A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

[OT] [PW] [Long] America Bashing



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 26th 04, 04:25 PM
CatNipped
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default [OT] [PW] [Long] America Bashing

OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.

Are we, as a nation, perfect? Of course not. Have we done things that we
should be ashamed of? Of course. But so has every other country that has
ever existed. To quote a popular guy, "Let ye who is without sin cast the
first stone." We are *NOT* a nation of evil, greedy, stupid, egotistical
maniacs who are out to conquer the world.

Here are the things I'll concede:

Does America put its own interests first in its policy making?
- Of course, ALL COUNTRIES DO!

Is America "selective" about its economic and military support
internationally?
- Absolutely. The U.S. is not a "bottomless well" of financial aid and good
will.

Does American foreign policy contain some prejudices and favoritism?
- Naturally. Lawless regimes or those opposed to the U.S. will not be viewed
favorably.

Will America manipulate a country or political situation to advance its
goals?
- Necessarily, as world politics are a dangerous chess game. Remember the
U.S.S.R.?

Are some of the many "conspiracy theories" about the U.S. government true?
- Probably one or two of the more "sane" theories are in fact true.

All that being conceded, that does *NOT* change the following facts:

NOT ONE MAJOR NATION could truthfully answer "NO" to any of the above
criticisms either. Only in a perfect world without rivalry is this
possible, and we are most certainly NOT in a perfect world.

Only America can say it has liberated many countries from occupation or
oppression and "COLONIZED NONE!"

America is still the "land of dreams" as evidenced by people of ALL the
world's nations immigrating to America, including those nations professing
to hate the U.S.

America is a positive force in the world as recorded by its actions
throughout history which have propelled mankind forward.

America, a young nation of just 228 years, achieved economic superiority
ultimately because of it's many tolerances for the ways in which a person
may pursue life, liberty and prosperity.

To quote journalist Neil Cavuto:

"This whole foreigners versus the U.S. thing brings out strong feelings.
And I won't lie to you: I have clear biases here. I love this country, so I
take exception when people criticize this country. I'm no fool. I know
we're not perfect. But I know we're still the last, best hope on this
planet. So to those foreigners who question us, some questions for you:

# If we're so greedy, why do you crave our money?
# If our culture's so base, why do you seek out our movies?
# If our people are so tacky, why do you hunger for our tourism?
# If our fast food is so passé, why do your countrymen rarely pass up going
to a McDonald's?
# If our people are so stupid, why do your people seek out our universities?
# If we're so backwards, why do you buy our computers?
# If we're so unconcerned about the world, why did we commit $15 billion to
wipe out AIDS in this world?
# And if we're so selfish, why are we always there when you need us?

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot -- for the life of me -- remember the last
time I saw peasants in rickety boats, risking life and limb to come to your
country. They risked it all to be in "this" country. Now, I'm not asking
you to love us all days. But maybe think about us this Normandy anniversary
day. Dead men do tell tales. Hear them.

Someone said I had a problem with foreigners. That's not true. I just have
a problem with lying and ungrateful ones."

Back to my own comments...

America has been responsible for most of the inventions of the modern world
that make life easier, more enjoyable, and including medical inventions,
longer and more satisfying.

America is always there when disaster happens anywhere in the world - how
many other countries send *us* help when a major hurricane hits or an
America city is hit with a devastating earthquake?

OK, I could go on like this for pages and pages, but I think you get my
drift.

I'm not asking that everyone else in the world praise us, or even give us
our due, however grudgingly. I'm only asking that you quit taking every
opportunity to criticize, "bash", and sneer at us just because it's
currently the fashionable thing to do. I'm asking Americans to quit hanging
your head and agreeing with those who bash us.

No, we're not a perfect nation, but I don't know of any other nation,
present or past, that has been so caring, so generous with it's money and
volunteers, so willing to try to "save the world", so adamant in trying to
spread freedom, wealth, and happiness, and so willing to sit back and take
the criticism without ceasing that help in retaliation.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. In fact I'll sit back and wait for the
firestorm (even from some Americans, I'm sure) that this will surely
generate for the gall of me for being proud of my country and tired of being
demonized just for where I live.

Hugs,

CatNipped


  #2  
Old December 26th 04, 04:53 PM
bonbon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm proud to be American.

-bonbon
  #3  
Old December 26th 04, 06:41 PM
Nan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

fOn Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:25:30 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.

Are we, as a nation, perfect? Of course not. Have we done things that we
should be ashamed of? Of course. But so has every other country that has
ever existed. To quote a popular guy, "Let ye who is without sin cast the
first stone." We are *NOT* a nation of evil, greedy, stupid, egotistical
maniacs who are out to conquer the world.

Here are the things I'll concede:

Does America put its own interests first in its policy making?
- Of course, ALL COUNTRIES DO!

Is America "selective" about its economic and military support
internationally?
- Absolutely. The U.S. is not a "bottomless well" of financial aid and good
will.

Does American foreign policy contain some prejudices and favoritism?
- Naturally. Lawless regimes or those opposed to the U.S. will not be viewed
favorably.

Will America manipulate a country or political situation to advance its
goals?
- Necessarily, as world politics are a dangerous chess game. Remember the
U.S.S.R.?

Are some of the many "conspiracy theories" about the U.S. government true?
- Probably one or two of the more "sane" theories are in fact true.

All that being conceded, that does *NOT* change the following facts:

NOT ONE MAJOR NATION could truthfully answer "NO" to any of the above
criticisms either. Only in a perfect world without rivalry is this
possible, and we are most certainly NOT in a perfect world.

Only America can say it has liberated many countries from occupation or
oppression and "COLONIZED NONE!"

America is still the "land of dreams" as evidenced by people of ALL the
world's nations immigrating to America, including those nations professing
to hate the U.S.

America is a positive force in the world as recorded by its actions
throughout history which have propelled mankind forward.

America, a young nation of just 228 years, achieved economic superiority
ultimately because of it's many tolerances for the ways in which a person
may pursue life, liberty and prosperity.

To quote journalist Neil Cavuto:

"This whole foreigners versus the U.S. thing brings out strong feelings.
And I won't lie to you: I have clear biases here. I love this country, so I
take exception when people criticize this country. I'm no fool. I know
we're not perfect. But I know we're still the last, best hope on this
planet. So to those foreigners who question us, some questions for you:

# If we're so greedy, why do you crave our money?
# If our culture's so base, why do you seek out our movies?
# If our people are so tacky, why do you hunger for our tourism?
# If our fast food is so passé, why do your countrymen rarely pass up going
to a McDonald's?
# If our people are so stupid, why do your people seek out our universities?
# If we're so backwards, why do you buy our computers?
# If we're so unconcerned about the world, why did we commit $15 billion to
wipe out AIDS in this world?
# And if we're so selfish, why are we always there when you need us?

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot -- for the life of me -- remember the last
time I saw peasants in rickety boats, risking life and limb to come to your
country. They risked it all to be in "this" country. Now, I'm not asking
you to love us all days. But maybe think about us this Normandy anniversary
day. Dead men do tell tales. Hear them.

Someone said I had a problem with foreigners. That's not true. I just have
a problem with lying and ungrateful ones."

Back to my own comments...

America has been responsible for most of the inventions of the modern world
that make life easier, more enjoyable, and including medical inventions,
longer and more satisfying.

America is always there when disaster happens anywhere in the world - how
many other countries send *us* help when a major hurricane hits or an
America city is hit with a devastating earthquake?

OK, I could go on like this for pages and pages, but I think you get my
drift.

I'm not asking that everyone else in the world praise us, or even give us
our due, however grudgingly. I'm only asking that you quit taking every
opportunity to criticize, "bash", and sneer at us just because it's
currently the fashionable thing to do. I'm asking Americans to quit hanging
your head and agreeing with those who bash us.

No, we're not a perfect nation, but I don't know of any other nation,
present or past, that has been so caring, so generous with it's money and
volunteers, so willing to try to "save the world", so adamant in trying to
spread freedom, wealth, and happiness, and so willing to sit back and take
the criticism without ceasing that help in retaliation.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. In fact I'll sit back and wait for the
firestorm (even from some Americans, I'm sure) that this will surely
generate for the gall of me for being proud of my country and tired of being
demonized just for where I live.

Hugs,

CatNipped

The only thing that I have to add to the above rant is AMEN!!

Hugs, CatNipped!!

Nan
  #4  
Old December 26th 04, 09:08 PM
Bev
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nan wrote:

fOn Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:25:30 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.

Are we, as a nation, perfect? Of course not. Have we done things that we
should be ashamed of? Of course. But so has every other country that has
ever existed. To quote a popular guy, "Let ye who is without sin cast the
first stone." We are *NOT* a nation of evil, greedy, stupid, egotistical
maniacs who are out to conquer the world.

Here are the things I'll concede:

Does America put its own interests first in its policy making?
- Of course, ALL COUNTRIES DO!

Is America "selective" about its economic and military support
internationally?
- Absolutely. The U.S. is not a "bottomless well" of financial aid and good
will.

Does American foreign policy contain some prejudices and favoritism?
- Naturally. Lawless regimes or those opposed to the U.S. will not be viewed
favorably.

Will America manipulate a country or political situation to advance its
goals?
- Necessarily, as world politics are a dangerous chess game. Remember the
U.S.S.R.?

Are some of the many "conspiracy theories" about the U.S. government true?
- Probably one or two of the more "sane" theories are in fact true.

All that being conceded, that does *NOT* change the following facts:

NOT ONE MAJOR NATION could truthfully answer "NO" to any of the above
criticisms either. Only in a perfect world without rivalry is this
possible, and we are most certainly NOT in a perfect world.

Only America can say it has liberated many countries from occupation or
oppression and "COLONIZED NONE!"

America is still the "land of dreams" as evidenced by people of ALL the
world's nations immigrating to America, including those nations professing
to hate the U.S.

America is a positive force in the world as recorded by its actions
throughout history which have propelled mankind forward.

America, a young nation of just 228 years, achieved economic superiority
ultimately because of it's many tolerances for the ways in which a person
may pursue life, liberty and prosperity.

To quote journalist Neil Cavuto:

"This whole foreigners versus the U.S. thing brings out strong feelings.
And I won't lie to you: I have clear biases here. I love this country, so I
take exception when people criticize this country. I'm no fool. I know
we're not perfect. But I know we're still the last, best hope on this
planet. So to those foreigners who question us, some questions for you:

# If we're so greedy, why do you crave our money?
# If our culture's so base, why do you seek out our movies?
# If our people are so tacky, why do you hunger for our tourism?
# If our fast food is so passé, why do your countrymen rarely pass up going
to a McDonald's?
# If our people are so stupid, why do your people seek out our universities?
# If we're so backwards, why do you buy our computers?
# If we're so unconcerned about the world, why did we commit $15 billion to
wipe out AIDS in this world?
# And if we're so selfish, why are we always there when you need us?

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot -- for the life of me -- remember the last
time I saw peasants in rickety boats, risking life and limb to come to your
country. They risked it all to be in "this" country. Now, I'm not asking
you to love us all days. But maybe think about us this Normandy anniversary
day. Dead men do tell tales. Hear them.

Someone said I had a problem with foreigners. That's not true. I just have
a problem with lying and ungrateful ones."

Back to my own comments...

America has been responsible for most of the inventions of the modern world
that make life easier, more enjoyable, and including medical inventions,
longer and more satisfying.

America is always there when disaster happens anywhere in the world - how
many other countries send *us* help when a major hurricane hits or an
America city is hit with a devastating earthquake?

OK, I could go on like this for pages and pages, but I think you get my
drift.

I'm not asking that everyone else in the world praise us, or even give us
our due, however grudgingly. I'm only asking that you quit taking every
opportunity to criticize, "bash", and sneer at us just because it's
currently the fashionable thing to do. I'm asking Americans to quit hanging
your head and agreeing with those who bash us.

No, we're not a perfect nation, but I don't know of any other nation,
present or past, that has been so caring, so generous with it's money and
volunteers, so willing to try to "save the world", so adamant in trying to
spread freedom, wealth, and happiness, and so willing to sit back and take
the criticism without ceasing that help in retaliation.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. In fact I'll sit back and wait for the
firestorm (even from some Americans, I'm sure) that this will surely
generate for the gall of me for being proud of my country and tired of being
demonized just for where I live.

Hugs,

CatNipped

The only thing that I have to add to the above rant is AMEN!!

Hugs, CatNipped!!

Nan


I hate American bashing too and unfortunately I hear plenty of it here
in New Zealand. I think it is just plain jealousy -
I have made several trips to the US, loved the country and its wonderful
hospitable people.

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  #5  
Old December 26th 04, 09:25 PM
Tanada
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

CatNipped wrote:

OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.



Thank You,

Pam S.

  #6  
Old December 26th 04, 09:28 PM
David Stevenson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

CatNipped wrote

I'm not asking that everyone else in the world praise us, or even give us
our due, however grudgingly. I'm only asking that you quit taking every
opportunity to criticize, "bash", and sneer at us just because it's
currently the fashionable thing to do. I'm asking Americans to quit hanging
your head and agreeing with those who bash us.


While much of what you say is true, there seems a problem that
Americans tend to invite criticism.

For example, if you tell me my government is a load of old women I
will probably agree, and think no more about it.

If I tell you that your government is a load of old women you will
tell me all the good the USA has done, and get huffy about me.

I do not tend to criticise the USA any more than other countries - and
certainly not more than my own. But Americans take it worse and react
quicker. Recently I made a comment about something on American TV, and
it was just like the end of the world. But if you said something
similar about English TV I would merely shrug my shoulders: we certainly
have some terrible programs.

Also, just occasionally, Americans tend to just work people up a bit
by putting forward advantages they do not have. You tell us how
generous you are with your money, how much you help everyone, how you
have been responsible for most of the progress in helping people's
standard of living, how you are the most important country for keeping
the world secure.

Now the above is true, except one item which definitely is not. But I
would not wind you up by making these claims in the first place.

So, while the USA has a lot going for it, it also has some problems in
its attitude. I do not think people should seriously criticise the USA,
but I do also think that Americans should accept mild criticism in the
same way as others do, and realise that other countries have done and
still do a lot for everyone else.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 11 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 2 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-
  #7  
Old December 26th 04, 10:03 PM
CatNipped
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
...

While much of what you say is true, there seems a problem that
Americans tend to invite criticism.


Yes, we do invite criticism because we are completely open about our
government, our scandals, our problems, and our mistakes. We don't try to
cover up the wrongs we've done, we admit them and try to atone for them
(note, I'm not talking about individuals who may indeed try to cover up
their scandals, I'm talking about America as a nation). This leaves us wide
open for the rest of the world to take pot shots at us. That's not what I'm
talking about.

snip

but I do also think that Americans should accept mild criticism in the
same way as others do, and realise that other countries have done and
still do a lot for everyone else.


I'll take all the mild criticism you can dish out, and probably thank you
for pointing out anything that I'm not already aware of so I can try to fix
it. Again, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about America
*bashing*. I'm talking about calling Americans (as in *ALL* Americans)
evil, stupid, greedy, dumb, backwards backwoods dolts who go around the
world sticking their noses in where they don't belong and stating that
Americans should go home and mind their own business and stop their war
mongering.

I know I'll get bashed for this one, but America is not only the world's
last super-power, it is a "hyper"-power. Our military weaponry and
technology is unequalled by any other nation on earth. If we truly were the
evil, satan-incarnate conquerors who were out to subdue the world (as we
are made out to be), then all I can say is that right now every living being
on the planet would be saluting the America flag. But we are not.

The following was written by a *Canadian* journalist, Gordon Sinclair, over
thirty years ago, but it is still pertinent and still true...

"The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and
British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West
Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it
is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the
least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read
of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Who rushed in with men and
money to help? The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the
Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Misssissippi is under water and no
foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser
extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the
Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in
debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its
remaining debts to the United States.
When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who
propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the
streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.
When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that
hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples.
So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by
tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions
of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries
are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of
the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane
to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If
so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia
fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a
man or women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about
German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American
technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ...
and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs
right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers
are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ...
unless they are breaking Canadian laws .. are getting American dollars from
Ma and Pa at home to spend here.
When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame
them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else
buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or
design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.
When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through
age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad
and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both
are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to
the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in
trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco
earthquake.

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired
of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their
flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the
lands that are gloating over their present troubles.
I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous
Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual
meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over. has taken it all
and nobody...but nobody... has helped. "

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 11 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 2 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-



  #8  
Old December 26th 04, 10:07 PM
Yowie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"CatNipped" wrote in message
...
OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.


Snippity...

Its America's PR that sucks. We get to see on our TVs all the nasty stuff
that America does, but rarely see much of the nasty stuff other countries
do. And by the same token, we rarely get to see all the good stuff America
does.

Through this group I have learnt that Americans are exceptionally generous
people. That isn't advertised far and wide. Nor is you openness, your
friendliness, or the fact that many of you find some of the things you
country does in your name just as distasteful as the rest of the world. Its
only once you get to know regular Americans reasonably well, can you see
that they are just regular folks like everyone else, and aren't really like
the people we see on the nightly news.

That being said, however, I cannot stop being openly critical of those
things I feel are wrong and causing more harm than good to this planet and
its occupants. Of course, this forum is not the place for that criticism,
but I am just as critical of Australia, my adopted country and one I love
deeply, as I am of America, England and any other country's politics and
global behaviour. And I remind myself that, whilst I am critical of the
behaviour of the government of the country, that does not mean that the
general populace are at fault, after all, except for a very vocal few, they
are regular folks trying to lead regular lives, just like the rest of the
world.

Yowie


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.799 / Virus Database: 543 - Release Date: 19/11/04


  #9  
Old December 26th 04, 10:35 PM
CatNipped
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Yowie" wrote in message
...

Snippity...

Its America's PR that sucks. We get to see on our TVs all the nasty stuff
that America does, but rarely see much of the nasty stuff other countries
do. And by the same token, we rarely get to see all the good stuff America
does.


That's our "Catch 22"! Our freedom, especially freedom of the press, is
more important to us than our image to the rest of the world. Nice, "feel
good" stories *might* make page 8 of the paper, *if* it's a slow news day.
Scandals are when sells cereal and cars.

Through this group I have learnt that Americans are exceptionally generous
people. That isn't advertised far and wide. Nor is you openness, your
friendliness, or the fact that many of you find some of the things you
country does in your name just as distasteful as the rest of the world.

Its
only once you get to know regular Americans reasonably well, can you see
that they are just regular folks like everyone else, and aren't really

like
the people we see on the nightly news.


I think that's what's been getting to me lately. Our country gives billions
and billions of dollars to other countries, bails out their railroads and
their currency, gives our lives for others' freedom (who often won't fight
for their own freedom) and the only thing we seem to get in return is nasty
remarks about our stupidity (well, maybe we are being stupid by giving away
our hard-earned dollars and young lives to ungrateful people who pay us back
with slurs instead of thanks). But we won't stop doing it, we'll continue
to help wherever help is needed, and we won't even complain much when we're
stabbed in the back for doing so. I just have this image of the rest of the
world holding out their right had for our dollars while thumbing their nose
at us with their left.

That being said, however, I cannot stop being openly critical of those
things I feel are wrong and causing more harm than good to this planet and
its occupants. Of course, this forum is not the place for that criticism,
but I am just as critical of Australia, my adopted country and one I love
deeply, as I am of America, England and any other country's politics and
global behaviour. And I remind myself that, whilst I am critical of the
behaviour of the government of the country, that does not mean that the
general populace are at fault, after all, except for a very vocal few,

they
are regular folks trying to lead regular lives, just like the rest of the
world.


As I told David, I have no problem with criticism of the wrongs my country
has done, I'm fighting here at home to right them. It's just the
ingratitude and the "painting us all with a broad brush" approach that I'm
getting tired of - the "America bashing" that has become almost an epidemic
among the rest of the world.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yowie


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.799 / Virus Database: 543 - Release Date: 19/11/04




  #10  
Old December 26th 04, 10:58 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default



bonbon wrote:

I'm proud to be American.


I WAS, until our moronic majority actually ELECTED the
current idiot to the White House for a second term! What's
to be "proud of", now? Does the loss of the Bill of Rights
mean NOTHING to you? Or being systematically lied to by our
country's chief excutive, who insists upon the "truth" of
his own self-righteous preconceptions, in the face of all
objective evidence to the contrary? (Said evidence being
frequently ignored by the allegedly "impartial" news media,
except for the true believers in a free press, like Bill
Moyers - before PBS fired him.)

Until the election, I at least had faith in the American
PEOPLE, but now I think we deserve what we get. (And if you
honestly believe "it CAN'T happen here", read the Sinclair
Lewis novel by that title - or any number of other
cautionary tales, like Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third
Reich".)

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.