She Bit Me!

Old May 31st 12, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default She Bit Me!

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Jill

Old May 31st 12, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with
being shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the
vet.) I really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and
I wanted to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand.
OUCH!

Boyfie does not like to picked up either for the same reason. He would not
bite me though, he does not ever bite or scratch his meowmie. He prefers to
faint if he thinks he might need to bite.
Hope your hand recovers soon.
Tweed

Old May 31st 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with
being shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the
vet.) I really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute
and I wanted to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my
hand. OUCH!

Jill

Melisande has taken to doing that to me, when she's cuddling on my lap.
I think they start as "love bites", but if I don't move my hand/arm
away immediately, she keeps biting down harder and harder until she
draws blood!
Old May 31st 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Yikes, sweet little Persia bit you? Is it the end of civilization?

Occasionally I pick up Roxy just to hold her. She usually puts her front
paws on my chest and pushes against me as hard as she can, so she's leaning
back away from me. And she usually looks shocked and a bit disgusted, as
though thinking, "What are you *DOING*? We don't do this sort of thing
around here!" I always know that's going to happen when I pick her up, but
sometimes I just can't resist.

The other night I suddenly got the urge to pick up Licky - like Persia,
he just looked so cute and was in a very friendly, purry, cuddly mood.
I barely had him 3 inches above where he'd been sitting when he suddenly
turned into a greased pig and was *gone*. However, he did get over it
pretty quickly, which was impressive itself.

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old May 31st 12, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with
being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I
wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Yikes, sweet little Persia bit you? Is it the end of civilization?

Apparently so! I think she's getting grouchy in her senior years. What can
I say, so am I.

Occasionally I pick up Roxy just to hold her. She usually puts her front
paws on my chest and pushes against me as hard as she can, so she's
leaning
back away from me. And she usually looks shocked and a bit disgusted, as
though thinking, "What are you *DOING*? We don't do this sort of thing
around here!" I always know that's going to happen when I pick her up, but
sometimes I just can't resist.

Exactly! Persia just looked so soft and fluffy I wanted to hold her.
Unfortunately she didn't just push away from my chest. She can be quite
aggressive when she wants to be (like when she sees another cat). She just
isn't usually aggressive towards ME. That took me by surprise.

The other night I suddenly got the urge to pick up Licky - like Persia,
he just looked so cute and was in a very friendly, purry, cuddly mood.

They do get that look sometimes

Old May 31st 12, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 31 May 2012 10:50:31 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Ow! Does she like being held? Because I've heard of some cats that object
to being picked up, but actually like being held. Maybe if you kneel down
and just sort of "gather" her into your arms, she'd find that less jarring.

Buster's a bit like that. He sometimes gets a bit panicky when picked up, I
think because he doesn't like having his legs unsupported. He's kicked me
in the chest before, in his struggle to find a foothold. He likes being
held though.
Old June 1st 12, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Ow! Does she like being held? Because I've heard of some cats that object
to being picked up, but actually like being held. Maybe if you kneel down
and just sort of "gather" her into your arms, she'd find that less jarring.

Buster's a bit like that. He sometimes gets a bit panicky when picked up, I
think because he doesn't like having his legs unsupported. He's kicked me
in the chest before, in his struggle to find a foothold. He likes being
held though.

Could you hold him in such a way that you do support his legs? I pick up
Roxy when I'm actually carrying her someplace (she doesn't seem to mind
that as much), and I usually have one of my arms around her back and the
other under her butt. Her upper body is over my shoulder and her legs are
against my torso. That seems to give every part of her something to rest
on/against.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old June 1st 12, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 31 May 2012 23:04:33 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

Buster's a bit like that. He sometimes gets a bit panicky when picked up, I
think because he doesn't like having his legs unsupported. He's kicked me
in the chest before, in his struggle to find a foothold. He likes being
held though.

Could you hold him in such a way that you do support his legs? I pick up
Roxy when I'm actually carrying her someplace (she doesn't seem to mind
that as much), and I usually have one of my arms around her back and the
other under her butt. Her upper body is over my shoulder and her legs are
against my torso. That seems to give every part of her something to rest
on/against.

When he's held, his legs are supported. When he's being picked up though, I
typically have one hand under each armpit, and his back legs are dangling.

However, I do have other pick-up techniques in my repertoire. I can pick
him up by putting one hand behind his back legs, and one hand in front of
his front legs. I can push him down on his side, then slide him up one of
my arms. I can kneel down low to his level, and stand him up with his front
paws against my shoulder.
Old June 2nd 12, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 5/31/2012 6:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Thursday night, while watching TV, Weeble on one side, Ping on the
other, Bam-Bam on the other end of the sofa, Moe & Lizzie behind me on
the back of the sofa & my feet propped up on an ottoman... I was
surprised by ultra-shy, super-timid BETTY hopping up on my lap to be
near her Unka Ping! By the time I realized that it was her, she had
realized she was ON MY LAP (Oh, the HORROR!!!!!), and hopped off again.
She had earlier been up on the arm of the sofa and accepted some
skiritchies and did elevator-butt, and that was enough for her. Her Tiny
little luvvin-meter was on overflow!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 2nd 12, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Aww - what a supreme moment to have such a shy girl on your lap. It will
happen again if no big deal is made about it (I daren't move an inch one day
when Boyfie got on my lap for the first time, now I can't keep him off it
;-)

Tweed