weird biting question

Old August 1st 03, 01:42 AM
Priscilla Ballou

Default weird biting question

In article , "troodle"
wrote:

Hey fellow catties!

I have two cats, brothers, Burmese (and, need I say, the light of my life).
They have a strange habit which I'm intrigued by, and wondered if anyone
else's cats do the same, and if you know why. They bite each other on the
throat, as much as they can get into their mouth, then stay like that for
about 30 seconds (occasionally they will fall asleep with their mouth full
of throat!).Sometimes this leads to a play fight, other times its just part
of mutual grooming. Its not an aggressive thing, nor part of grooming, and
they do it equally, neither one is dominant. Its weird, I'd have thought if
it was either mating or mother/kitten related behaviour it would be the back
of the neck, not the throat. Any thoughts on it?

Do they shy away from sunlight? ;-)

Priscilla
--
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,