There's a cat in my bathtub

Old July 18th 04, 02:43 PM
Bridget

Default There's a cat in my bathtub

and in my closet. And they aren't my cats. And I'm trying to figure
out how I am going to take a shower again because this lovely cat is
firmly esconced in my bathtub.

Somehow, and I haven't figured out how yet, I ended up catsitting for
someone who is going to be giving these two cats away but can't do it
yet because her father just had his leg amputated (they are his cats and
he won't be able to care for them when he finally gets home in four to
five months after rehab). So, anyhow, I now have these two cats, one in
my bathtub - I put some towels in there for her (she seems appreciative
as she lays only on the towels) and one who finally claimed a spot in
the closet.

Both of them have very mixed emotions about seeing me. They growl and
hiss even as they rub their heads up against my hand. Those teeth look
incredibly sharp when they hiss. Did I mention how sharp those teeth
look? I try to go and make sure they see me a little bit every few
hours. It takes a lot of bravery to put my hand up there for them to
rub against though while they growl and hiss at me. I remember other's
hospital stays for cat bites. I just don't EVEN think I want to follow
in their footsteps.

As for my two - Tony and The Stripey Thing - they seem pretty much
unaffected by the fact there are two strangers in the little tiny
apartment. They are doing what they want where they want and so on.
They are their usual calm kitty selves. I did not expect that out of
The Stripey Thing. But then, the interlopers seem to have confined
themselves out of his sight, so they aren't in his face either.

Drat, I hear my neighbors taking a shower. I wish I could take one.

Bridget

Old July 18th 04, 03:01 PM
jmcquown

Bridget wrote:

Drat, I hear my neighbors taking a shower. I wish I could take one.

Bridget

Betcha if you get in the tub and turn on the water, the interloper will
split!

Jill

Old July 18th 04, 05:13 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article t8vKc.122823$XM6.107710@attbi_s53, Bridget at
wrote on 7/18/04 8:43AM:

[...]

Poor kitties. Are they sure he cannot take care of them? Does *he* want to
give them up? It's very nice of you to watch them.

Old July 18th 04, 05:51 PM
Duke of URL

jmcquown wrote:
Bridget wrote:

Drat, I hear my neighbors taking a shower. I wish I could take one.

Betcha if you get in the tub and turn on the water, the interloper
will split!

Hmph, whatta weenie. Killer *owns* my tub, especially when the weather is
hot. He spreads out in it & lays his head in the waterdish. If I turn the
water on, he sits up and watches it slowly move in on him. He'd sit there
while it rose around him if I didn't tell him "Scoot"; fortunately, that's
one of the words he understands and cooperates with.
Life with a cat who thinks he's a big dog is interesting...
--
The One-and-only Holy Mosesâ„¢