Fresh Step Natural Scoop, the dust returns

Old July 10th 11, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Fresh Step Natural Scoop, the dust returns

I will probably go back to the Arm and Hammer.

And I have. It might be more difficult to use, but I don't like my
cats breathing dust.
Old July 10th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_4_]

On 07/10/2011 02:31 PM, John Doe wrote:
I will probably go back to the Arm and Hammer.

And I have. It might be more difficult to use, but I don't like my
cats breathing dust.

I used A&H for many years but finally got tired of its dust. I changed
to Fresh Strp and my cat was very allergic to it and it was dusty too.
I now use World's Best Litter and though it is ezxpensive, It does the
job. This is NOT a sales tactic and I am not connected to pet supplies
-- just my observation and experience. MLB
Old July 14th 11, 08:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

MLB MLB nonesuch.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I will probably go back to the Arm and Hammer.

And I have. It might be more difficult to use, but I don't like
my cats breathing dust.

I used A&H for many years but finally got tired of its dust.

I was talking about Arm & Hammer Essentials, not their clay
litter. Essentials is not dusty like clay litter or Fresh Step
Natural Scoop.

Old July 14th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On 14 Jul 2011 07:03:59 GMT, John Doe wrote:

MLB MLB nonesuch.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I will probably go back to the Arm and Hammer.

And I have. It might be more difficult to use, but I don't like
my cats breathing dust.

I used A&H for many years but finally got tired of its dust.

I was talking about Arm & Hammer Essentials, not their clay
litter. Essentials is not dusty like clay litter or Fresh Step
Natural Scoop.

I use Essentials as well. My experience is that it is not as good as
clay litter for odor control and needs to be cleaned often, but the
lack of dust is more than enough to offset those issues. Since I leave
that litterbox in a room where I use computers, I don't want the dust
getting into the computers and everywhere else. Nor do I want the cats
(or humans) breathing that dust.

I also have a Litter Robot (NOT a LitterMaid), and that does a great
job even using clay litter. It slowly rotates to get rid of the waste
and moves slowly enough that the litter doesn't seem to generate the
dust. I have both so that the cats have a choice.

Actually I have a third litterbox - the Breeze system. That has some
sort of hard pellets that the cat pees/poops into. The urine falls
into an absorbing gauze-type pad in a slideout tray. The poop stays
behind and can be removed using a scoop that lets the pellets fall
through. It was ignored for two years, then one cat started peeing in
it. Yesterday I saw that someone pooped! I'd best replace all of the
Essential litter. It must be going bad.
Old July 18th 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

dgk dgk somewhere.com wrote:

I use Essentials as well. My experience is that it is not as
good as clay litter for odor control and needs to be cleaned
often,

Yup. I would say it does not clump well either, but urine clumps
okay. The poop doesn't grab litter, so it might separate and roll
around easier.

but the lack of dust is more than enough to offset those issues.

Yup. We need to avoid dust. I just cannot see adding dust to our
environment. I am really impressed by how fast the Natural Scoop
added dust to the area.

Yesterday I saw that someone pooped! I'd best replace all of the
Essential litter. It must be going bad.

Well, it served another purpose.

It just doen't clean well, but IMO dust sucks worse, and it's
lighter than clay litter. Using a huge poop scoop helps.