A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Ok, where is the facebook group?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 17th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,241
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.
  #2  
Old August 17th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 370
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.


I can't find it at all!
  #3  
Old August 18th 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,579
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.


I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill
  #4  
Old August 18th 17, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,241
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.


I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill


I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...
  #5  
Old August 18th 17, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,579
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On 8/18/2017 11:29 AM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill


I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

Well, for what it's worth, I keep trying to talk about Buffy and posted
recent pics. I guess people are just too busy.

I, for one, would *love* to see pics (if possible) of Tweed's new
adopted cats. But she only posted she got one, it was taken back, then
she adopted two. Now she's gone again. Hopefully she's just having fun
with her newly adopted cats.

Jill
  #6  
Old August 19th 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 703
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 9:29:15 AM UTC-6, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill


I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...


If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)
  #7  
Old August 19th 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 703
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:59:23 AM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 8/18/2017 11:29 AM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill


I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

Well, for what it's worth, I keep trying to talk about Buffy and posted
recent pics. I guess people are just too busy.

I, for one, would *love* to see pics (if possible) of Tweed's new
adopted cats. But she only posted she got one, it was taken back, then
she adopted two. Now she's gone again. Hopefully she's just having fun
with her newly adopted cats.

Jill


The Posh Girls, as she's calling them now. Not sure where she could post them, to be seen though (great thing about FB is posting piccies within a comment).
  #8  
Old August 19th 17, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,579
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On 8/18/2017 9:24 PM, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:59:23 AM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:
On 8/18/2017 11:29 AM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

Well, for what it's worth, I keep trying to talk about Buffy and posted
recent pics. I guess people are just too busy.

I, for one, would *love* to see pics (if possible) of Tweed's new
adopted cats. But she only posted she got one, it was taken back, then
she adopted two. Now she's gone again. Hopefully she's just having fun
with her newly adopted cats.

Jill


The Posh Girls, as she's calling them now. Not sure where she could post them, to be seen though (great thing about FB is posting piccies within a comment).

There are tons of free photo hosting sites. I use www.postimage.org
Upload a pic, click a link to post the image via URL. Like this:

https://s17.postimg.org/qrdikl1m7/hi_you.jpg

This obviously is not a binary newsgroup, but there are always ways to
post pictures without using Facebook.

Jill
Jill
  #9  
Old August 19th 17, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On Saturday, 19 August 2017 11:23:00 UTC+10, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 9:29:15 AM UTC-6, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill


I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...


If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)


Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.
  #10  
Old August 19th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,579
Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On 8/19/2017 2:22 AM, Yowie wrote:
On Saturday, 19 August 2017 11:23:00 UTC+10, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 9:29:15 AM UTC-6, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...


If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)


Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.


Thanks, Yowie. I really don't like Facebook. I had an account there
years ago. I guess if this newsgroup is going to die it simply will. I,
for one, keep posting here.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Life tends to get in the way, doesn't it? wink

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie


I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. But I remember Pickle. Coffee
sounds like a great new owner.

Take care,

Jill
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The facebook group Jane[_3_] Cat anecdotes 14 February 5th 14 02:32 AM
Facebook (again) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 September 10th 12 01:14 AM
r.p.c.a on Facebook Robert Catt Cat anecdotes 17 November 15th 11 08:31 PM
Where is the facebook group dgk Cat anecdotes 4 October 19th 11 12:13 PM
RPCA group on Facebook question [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 May 14th 11 11:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.