What's the "wildest" domestic cat?

Old May 19th 04, 06:12 PM
rishi

Default What's the "wildest" domestic cat?

A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?

Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.

But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
right.

Any opinions?
Old May 19th 04, 07:36 PM
Cat Protector

To be honest you have double standard as the wildest domestic cat breed.
Simply put, all cats are wild in some fashion.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
m...

Old June 15th 04, 10:55 AM
Laura R.

circa 19 May 2004 10:12:00 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.misc, rishi
) said,

A funny question to be sure. What's the wildest domestic cat breed?

Initially I thought bengals - 50% wild, more or less, as half the
genes seem to be from the Asian spotted leopard.

But now I'm thinking Savannahs, which I understand to be a mix of
Bengal and Serval - that would be 75% wild, if I've got the math
right.

Any opinions?

Neither, as there are regulations on how many generations "away" from
their wild ancestors that these cats must be in order to be
considered pets.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde