A cat forum. CatBanter

Beware of bully cats

Old June 6th 17, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
John Doe[_2_]

Default Beware of bully cats

My method of coping is humane as possible. That helps make it
a great method. It restricts the bully cats movement only
enough so that it stops terrorizing my other cats. Physical
restraints are used all over in the real world to cope with
behavioral problems. When necessary, using such against a cat
is not abuse, it is constructive.

The opposition reminds me of the cannibal left's denial of
terrorism. A safe bet is that both reply authors are cannibal
leftists.

My best method so far for coping with a bully cat... Make a
small closed belt perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to
do with belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be
just the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one
of their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just
right, they can walk and use the litter box, but they are
somewhat disabled which discourages them from picking on your
other cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any
muscle strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can
easily dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two
hands. It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my
opinion, if you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot.
Could not be easier to use. Especially good for when you are
gone.

Anyone who has lots of experience managing cats knows better
than to think you can verbally stop a cat from doing anything
it wants to do. In the case of a bully cat like mine,
uncorrected, it makes the lives of my other cats living hell.

There are two common charades on the Internet. Being a tough
guy and being holier-than-thou. This troll plays out both...

From: reilloc reilloc gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
Subject: Beware of bully cats
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 22:53:15 -0500

On 6/5/2017 1:23 PM, John Doe wrote:
The replies remind me of the cannibal left's view on open
borders and welcoming arms to all comers, no matter how badly
they want to hurt us.

Using a cuff appears to be an excellent real-world solution
to a very difficult real-world problem. Perhaps the poster
has never needed to deal with a bully cat. If the thing can
be placed in a home with no other cats, that would be better,
but that is not the situation here.

So easy to act holier-than-thou on the Internet...

What? You, again, with your brilliant insight into feline personality
and your master plan to physically abuse them into conformity? If the
thing can be rescued from your torture chamber and placed anywhere else,
that would be better.

You're a sick man, an animal abuser and painfully stupid.

LNC

Old June 27th 17, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected][_2_]

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs. Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.

Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.

Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question. And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.

There are others - but they are less blatant.

Now, as the "Cannibal Left" was mentioned, the rest is fair game:

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H.L. Mencken

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”

Harry Truman