A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Return of the S



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 19th 17, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 695
Default Return of the S

Last Sunday a good friend who is a most devoted cat slave asked if I was looking for a kitten


Friend of his made a major mistake, their first cat they were told couldn't get pregnant or be spayed until after her first heat when she'd be 8 months old

How many people here shaking their heads ? They kept her in but lust did find a way and she had two kittens on their living room carpet. They're keeping one but need to find a home for the other one or she's going to a shelter

It's not perfect I still don't know for certain I can stay in my flat (they agreed I could before Xmas and now they're wanting to meet for a "discussion" about the tenancy but I've been here for 10 months on my own and paying the rent) but whilst I have seen photos to be realistic she's a very cute tuxedo but shelters have loads of them so I have talked to a friend who has already agreed if I lost the flat he'd take my cats in as long as I paid for their food until I found somewhere else

The people who have her and me we have talked. She won't be ready until the 31st when she's 9 weeks . I am welcome to visit to see her with mum they just want to find her a good home. but not for free. They say mentioning money is a good way to sort out people who might get her for the wrong reasons

They want £60 but that for she'll be dewormed and deflead, have her bloods done, her first set of shots and her chip etc ie. what I would expect to do myself and pay the same She will come with her results and details of her chip so I just have to pop them into my vets and register the chip

So it looks like I am picking her up on April Fools Day she goes to the vets a week Tuesday for her check up etc along with her mum who is getting spayed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball (for now)
  #2  
Old March 20th 17, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,586
Default Return of the S

On 3/19/2017 5:16 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Last Sunday a good friend who is a most devoted cat slave asked if I was looking for a kitten


Friend of his made a major mistake, their first cat they were told couldn't get pregnant or be spayed until after her first heat when she'd be 8 months old

How many people here shaking their heads ? They kept her in but lust did find a way and she had two kittens on their living room carpet. They're keeping one but need to find a home for the other one or she's going to a shelter

It's not perfect I still don't know for certain I can stay in my flat (they agreed I could before Xmas and now they're wanting to meet for a "discussion" about the tenancy but I've been here for 10 months on my own and paying the rent) but whilst I have seen photos to be realistic she's a very cute tuxedo but shelters have loads of them so I have talked to a friend who has already agreed if I lost the flat he'd take my cats in as long as I paid for their food until I found somewhere else

The people who have her and me we have talked. She won't be ready until the 31st when she's 9 weeks . I am welcome to visit to see her with mum they just want to find her a good home. but not for free. They say mentioning money is a good way to sort out people who might get her for the wrong reasons

They want £60 but that for she'll be dewormed and deflead, have her bloods done, her first set of shots and her chip etc ie. what I would expect to do myself and pay the same She will come with her results and details of her chip so I just have to pop them into my vets and register the chip

So it looks like I am picking her up on April Fools Day she goes to the vets a week Tuesday for her check up etc along with her mum who is getting spayed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball (for now)

Concatulations! And good luck with your flat. The uncertainty must
be difficult.

Jill
  #3  
Old March 24th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 695
Default Return of the S

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 9:16:18 PM UTC, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Last Sunday a good friend who is a most devoted cat slave asked if I was looking for a kitten


Friend of his made a major mistake, their first cat they were told couldn't get pregnant or be spayed until after her first heat when she'd be 8 months old

How many people here shaking their heads ? They kept her in but lust did find a way and she had two kittens on their living room carpet. They're keeping one but need to find a home for the other one or she's going to a shelter

It's not perfect I still don't know for certain I can stay in my flat (they agreed I could before Xmas and now they're wanting to meet for a "discussion" about the tenancy but I've been here for 10 months on my own and paying the rent) but whilst I have seen photos to be realistic she's a very cute tuxedo but shelters have loads of them so I have talked to a friend who has already agreed if I lost the flat he'd take my cats in as long as I paid for their food until I found somewhere else

The people who have her and me we have talked. She won't be ready until the 31st when she's 9 weeks . I am welcome to visit to see her with mum they just want to find her a good home. but not for free. They say mentioning money is a good way to sort out people who might get her for the wrong reasons

They want £60 but that for she'll be dewormed and deflead, have her bloods done, her first set of shots and her chip etc ie. what I would expect to do myself and pay the same She will come with her results and details of her chip so I just have to pop them into my vets and register the chip

So it looks like I am picking her up on April Fools Day she goes to the vets a week Tuesday for her check up etc along with her mum who is getting spayed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball (for now)


  #4  
Old March 24th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 695
Default Return of the S

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:06:46 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

Concatulations! And good luck with your flat. The uncertainty must
be difficult.

We meet about the tenancy on Monday if that's okay I may collect her when she comes back from the vets on Tuesday as just to add to my woes the fixed term contract I was offered that should have seen me in work until late October was withdrawn and they got rid of me Tuesday...just like that so it is unlikely I am working next week so I can supervise introductions

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
  #5  
Old March 26th 17, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,586
Default Return of the S

On 3/24/2017 2:54 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:06:46 PM UTC, Jill McQuown wrote:

Concatulations! And good luck with your flat. The uncertainty must
be difficult.

We meet about the tenancy on Monday if that's okay I may collect her when she comes back from the vets on Tuesday as just to add to my woes the fixed term contract I was offered that should have seen me in work until late October was withdrawn and they got rid of me Tuesday...just like that so it is unlikely I am working next week so I can supervise introductions

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

I'm sorry to hear about your job! That on top of uncertain tenancy is a
double whammy.

Jill
  #6  
Old March 28th 17, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 695
Default Return of the S

I'm sorry to hear about your job! That on top of uncertain tenancy is a
double whammy.

I got the tenancy under the same terms i.e. it's a registered fair rent tenancy and I can have cats! The only change is no one else can now succeed to the tenancy if I got married and died before my husband he'd be homeless which does't bother me as I have no plans that way

Since I am fairly sure I won;t be working this week, oh I might have to pop out for an hour or two but not until Thursday I am collecting kitten tomorrow rather than Saturday. She goes for her vet check at 2 I need to get some stuff in for her then we'll meet about 6 in the evening

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
  #7  
Old March 28th 17, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,586
Default Return of the S

On 3/27/2017 7:33 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your job! That on top of uncertain tenancy is a
double whammy.

I got the tenancy under the same terms i.e. it's a registered fair rent tenancy and I can have cats! The only change is no one else can now succeed to the tenancy if I got married and died before my husband he'd be homeless which does't bother me as I have no plans that way

Since I am fairly sure I won;t be working this week, oh I might have to pop out for an hour or two but not until Thursday I am collecting kitten tomorrow rather than Saturday. She goes for her vet check at 2 I need to get some stuff in for her then we'll meet about 6 in the evening

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

Can't wait to see pics once you get her settled.

Jill
  #8  
Old March 28th 17, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Return of the S

Lesley Madigan wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your job! That on top of uncertain tenancy is a
double whammy.

I got the tenancy under the same terms i.e. it's a registered fair rent tenancy and I can have cats! The only change is no one else can now succeed to the tenancy if I got married and died before my husband he'd be homeless which does't bother me as I have no plans that way


Since I am fairly sure I won;t be working this week, oh I might have to pop out for an hour or two but not until Thursday I am collecting kitten tomorrow rather than Saturday. She goes for her vet check at 2 I need to get some stuff in for her then we'll meet about 6 in the evening



That's exciting!! Looking forward to hearing about her.

Joyce

--
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
  #9  
Old March 28th 17, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 107
Default Return of the S

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:33:29 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

I got the tenancy under the same terms i.e. it's a registered fair
rent tenancy and I can have cats! The only change is no one else
can now succeed to the tenancy if I got married and died before
my husband he'd be homeless which does't bother me as I have
no plans that way

Since I am fairly sure I won;t be working this week, oh I might have
to pop out for an hour or two but not until Thursday I am collecting
kitten tomorrow rather than Saturday. She goes for her vet check
at 2 I need to get some stuff in for her then we'll meet about 6 in
the evening


First of all, I'm glad to hear you got your tenancy issue straightened out. Not
having a place to live kind of overshadows everything else. Now I just hope
you'll get back to work soon. In my experience, having a paycheck coming in
regularly seems to make it much easier to pay the rent and hopefully have some
disposable income left over with which to buy toys and treats for the kitty!

That having all been said, I wish you and the kitten all the best. I lived for
twenty years without a feline companion. It was one thing when I had family
around, or when I lived upstairs from a friend whose cat basically adopted me,
but when I moved here by myself in June, I didn't even know what I was missing
until Minnie joined me in October and woke me up the next morning at the crack
of dawn by standing next to my pillow licking my nose and purring loudly enough
that the sound woke me up a few seconds before she actually reached my nose.

That's how she woke me up this morning, too. I find I prefer that to any alarm
clock I've ever had - despite her lack of a snooze button!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Return fwum da ded. rafflescat[_2_] Cat community 14 November 17th 11 07:44 PM
The two kittens return! dgk Cat health & behaviour 1 December 8th 09 07:50 PM
Emily's return to the vet's Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 February 24th 07 09:16 PM
Return from the fog of flu Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 16 February 11th 05 07:14 AM
Return of the GGH Bev Cat anecdotes 2 April 8th 04 03:46 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.