A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 11th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,596
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

Buffy curls up next to me when I go to sleep. That's nice. When I turn
over, she feels she has to leap over me and curl up on the other side.
It seems she has to be on the same side of the bed I'm facing.

I love that she wants to sleep next to me. Truly! But it's bad enough
I'm rather restless. She needs to move, too? Sometimes I just want to
stretch out without a furry lump in the way.

Cats seem to expand, mysteriously and exponentially. They take up half
the bed without even trying.

This morning Buffy decided around 3AM she wanted to play. She tapped my
side and gave me kitty kisses on my face to wake me up. How sweet!

Problem is, I didn't want to wake up and play. I'm not nocturnal!
She's got toys all over the living room. I know she plays with those
golf balls in the middle of the night. I see evidence they've moved the
next day.

I digress. At 3AM, I opened my eyes, saw Buffy sitting there looking
all cute. Awwww! I gave her some scritches on her neck, blinked at her
sleepily and said "kitty kisses, thank you." Then I said, "It's not
time yet." Closed my eyes and ignored her. She figured it out and
curled into me so I was (thankfully) able to get back to sleep.

Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.

Jill
  #2  
Old February 11th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,622
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

jmcquown wrote:

Buffy curls up next to me when I go to sleep. That's nice. When I turn
over, she feels she has to leap over me and curl up on the other side.
It seems she has to be on the same side of the bed I'm facing.


I love that she wants to sleep next to me. Truly! But it's bad enough
I'm rather restless. She needs to move, too? Sometimes I just want to
stretch out without a furry lump in the way.


Cats seem to expand, mysteriously and exponentially. They take up half
the bed without even trying.


This morning Buffy decided around 3AM she wanted to play. She tapped my
side and gave me kitty kisses on my face to wake me up. How sweet!


Problem is, I didn't want to wake up and play. I'm not nocturnal!
She's got toys all over the living room. I know she plays with those
golf balls in the middle of the night. I see evidence they've moved the
next day.


I digress. At 3AM, I opened my eyes, saw Buffy sitting there looking
all cute. Awwww! I gave her some scritches on her neck, blinked at her
sleepily and said "kitty kisses, thank you." Then I said, "It's not
time yet." Closed my eyes and ignored her. She figured it out and
curled into me so I was (thankfully) able to get back to sleep.


Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.


A very bad idea, if you don't want her waking you up to play at that hour.

Something Licky does when we're having a cuddle is that if I start to fall
asleep, he moves or makes a noise to jolt me out of it. He never lets me just
drift off. I don't know how he knows I'm falling asleep. Maybe he hears my
breathing change. Or maybe it's simply that I stop petting him. How dare I
stop petting him!

Eventually I realize that if I want to go to sleep any time soon, I have to
kick him out, which I try to do in a subtle way, so that he thinks it's his
idea.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
  #3  
Old February 11th 17, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:27:16 PM UTC-5, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Buffy curls up next to me when I go to sleep. That's nice. When I turn
over, she feels she has to leap over me and curl up on the other side.
It seems she has to be on the same side of the bed I'm facing.


I love that she wants to sleep next to me. Truly! But it's bad enough
I'm rather restless. She needs to move, too? Sometimes I just want to
stretch out without a furry lump in the way.


Cats seem to expand, mysteriously and exponentially. They take up half
the bed without even trying.


This morning Buffy decided around 3AM she wanted to play. She tapped my
side and gave me kitty kisses on my face to wake me up. How sweet!


Problem is, I didn't want to wake up and play. I'm not nocturnal!
She's got toys all over the living room. I know she plays with those
golf balls in the middle of the night. I see evidence they've moved the
next day.


I digress. At 3AM, I opened my eyes, saw Buffy sitting there looking
all cute. Awwww! I gave her some scritches on her neck, blinked at her
sleepily and said "kitty kisses, thank you." Then I said, "It's not
time yet." Closed my eyes and ignored her. She figured it out and
curled into me so I was (thankfully) able to get back to sleep.


Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.


A very bad idea, if you don't want her waking you up to play at that hour..

Something Licky does when we're having a cuddle is that if I start to fall
asleep, he moves or makes a noise to jolt me out of it. He never lets me just
drift off. I don't know how he knows I'm falling asleep. Maybe he hears my
breathing change. Or maybe it's simply that I stop petting him. How dare I
stop petting him!

Eventually I realize that if I want to go to sleep any time soon, I have to
kick him out, which I try to do in a subtle way, so that he thinks it's his
idea.

Joyce

--
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx


With Rusty (RB), he slept in his own room while I slept in mine with the door closed. If by chance, we fell slept together on the couch watching TV, he would later left me to go off by himself. If I left my bedroom door opened, he would come jump into my bed in the middle of the night and scared me.
He knew which one was his room, with his food and water dishes, and his box..
When I was ready for bed, I told him to go to his room and he would do so.
Sometimes if I couldn't sleep or woke up in the middle of the night, I would go
check on him. Often I found him patiently sitting in a chair in his room waiting for me to get up. I would pet him and then went back to sleep.
But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.

Winnie
  #4  
Old February 11th 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 107
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:30:34 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.


LOL!

Minnie won't tolerate being banished from my room. Even if she decides to sleep
under the bed rather than on it, she insists in being in the room - and will sit
out in the hallway making sleep impossible by meowing and whining and clawing at
the door if I close it with her on the other side.

Luckily, she's so quiet when she's sleeping that you don't even know she's
there. It's when she wakes up and sees the first signs of daylight outside that
she starts making noise, because that's when she expects me to get up, go
downstairs, make coffee, get out her beloved rawhide shoelace and play with her.
If I don't get up once the sun starts coming up, I suddenly have an alarm clock
that's cleverly designed to look and act like a seven-month old kitten, but was
somehow allowed to leave the factory without a snooze button.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

  #5  
Old February 11th 17, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 107
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 19:38:25 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cats seem to expand, mysteriously and exponentially. They take up half
the bed without even trying.


Only half? My dear lady, you have no idea how lucky you are. :-)

This morning Buffy decided around 3AM she wanted to play. She tapped my
side and gave me kitty kisses on my face to wake me up. How sweet!


I think that was the thing that ultimately made me fall for Minnie. Of course,
she was doing it at a more decent hour of the morning.

Problem is, I didn't want to wake up and play. I'm not nocturnal!


No doubt a major disappointment to Buffy at the moment, although it sounds like
she's hard at work on fixing that problem.

She's got toys all over the living room. I know she plays with those
golf balls in the middle of the night. I see evidence they've moved the
next day.


Ther have been at least ten movies featuring toys that came alive at night, but
so far I haven't seen one starring golf balls. There is probably an opportunity
in here somewhere.

Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.


She doesn't bring you a golf ball so you can play with her without getting out
of bed? Minnie has done it to me with a shoelace. I woke up feeling paws
tickling my feet and sat up to find her standing on the floor on her hind legs
at that end of the bed with her paws resting gently on my toes and her head
peeking up at me with a rawhide shoelace dangling from her mouth. If there's a
way she could possibly make her message any clearer than that, I don't know what
it is. At least it was at 7:00 instead of 3:00 - she somehow seems to realize
that there's a good chance I'll decide some coffee sounds like a good idea
anyway by then and I might pass some time playing with her in the kitchen while
sitting there half awake waiting for the bean machine to produce results.

Charlie (RB), my big Russian Blue, was never too interested in wasting time
playing when he could be sitting on you getting petted, but when it got to be
the time I usually got up for work and he didn't hear an alarm clock beeping,
he'd get on the bed and start walking around right on top of me to wake me up.
He was a BIG cat...he wasn't the least bit obese but he weighed enough to
restrict your breathing noticably if he laid across your abdomen, so when he got
on top of you, you woke up! On one occasion this actually saved me from being
late for work because the power had gone off during the night. I woke up to find
it just starting to get light out, which I knew happened at about 7 AM that time
of year, and there's the alarm clock blinking 12:00 and Charlie standing on my
ribs staring down into my face as if to say, "Hey, buddy - you on vacation today
or what? Let's go!" It was a bit annoying on a holiday or when I actually WAS on
vacation, but he never did it on the weekends, only on Monday through Friday,
and I never figured out how he knew the difference.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

  #6  
Old February 11th 17, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,596
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On 2/11/2017 4:09 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 19:38:25 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cats seem to expand, mysteriously and exponentially. They take up half
the bed without even trying.


Only half? My dear lady, you have no idea how lucky you are. :-)

This morning Buffy decided around 3AM she wanted to play. She tapped my
side and gave me kitty kisses on my face to wake me up. How sweet!


I think that was the thing that ultimately made me fall for Minnie. Of course,
she was doing it at a more decent hour of the morning.

Problem is, I didn't want to wake up and play. I'm not nocturnal!


No doubt a major disappointment to Buffy at the moment, although it sounds like
she's hard at work on fixing that problem.

She's got toys all over the living room. I know she plays with those
golf balls in the middle of the night. I see evidence they've moved the
next day.


Ther have been at least ten movies featuring toys that came alive at night, but
so far I haven't seen one starring golf balls. There is probably an opportunity
in here somewhere.

Despite her best efforts I will never get out of bed to play with her at
3 o'clock in the morning.


She doesn't bring you a golf ball so you can play with her without getting out
of bed?


Nope. She doesn't bring toys into the bedroom.

Persia (RB) didn't,either. Toys belong in the living room. That's
where they stay.

Charlie (RB), my big Russian Blue, was never too interested in wasting time
playing when he could be sitting on you getting petted, but when it got to be
the time I usually got up for work and he didn't hear an alarm clock beeping,
he'd get on the bed and start walking around right on top of me to wake me up.
He was a BIG cat...he wasn't the least bit obese but he weighed enough to
restrict your breathing noticably if he laid across your abdomen, so when he got
on top of you, you woke up! On one occasion this actually saved me from being
late for work because the power had gone off during the night. I woke up to find
it just starting to get light out, which I knew happened at about 7 AM that time
of year, and there's the alarm clock blinking 12:00 and Charlie standing on my
ribs staring down into my face as if to say, "Hey, buddy - you on vacation today
or what? Let's go!" It was a bit annoying on a holiday or when I actually WAS on
vacation, but he never did it on the weekends, only on Monday through Friday,
and I never figured out how he knew the difference.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY


  #7  
Old February 12th 17, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,596
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On 2/11/2017 3:25 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:30:34 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.


LOL!

Minnie won't tolerate being banished from my room. Even if she decides to sleep
under the bed rather than on it, she insists in being in the room - and will sit
out in the hallway making sleep impossible by meowing and whining and clawing at
the door if I close it with her on the other side.

My cat has to have access to the bedroom because that's where her food
and water is. The litterbox is in the master bathroom. This house was
not designed for cats.

Luckily, she's so quiet when she's sleeping that you don't even know she's
there. It's when she wakes up and sees the first signs of daylight outside that
she starts making noise, because that's when she expects me to get up, go
downstairs, make coffee, get out her beloved rawhide shoelace and play with her.
If I don't get up once the sun starts coming up, I suddenly have an alarm clock
that's cleverly designed to look and act like a seven-month old kitten, but was
somehow allowed to leave the factory without a snooze button.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

LOL Buffy can be very quiet. But not when she wants to wake me up.

Jill
  #8  
Old February 12th 17, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 25
Default Cat snores Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

Rusty wrote:
....
But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.


Hard to believe a snoring cat can be loud, but they can.

  #9  
Old February 12th 17, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Cat snores Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:46:12 PM UTC-5, Tigger wrote:
Rusty wrote:
...
But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.


Hard to believe a snoring cat can be loud, but they can.


When Rusty snored on the cat hammock while I was on the computer, I would say
"too loud". Then he would lower his snores. This happened more than once.
It was as if he understood me even in his sleep.
  #10  
Old February 12th 17, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Sleeping Habits and Kitty Kisses

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 3:25:23 PM UTC-5, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:30:34 -0800 (PST), Rusty wrote:

But he never slept in my bed. Rather, I didn't let him.
He snored.


LOL!

Minnie won't tolerate being banished from my room. Even if she decides to sleep
under the bed rather than on it, she insists in being in the room - and will sit
out in the hallway making sleep impossible by meowing and whining and clawing at
the door if I close it with her on the other side.


That was why Rusty slept in another room with the door closed.
If I slept with my bedroom door closed, he would come and hurled himself at the
door, making a loud noise. But if I came out and went and slept on the couch,
he would be satisfied with watching me from a chair.

Luckily, she's so quiet when she's sleeping that you don't even know she's
there. It's when she wakes up and sees the first signs of daylight outside that
she starts making noise, because that's when she expects me to get up, go
downstairs, make coffee, get out her beloved rawhide shoelace and play with her.
If I don't get up once the sun starts coming up, I suddenly have an alarm clock
that's cleverly designed to look and act like a seven-month old kitten, but was
somehow allowed to leave the factory without a snooze button.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kitty Kisses :) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 July 20th 11 04:26 AM
Does your cat have your sleeping habits? James Cat health & behaviour 0 January 3rd 09 07:04 AM
Kitty Kisses Mishi Cat anecdotes 10 May 2nd 07 10:10 PM
Should I get a litter box? Sleeping habits. James Cat health & behaviour 3 January 31st 07 01:46 AM
Persia and her sleeping habits jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 October 31st 06 09:59 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.