
Old April 13th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Gz wrote:
On Mar 29, 12:56 am, MLB wrote:
Kathy wrote:
Why do cats eat grass only to throw it up?

That is its purpose: Clears out their stomach of hairballs.

I think they might sense when to overeat the grass and throw.

Mine will eat some every day but rarely throw.
Just live plant food. I'm sure dry cat food has veggies.

Greg

We used to have one that loved an articholke plant. As soon as it would get
6 or 8 inches tall, she would eat it back to ground level....:^)

Cats eating grass Camilla Cracchiolo Cat health & behaviour 11 June 4th 05 07:59 AM
Why do cats chew grass? sarah Cat health & behaviour 10 January 19th 05 07:54 PM
Cat grass sarah Cat health & behaviour 2 December 16th 04 05:47 PM
Sea Grass Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs Cat health & behaviour 2 September 24th 04 01:22 AM
Cat and cat grass Paul O. Cat health & behaviour 29 September 20th 04 11:11 PM