Tommy Lost Control

Old August 14th 04, 03:15 PM
Pat

Default Tommy Lost Control

I meant to post this a few days ago.... Tommy finally couldn't contain
himself any longer and started wrestling, chasing and playing with the the
new kitties, Billy and Lilly. Of course Abelard has been doing that all
along. The other two are coming around more slowly. Eli now at least no
longer hisses at them, even when they go up to him and touch his nose. Baby
Eyes still hisses occasionally but has been seen eating from the same dish
with them numerous times and is no longer spending all her time hiding out
in the spare bedroom. She's even been sitting in my lap again once in a
while.

I haven't gotten any new pictures taken. Too many other things to do.
Sometimes I feel like taking one, like when Lilly lays on her back with
front paws folded down and back legs spread out, belly exposed. She will lay
like that for a long time.

Both babies have gotten stuck in trees already and made their
vertigo-suffering meowmie haul and climb the ladder to rescue them. Billy
did it first, then taught himself to climb down backwards. When Lilly got
stuck the other day, he kept going up the same tree and demonstrating to her
how to get down by climbing tail-first toward the ground. She didn't get it,
of course, and I had to climb up and grab her.

Everyone is infested with seed ticks now. If we weren't having the coldest
August on record I would give baths. I figured out that if I wrap a kitty in
a big towel I can safely hold it in the water up to the neck for long enough
to drown the external parasites.

Old August 15th 04, 12:30 AM
Pat

"CATherine" wrote in message

what are seed ticks?

That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny, hundreds of
them can fit on a match head. Even when they are "full" (of
blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy to remove after they
fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible because his
tummy is almost hairless.

Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

Old August 15th 04, 01:37 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Pat"
artfully composed this message
within on 14 Aug 2004:

That's what we call newly harched baby ticks. They're so tiny,
hundreds of them can fit on a match head. Even when they are
"full" (of blood) they are smaller than a pinhead. They are easy
to remove after they fill up. Abelard is especially susceptible
because his tummy is almost hairless.

Be thankful if you don't have to contend with these buggers.

I get the heeby jeebys thinking about those things. I haven't had to
deal with them, but I read a thread on alt.med.veterinary where
someone had to erradicate them from her house when she discovered an
infestation. Very very detailed accounts of them and I got the
shivers just reading it.

--
Cheryl

Old August 15th 04, 06:17 AM
Sherry

I haven't gotten any new pictures taken. Too many other things to do.
Sometimes I feel like taking one, like when Lilly lays on her back with
front paws folded down and back legs spread out, belly exposed. She will lay
like that for a long time.

AWWW!! That sounds so cute!!
I'm glad to hear the residents are accepting the little interlopers. Would love
to see some pics sometime!

Sherry