My poor kitty

Old July 31st 11, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nobody

Default My poor kitty

My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
condition?
Old August 1st 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:03:53 -0400, NoBody wrote:

My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
condition?

I know nothing about it but offer purrs. Let us know how he is.
Old August 2nd 11, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nobody

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:06:07 -0400, dgk wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:03:53 -0400, NoBody wrote:

My nine year old tan and white guy is currently at the emergency vet.
He started vomiting yesterday after eating and became somewhat
listless. We took him at 2am because he wasn't holding anything down.
Bloodwork came back ok except for slightly decreased white blood cell
count. Xrays indicated no obstructions and *maybe* some fluid in the
chest. The vet suggested we might be looking at pancreatitis and we
have elected to do supportive care for now at the hospital to see how
he progresses. No vomiting since 2am but no food either. They will
try feeding hiim later and see how it goes. Any suggestions on how to
best treat pancreatiis and any other possibilities of the cause of his
condition?

I know nothing about it but offer purrs. Let us know how he is.

He's home and slowly improving but no definitive diagnosis. Put him
on Baytril and he improved. No one knows what to make of it. Now his
sister seems a bit "off" but I can't tell if I'm just being paranoid
based on this weekend.
Old August 2nd 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene[_2_]

I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00114.htm

You may want to print out a copy for your vet.

The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
Variety).

You may email me if you want more information.

Rene
Old August 3rd 11, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nobody

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 06:54:56 -0700 (PDT), Rene
wrote:

I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00114.htm

You may want to print out a copy for your vet.

The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
Variety).

You may email me if you want more information.

Rene

My regular vet on Monday ran a test that he said was pretty definitive
in diagnosing pancreatitis. It came out negative...which is
good...but what the heck happened? He is about 80% back to normal at
this point on the antibiotic. Thanks for your support!
Old August 3rd 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_4_]

wrote:

I'm sorry you (and he!) are going through this. Our oldest cat,
Tucker, has had pancreatitis. Here is a great article you should read:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00114.htm

You may want to print out a copy for your vet.

The KEYS to treatment are pain control and fluids. Both are very
important. Get a bag of sub cutaneous fluids, some 18 gauge needles,
and give him fluids every day at home. You will also want to feed him
a grain-free wet diet (something like Evo, Wellness, Nature's
Variety).

You may email me if you want more information.

Rene

My regular vet on Monday ran a test that he said was pretty definitive
in diagnosing pancreatitis. It came out negative...which is
good...but what the heck happened? He is about 80% back to normal at
this point on the antibiotic. Thanks for your support!

Sending get well uickly purrs and prayers. TuTu

A poor kitty am I rafflescat Cat community 15 January 31st 11 12:32 AM
funny pictu that poor poor kitty Nadia N. Cat anecdotes 11 June 1st 08 06:17 AM
Poor kitty Matthew Cat anecdotes 1 July 6th 07 12:35 PM
What Have I Done to my Poor Kitty? Ruby Tuesday Cat health & behaviour 44 September 28th 04 11:16 PM
Poor NZ kitty!!! Karen Cat anecdotes 4 April 3rd 04 09:41 PM