Sleeping at my Feet

Old December 31st 13, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Sleeping at my Feet

Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the
end of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that.
I'm glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her
off the bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping spots?

Jill
Old December 31st 13, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the end
of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that. I'm
glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her off the
bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping
spots?

Jill

Yup. Agatha (smaller sister of Edgar) sleeps in her own bed in our bedroom,
spending half the night doing her nails (or so it sounds).

Edgar (bigger brother of Agatha, same litter) used to sleep next to my wife.
Lately he has become clingy, and insists on lying curled into me when I am
reading in bed. All attempts to send him back to my wife's bed are futile.
He goes over, sniffs, and comes back to my bed. When I turn the light off he
gets off the bed, goes to have a snack, and comes back to my wife's side,
where he sleeps until morning.

Jay

Old December 31st 13, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/31/2013 12:01 PM, JJ wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the end
of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that. I'm
glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her off the
bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping
spots?

Jill

Yup. Agatha (smaller sister of Edgar) sleeps in her own bed in our bedroom,
spending half the night doing her nails (or so it sounds).

LOL She's a princess. Must have her own bed.

Edgar (bigger brother of Agatha, same litter) used to sleep next to my wife.
Lately he has become clingy, and insists on lying curled into me when I am
reading in bed. All attempts to send him back to my wife's bed are futile.
He goes over, sniffs, and comes back to my bed. When I turn the light off he
gets off the bed, goes to have a snack, and comes back to my wife's side,
where he sleeps until morning.

Jay

Edgar sounds clever! Hmmm, do I want to be with the human who is awake
and might give me scritches while he's reading? Or the human who is
asleep and won't pet me? I'm not ready to go to sleep yet, even if I
pretend I am.

Persia usually has a snack right after I turn the light off. I hear her
crunching. Then she'll go to the litterbox. I keep a nightlight
burning by the bathroom sink so she (and I!) can see if we need to get
up. Sometimes she doesn't join me immediately. Then as I'm drifting
off to sleep she comes up the pet-steps and whomp! onto the mattress.
She startles me. LOL I pet her and say "sleepybye". She curls into me
and at least pretends to sleep. She's comfortable, that's for sure. I
love having her sleep next to me.

The only time she gets on the other side of the bed is when she wants to
wake me up in the morning. I often turn over towards that side of the
bed around 6AM. She'll move to that side so she can look at my face.
And she waits. She's gauging just how soon I'll wake up. Or how soon
to *wake* me up. Waiting to tap my nose with a fuzzy little paw. If I
open my eyes for a split second, the purr motor revs up.

She's so sweet! She does know I'm not getting up that early. I hear
her get down in the wee hours and eat more kibble.

Jill
Old December 31st 13, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the
end of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that.
I'm glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her
off the bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping spots?

Jill

~~~~~~~~
Both Duffy and Nikki sleep with me, sometimes at the same time and sometimes
separately. They have similar habits--each of them will walk around on top
of me for awhile, then curl up beside me. Sometimes they will stay there
all night, and sometimes they will shift to a different position on the bed.
Selina has not slept with me yet. She also does not like to be picked up
and held, but she shows definite signs of moving in that direction.

MaryL

Old December 31st 13, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the end
of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that. I'm
glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her off the
bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping
spots?

Jill

Waffles and Pickles both spend most of the night on my bed, although
occasionally one of them will go out to the living room and sleep in my
recliner. Pickles spends part of the night on the other pillow (I have a
queen size bed), and the rest of it at the foot on my side. Occasionally if
I'm awake she will come near me for some petting, but she won't sleep right
next to me. Waffles spends most of the night on the foot of the bed at the
other side. When I get up in the night, he'll often come over for some
petting when I get back in bed, and will generally curl up next to me for a
few minutes before getting down.

I still miss my heart cat, Nanki-Poo. He always slept either snuggled up
next to me or lying across me.

Joy

Old January 2nd 14, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:52:30 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the
end of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that.
I'm glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her
off the bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping spots?

Dot and Buster both like to sleep between my legs, so it's a contentious
area! Dot likes to sleep up between my thighs, and Buster lower down
between my calves, so they sometimes sleep there at the same time though.

Spicey doesn't seem to sleep, or at least, she never lets me see her
completely asleep. She seems to usually sleep on the floor or in the
apartment of the cat tree.
Old January 8th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Usually when Persia sleeps with me (which is about 85% of the time) she
curls into my side. Last night I went to turn over and she was at the
end of the bed, sleeping between my feet. She doesn't normally do that.
I'm glad I realized she was there, otherwise I might have kicked her
off the bed! (It's happened before but not in a couple of years.)

Do your owners sleep with you? Do they have their favourite sleeping
spots?

Our Chloe has been sleeping at our feet for years. She just settles
down right at the bottom of the bed and we hardly notice she's there.

The other two are a lot pushier about it. Ollie likes to wedge
himself in, either between a human's legs or between two humans.
Marblecake doesn't spend as much time sleeping with is, but when
she does, she likes to announce her arrival by pogoing all over
us and then slamming her full weight against us to make sure she's
well and truly snuggled in.

Our previous cats had a thing about the title of Pillow Cat, the one
that had the right to sleep on the pillow above the humans' heads.
It seemed to be considered the most privileged sleeping spot in the
house. Ishmael had that job for years, and after he died it passed
to Muriel and then Ishtar. Muriel was the easiest to deal with as
she could curl herself up into a compact ball and simply not move all
night - Ishmael tended to sprawl like a lion on a tree branch and
Ishtar would fidget, as she had kitty Alzheimer's near the end.

Chloe has a lovely habit of purring us to sleep while she licks my
hands. She and Marblecake often wake us up together - Chloe purrs
up a storm while Marblecake snuggles tight up against me and suckles
the duvet. She can get it soaked in happy-drool within minutes.

Little Feet is Ten! Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 9 November 6th 08 06:46 PM
15 sq feet Bridget Cat anecdotes 3 January 6th 07 05:23 AM
Sleeping Beauty/Sleeping Cat Eddie2005 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 15 April 28th 05 03:54 AM