GOOD NEWS:UPDATE #8 Mimi not feeling well.

Old December 21st 04, 03:30 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default GOOD NEWS:UPDATE #8 Mimi not feeling well.

Last night Mimi didn't want to come to bed, she was playing with a twistie
(her favorite toy), pounced on our feet when she did (she even bit my big
toe!), and this morning she gave the the 'look from hell' after I gave her
the medicine. Now she and Ernie (and Moe, Weeble & Ping) are all
participating in the Zoomies. Earlier, Mimi was playing with *her* twistie,
when Ping pounced on it (and getting her as well), she got all huffy and her
tail puffed to 5 times it size!

Yay Mimi!!!!

Also, she's up to 7lb, 1.5oz!!!

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
We finally manged to get a poo sample for TED from Mimi. I followed
her all day Friday, but all she ever did was 'window shop' whenever
she got near a litter box. I think she must have been holding it
until I was "distracted by something shiney" and made a break for it.
Finally, at around 10pm-ish last night, I cleaned out a litter box
and locked Mimi in a room by herself with food & water. At about
4am-is, DH got up for a potty-break of his own, and checked on Mimi,
and came back in and annouced that 'we got poop', and that Mimi was
all frisky, wanting either to rub on his ankles or scratch the
mini-tower that we had in there with her.... she just wanted some
attention in there all by her widdle self she was getting lonely.
TED had emailed me last evening mentioning that there might be
parasites.... some sort of bacterial innfection, food allergy, IBD or
IBS. He suggested that we bring her in this morning, along with poo
sample.
BUT, since we started the antibiotic, she has been eating like she
just remembered how, and has gained 4.5 - 5 ounces! And she's
started grooming herself again, so she's not looking so 'scruffy'.

At the TED, we told him about her improvement, and when he looked at
her, he could tell without even touching her. Her backbone is not as
sharp as it was 3 days ago! He said to keep on what we've been doing
(mixing a bit of kitten chow in with her food doesn't hurt her, or
any of the cats for that matter) but if her stools don't solidify, to
start with the lactobacillus (sp?) in either live culture yogurt
(which she doesn't like) or with Bene-Bac like we did with Minnie
this past summer. He also didn't find anything in her poo (aside
from come cat litter LOL).
She's felling a lot better, even pounced on my feet last evening
while we were in bed. She wants to play, but Moe, Ernie, Ping &
Weeble are kinda toy-hogs so she doesn't get much of a chance. Yesterday
afternoon, she was rolling around a katnip infused
kitten-pillow (make by the same people that put out the TED doll),
biting and bunny-kicking it one second, licking and rubbing her face
on the next.... Soooooooo cute. She then hopped up to the
kitten-cuddler bed on the table behind the sofa (under the sun-lamp)
and I actually saw her wash her face and shoulders some. Yay
Mimi!!!!
AND.... She poo'd again just about an hour ago, and it was fairly
solid (if somewhat stinky).

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes and purrs - they seem to be
working.

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
We started Mimi's atibiotic last night, before we went to bed
(instructions said every 12 hours), and kept her in the bedroom with
us last night (the only kitty onna big soft sleeping place, Weeble is
a bit jealous of her), and she woke me every two hours as she wanted
out. I would bring her out of the bedroom, following her hopping to
get a poop-sample for TED, but all she did was *EAT*. Weighed her
this morning as she's up an ounce! YAY!!!!!!
Bad thing is she hasn't pooped since she left that squishy yesterday
- at least that I know of, and I've been watching her pretty closely.

I'm doing my happy dance, at least for the next ten minutes, then I
have to geive her another dose of her medicine (It's a liquid
pediatric form, and smells like bubble gum, so I'm assuming that's
what it tastes like - makes me wanna go out and buy some Hubba-Bubba
or Bazooka Joe bubble gum, but I'll settle for my sugar-free Extra
bubble-gum :] )

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Got word back from TED. Some of her blood values were a tad high
(can't remember which ones), but all were still within normal
values. *WHEW* We were worried that it was CRF (or worse). I was
assuming that they did a fecal swab, but maybe they didn't as I had said
she
had not thrown up nor had diarhea, but now that we *know* that she's
got runny poop (even though she's not poo'd herself or anyplace
other than the litterbox) & possibly the pukies, he thinks it might
be one of two things: food allergy or some sort of digestive tract
infection (even though her white blood cell count was not elevated,
but the stress of being at TED's for about 15 hours may have
affected that - his statement not mine). We will be starting her on
antibiotic tonight (Amoxocyllin) and see if that helps. If not we
will try the hypo-allergenic' food and see how that goes. We (or
rather I, since I am home more than DH) will try to get a fecal
sample to take to TED so he can check for any nasties (I'm wondering
if it shouldn't be wrapped in a red bow w/ Merry Christmas on it,
LOL).
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Yesterday, Mimi acted a whole lot better, but today she threw up (I
think it was her - there was some on my chair, and she had been
there earlier, but so had Tennessee, Weeble & Ernie - at different
times), it wasn't much. Later I followed her to the litterbox and
her stool
was very runny - almost like baby food. Sounds like something is
upsetting her digestive system. I haven't heard back from TED's
blood test yet. I have also emailed this info to TED, and
haven't heard back from them on that either. Right now she is on the
table
behind the sofa, soaking up the rays of the 'sun lamp'.
I found a brush & comb, and did her fur nice & pretty yesterday
evening. She liked the comb better than the brush. I got a bit of
fur off her with both, and she did look soooooooooooooo cute with
the 'comb lines' in her fur, like a freshly plowed field.

She is still eating, and drinking, but...

sigh

What to do with poor widdle sick kitty???????

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Picked up Mimi at TED's around 10:30, dropped her off at home with
plenty of food & water. X-rays came back normal - no fluid
buildup or anything like that in her heart or lungs. No masses that
would
be causing any problems in her gut (not even a hairball), but they
did say that some of her intestines seemed out of place, probably
from when they palpated her , but her kidneys were looking normal
(no tumors or other growths). The blood test will be back in a
few days (they don't do that on site).
She cried all the way home, and clawed at the mesh of my
soft-sided carrier (I was afraid she would rip through it with
her razor sharp claws). The tech said that she was cranky this
morning (you would be too, if you hadn't had anything to eat for 12+
hours, and are
used to being able to eat anytime, even if you don't want to),
and was swearing at them when they came in. Of course, I had to
fain incredulous comments ("Mimi, use foul language??? NEVER!"). But
then again, she was NOT happy when TED stuck that thermometer
where things are not supposed to be stuck
When I got home, she walked out of the carrier, tail up in the air
like she owned the place. I had all the cat dishes in the
dishwasher, so I had to get them out so I could feed ALL of them
(not just Mimi). Ernie, Moe, Weeble & Ping were torn between
investigating the carrier (even though they had ignored it last
night), and chowing down. Mimi nibbled a bit, then starting
cleaning herself (where the thermometer should not have been put -
and I'm sure they did a fecal swab to check for parasites/bacteria
as well),
then nibbled some more.. She also has a shaved spot on her neck
from where they drew the blood - and it looks like she might have
struggled a bit when they did it as it does not look too nice
She is now purring, meatloafed on my desktop. She looks better,
albeit a bit thin, but I guess she had a major grooming-session
while I was out running errands (new movies come out on DVD on
Tuesdays, and LOTR3 extended version is one of them - DH would be
a major grump if I did not get that for him).

I need to go unload my purchases now, so I will stop gabbing about
poor widdle Mimi.

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Just got back from TED. Have left her there overnight as they
are going to run blood (and other) tests in the morning, and
probably do some x-rays as well. TED said that her kidneys felt
small
(but she's a small cat), and her heart sounded loud on both
sides (she was scared to death). She was not dehydrated at all, and
her
temperature was normal (and she growled like a junkyard dog while
TED was taking
it). I could have brought her home, but for blood tests they
need to have fasted for 12 hours, and 8 hours was bad enough when we
took Ping in for TBS (The Big Snip) - deny food from one and you
have to deny food from all, and they nearly ate me alive the next
morning.
She will have food and water until the cutoff time, and then only
water. She will also not have 7 other cats harrassing her, even
if she is cowering in a metal cage

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Well, she hasn't gotten any worse, but hasn't improved any
either, so she will see TED this afternoon (he only sees
patients in the
afternoons, mornings are when he does surgeries). She is
eating, but not enough. She is also drinking & her skin is elastic,
so
I don't think she's dehydrated. I hope that this is nothing
serious. She just looks soooooo sad, like she's saying "Mommy,
my tummy
not feel good"
I'll post more after her visit to TED.

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
The past couple of days, Mimi has been 'off her feed' so to
speak, only nibbling at the food instead of gobbling it down
with her usual gusto (I guess she decided to put herself on a
diet in order to lose some weight, so we won't call her
"butterball' any more).
She's also started to get a bit 'scruffy' looking. Her skin is
still very elastic, so she's getting plenty of fluids.

Last night, she acted like she was going to puke (but didn't) -
so, remembering back when we had Ivy & her CRF, we decided to
give her a Pepcid - actually, about a fourth of a pill. An
hour after that
she ate some, not much. At 3:30am I got up to do the bathroom
run, and Mimi was in one of the kitchen chairs (I gave her a
pat on the head before I went tinkie). After the obligatory
bladder-emptying, I stopped at the computer to check things out
(a habit I find hard to break), and after about 30 seconds, I
hear crunching behind me. Mimi is chowing down. When she's
finished, when wanders over to a
scratching post to sharpen some claws. About then DH comes in,
and ask about her. She immediately trotted over to him so she
could rub his ankles. More movement than she's made in days!
We took her back to bed with us, and she settled in to give
herself a bath. About an hour later, she was walking around
the bed, so I got up and took her out to the sofa.
When DH's alarm went off & he got up, he said she came running
to the bedroom door. After DH left for work, I left the
bedroom door open and lay in bed reading. Mimi joined me,
leaning on my ankles (after
conquering them with a kitten-nip or two) and proceeded to give
herself another bath - until she drowsed off.

DH just called me from work, and Mimi followed me into the
kitchen - and she 'meeeeeeeeeee' at me! She proceeded to lead
me back in here to the computer so I could watch her eat, and
she is now
meatloafing under the 'sun' created by my desk lamp (the only
sun around here for a couple of days, too - it's been yucky wet
weather so much, I
was wondering if our complete neighborhood had been beamed to
the Seattle WA area). She is also looking less 'scruffy'.

Purrs that Mimi continues to get over her upset tummy, and a
visit to TED is not needed.
--
The ONE and ONLY

--?
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

--?

Old December 21st 04, 04:19 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:30:50 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Last night Mimi didn't want to come to bed, she was playing with a twistie
(her favorite toy), pounced on our feet when she did (she even bit my big
toe!), and this morning she gave the the 'look from hell' after I gave her
the medicine. Now she and Ernie (and Moe, Weeble & Ping) are all
participating in the Zoomies. Earlier, Mimi was playing with *her* twistie,
when Ping pounced on it (and getting her as well), she got all huffy and her
tail puffed to 5 times it size!

Yay Mimi!!!!

Also, she's up to 7lb, 1.5oz!!!

Ohhh what joy! No wonder they're all bouncy! Is Speedy in there too?
How's he getting along?

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

Theresa
Old December 21st 04, 04:34 PM
Dan M

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

Last night Mimi didn't want to come to bed, she was playing with a twistie
(her favorite toy), pounced on our feet when she did (she even bit my big
toe!), and this morning she gave the the 'look from hell' after I gave her
the medicine. Now she and Ernie (and Moe, Weeble & Ping) are all
participating in the Zoomies. Earlier, Mimi was playing with *her* twistie,
when Ping pounced on it (and getting her as well), she got all huffy and her
tail puffed to 5 times it size!

Yay Mimi!!!!

Also, she's up to 7lb, 1.5oz!!!

All right! That's excellent news. We'll keep the purrs coming, too.
Old December 21st 04, 04:44 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:30:50 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Last night Mimi didn't want to come to bed, she was playing with a
twistie (her favorite toy), pounced on our feet when she did (she
even bit my big toe!), and this morning she gave the the 'look from
hell' after I gave her the medicine. Now she and Ernie (and Moe,
Weeble & Ping) are all participating in the Zoomies. Earlier, Mimi
was playing with *her* twistie, when Ping pounced on it (and getting
her as well), she got all huffy and her tail puffed to 5 times it
size!

Yay Mimi!!!!

Also, she's up to 7lb, 1.5oz!!!

Ohhh what joy! No wonder they're all bouncy! Is Speedy in there too?
How's he getting along?

You must have me confused with someone else - I don't have a cat (or any
pet - unless you cont a box turtle we had in our back yard when I was a kid
LOL) named Speedy....

Old December 21st 04, 06:30 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Last night Mimi didn't want to come to bed, she was playing with a
twistie (her favorite toy), pounced on our feet when she did (she
even bit my big toe!), and this morning she gave the the 'look from
hell' after I gave her the medicine. Now she and Ernie (and Moe,
Weeble & Ping) are all participating in the Zoomies. Earlier, Mimi
was playing with *her* twistie, when Ping pounced on it (and getting
her as well), she got all huffy and her tail puffed to 5 times it
size!

Yay Mimi!!!!

Also, she's up to 7lb, 1.5oz!!!

YAY!!!!! What a good (zoomie) girl