FF mini update

Old July 15th 04, 11:52 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default FF mini update

Mostly it is about some name changes:

Eenie has become Ernie, it's more of a stand-alone name, besides, I can
almost see him saying "You know whaddeye mean, Vern", or making cookies with
the other elves . I have yet to hear him meow, but I have heard him grunt
(maybe it was just a belch - hard to tell), and he's mrrrrrp'd a couple of
times. Weeble's taught him to lay all stretched out in the "superman" pose
(some people call it the frog pose), with his legs all stretched out behind
him.

Meanie has become Mimi, mainly because when she wants attention, it' "Meeee,
meeeeeee" at the top of her squeaky little-kitten lungs. She's the most
vocal of the bunch, and also the smallest. She was playing with a twisty
last night, and growling at it! Now all she needs is some peacock blue
eyeshadow

Minnie became Minnie from day one - at that time she was the littlest so I
changed it from Miney to Minnie, because she was a mini-cat, but now her &
Moe are about the same. She's fairly quiet, but she does have a normal
meow. And I can't keep her out of Weeble's food - she's actually bullied
him away from his dish! And there was plenty of food in the kitten's dish!
She's got more balls than Weeble (who, thanks to TED, has none). I'm still
debating whether or not to adopt her to the lady in Indy, who said that
declaw is a possibility (now she's looking into the soft-paws). I know a
lot of you here are 100% against declawing, but I'm only about 90% against
it - I have 2 declawed (Tennessee & Smokey), but I will not declaw another
cat unless medically necessary.

Moe has been and always been Moe. The first time I took them to TED, got
them out of the carrier one-by-one, and when I pulled her out (leaving only
one, the other 2 were exploring exam room floor) I said, "and this one is
little Moe", TED said "is the other one a little less?" to which I replied
"no, she's a little ho". Moe is the second most vocal, but she has a raspy
voice. At first she was not an overly friendly kitty, and didn't like being
held, but now, there are times when she follows me around the house, begging
for it - as long as I don't cradle her like a baby - that she's still not
sure if she likes or not - sometimes she does & other times she squirms
around because she doesn't. She also likes to get into Weeble's food, and I
told her that she doesn't need to eat Weeble food, she needs 'baby food'.
She gave me this look that said "I am NOT a baby! I'll eat Weeble's food if
I feel like it! So there!"

Kids these days - whaddya do?

I guess this is no longer a "mini" update, is it?
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 16th 04, 12:16 AM
Pat

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
snip

I guess this is no longer a "mini" update, is it?

I like your descriptions of their voices. I guess it's because I'm such an
aurally-oriented person. Baby Eyes mostly trills, Eli mrrrps a lot, Abelard
squeaks when he makes any sound at all, and Tommy has a very "average" cat
voice. Whitefoot (BR) who lived with me for 9 years, often spoke like his
grandma, Cindy (RB). They both said: "McCow".

Old July 16th 04, 01:40 AM
lrulan

oh man, they grow up so quickly, don't they? Hope they find forever homes
soon.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 16th 04, 07:02 AM
Melissa Houle

Pat wrote in message

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
snip

I guess this is no longer a "mini" update, is it?

I like your descriptions of their voices. I guess it's because I'm such an
aurally-oriented person. Baby Eyes mostly trills, Eli mrrrps a lot,

Abelard
squeaks when he makes any sound at all, and Tommy has a very "average" cat
voice. Whitefoot (BR) who lived with me for 9 years, often spoke like his
grandma, Cindy (RB). They both said: "McCow".

Cesca has a very sweet, maternal sort of trill and croon when she is
speaking to Nina. She has a dainty but insistent meow when she is hungry.
Which is a frequent occurrence around here with a nursing mother cat. =o)
Fortunately, she can let me know she's hungry without ever being obnoxious
about it. Nina has a little squeak which is becoming more like a
recognizable but high pitched mew now. Pan has a full throated "Siamese"
voice which he uses to good effect throughout the day.

Oh yes, the FF, I hope those adorable babies will soon find excellent
permanent homes. And I really hope that woman will reconsider declawing and
use the soft-paws instead. I had to sign an agreement stating that I'd
never declaw Cesca at the time I adopted her.

My poor plants finally got a long drink of water, today. For the last three
weeks, anything in my house that couldn't mew got very little attention. G
(Yes, I had waterered them at some point last week, I believe...)

Melissa