Little bump on cat's head

Old September 18th 05, 01:34 AM
Mowzer

Default Little bump on cat's head

My cat has a hard little bump right on top of his head. It
is the size of the average pimple and so hard I thought it
was a bone knob or something, but it moves around and so
is in the soft tissue, not attached to his skull.

He is the cat that gets itchy sometimes due to allergies
but this bump is not broken open as a spot that has been
scratched and irritated might be. He is an only cat so this
could not be a fighting or play injury from another cat.

He has had little fatty bumps at injection sites before
that went away, but this one is hard.

Do cats get pimples or pimple-like bumps? He is an
inside only cat. TIA M.

Old September 18th 05, 01:50 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-17 19:34:14 -0500, "Mowzer" said:

My cat has a hard little bump right on top of his head. It is the size
of the average pimple and so hard I thought it
was a bone knob or something, but it moves around and so
is in the soft tissue, not attached to his skull.

He is the cat that gets itchy sometimes due to allergies
but this bump is not broken open as a spot that has been
scratched and irritated might be. He is an only cat so this
could not be a fighting or play injury from another cat.

He has had little fatty bumps at injection sites before
that went away, but this one is hard.

Do cats get pimples or pimple-like bumps? He is an
inside only cat. TIA M.

I'd have it checked. It might just be a cyst, but I'd want to know.

Old September 18th 05, 07:42 PM
Skip T via CatKB.com

My cat had one of these on his head. I squeezed it and it popped like a zit.
A bunch of puss, and then I never saw it again...

Karen wrote:
My cat has a hard little bump right on top of his head. It is the size
of the average pimple and so hard I thought it

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Old September 19th 05, 01:03 AM
Mowzer

Skip T via CatKB.com wrote:

My cat had one of these on his head. I squeezed it and it popped like a zit.
A bunch of puss, and then I never saw it again...

Hmm. I don't know if I want to do that. But thanks for the input.
If it is just a pimple-like thing it will go away.

To Karen--he gets regular vet visits so I will ask about it when he goes
next week. He misses his sister Noodles and has been acting a little
depressed since she went with my ex so he has to go in.

Old September 19th 05, 09:31 PM
BuZZard

"Mowzer" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.9ea8124e504c83719ff098c61257ee08 @1127088186.nulluser.com..
..
Skip T via CatKB.com wrote:

My cat had one of these on his head. I squeezed it and it popped like a

zit.
A bunch of puss, and then I never saw it again...

Hmm. I don't know if I want to do that. But thanks for the input.
If it is just a pimple-like thing it will go away.

To Karen--he gets regular vet visits so I will ask about it when he goes
next week. He misses his sister Noodles and has been acting a little
depressed since she went with my ex so he has to go in.

friggen idiot... pop the thing.. it prolly had got scratched by another cat
ya freak.. and its infected.. pop it..
his missing the sister cat didnt put the bump there...
or.. did you smack it?