Christmas memories

Old December 22nd 04, 10:10 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Christmas memories

Well, Eric and I are staying home this Christmas. I'm glad to avoid the
stress and expense of travel, but sad that I won't be with my family. Well,
Eric's my family, too, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, a little anecdote from before I met Eric:

Several years ago, my brother K bought a townhouse. I moved in with him
to help both of us with expenses. K's dog Bear, a german shepherd/
labrador mix, was then a huge, rambunctious bundle of love and energy.

On this particular Christmas, mom and dad came to stay with us over the
holidays. We were all sitting on a big L-shaped couch. Bear had one of those
rope dog-bones, really just a thick piece of rope with a knot on each end. He
would bring it to a human, who would of course dutifully throw it. Rinse,
repeat, until that particular human lost interest, at which point he'd move to
the next person on the couch.

Well, eventually, Bear ran out of willing humans. Oscar, however, was still
perched on the back of the couch, observing the proceedings. Bear picked up
his bone, which weighed about half as much as the cat, carried it to the
couch, and plopped the bone down in front of her. His expression clearly
read, "Throw the bone for me!" Her expression clearly read, "FOAD."*

She never did throw the bone for him, and I doubt he could ever figure out
why.

* "Go forth, reproduce, and return to the earth whence you came," in polite
language.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 22nd 04, 10:42 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:10:36 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

I guess to him the cat was a "human bean"~!

Old December 22nd 04, 11:06 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-22, mlbriggs penned:

I guess to him the cat was a "human bean"~!

I said he was huge, rambunctious, loving, and energetic -- notice that nowhere
in that list did I say, "smart"!

Lovely dog, anyway. Reminds me of a cartoon I saw today; the one with the
pirates. The dog explains that the great thing about being a Labrador is that
you can pick out your own Christmas present, and *still* be surprised, because
you've forgotten what you picked!

Come to think of it, I may be part Lab, too. I know I gave my mom some
direction in what to get me for Christmas, but I can't for the life of me
remember what it was. Can't wait to rip into the presents =)

Old December 23rd 04, 10:40 PM
polonca12000

What a great story! Thank you, Monique.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Well, Eric and I are staying home this Christmas. I'm glad to avoid the
stress and expense of travel, but sad that I won't be with my family.

Well,
Eric's my family, too, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, a little anecdote from before I met Eric:

Several years ago, my brother K bought a townhouse. I moved in with him
to help both of us with expenses. K's dog Bear, a german shepherd/
labrador mix, was then a huge, rambunctious bundle of love and energy.

snip

Old December 30th 04, 04:29 AM
Flippy

Cute story, Monique!

[...]