Pregnant jasmine

Old September 21st 05, 11:18 AM
meee

Default Pregnant jasmine

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly pregnant; before
anyone flames me for not desexing my cat, i've already been through this
with phil & others....if you still feel morally outraged be my guest. Anyway
the reality is, she's bin knocked up, her belly is growing, her teats are
visible, she's hanging around me meowing and looking at me as if it's all my
fault ( I know, I know, it is, but anyway). She's inspecting cupboards,
lying around a lot, and behaving in a very grumpy, I'm miserable and
everyone else is gonna know it kinda way. How do I know when she's going to
drop them? and how soon after she has had the kittens can we have her
desexed? I'm probably going to keep one of the kittens ( my hubby says no,
but i know when they're born *he'll* be picking which one!!!) I'm thinking
of keeping a boy and having him neutered too-boys are cheaper I believe.

Old September 21st 05, 12:40 PM
John Doe

"meee" efamaaea bigpond.net.au wrote:

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly
pregnant; before anyone flames me for not desexing my cat,

You mean not having it spayed and letting it outside.

From: "meee" efamaaea bigpond.net.au
Newsgroups: alt.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec .pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Pregnant jasmine
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:18:34 GMT

Old September 21st 05, 01:18 PM
Abe

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly
pregnant; before anyone flames me for not desexing my cat,

You mean not having it spayed and letting it outside.

That was helpful-NOT. How about answering the question, which was how
to tell when the cat will be having her kittens? Or would you rather
just make idle and obvious comments that help no one?
Old September 21st 05, 01:59 PM
whayface

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:18:34 GMT, "meee" wrote:

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly pregnant; before
anyone flames me for not desexing my cat, i've already been through this
with phil & others....

Congrats on the future birth of you grand-furbabies.

As for "desexing" Jasmine - things hapen. As long as you find then a good home and the
babies are well taken care of.

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/strays.htm

Old September 21st 05, 02:19 PM
223rem

John Doe wrote:
"meee" efamaaea bigpond.net.au wrote:

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly
pregnant; before anyone flames me for not desexing my cat,

You mean not having it spayed and letting it outside.

Yes, castrate, declaw, and never allow them to enjoy
fresh air and sunshine.
Your cats must be very happy.
Old September 21st 05, 02:40 PM
Wendy

"meee" wrote in message
[...]

If you have no idea when the cat got pregnant then a vet will have to
examine her to give you any kind of accurate idea when she will be due. I
hope you're keeping her inside until after she has the kittens and is
spayed. You really don't want her having the kittens outside somewhere.

You can have her spayed once the kittens are weaned. Here again the vet will
best be able to advise you.

If the cost difference between neutering a male and spaying a female is an
issue, are you sure you can afford to keep any of the kittens?

Old September 21st 05, 03:49 PM
rpl

223rem wrote:
John Doe wrote:

"meee" efamaaea bigpond.net.au wrote:

Hi, this is me again, jasmine is started to look decidedly
pregnant; before anyone flames me for not desexing my cat,

You mean not having it spayed and letting it outside.

Yes, castrate, declaw, and never allow them to enjoy
fresh air and sunshine.
Your cats must be very happy.

Declawing is for the convenience of a poor owner; neutering is for the
good of society in general (has nothing to do with ownership).

Yes there's certainly a balance point where cats kept as pets plus feral
cats a community can support equals the amount of cats. If your
community has reached that and there's no cats in shelters,
congratulations and do tell.

Pat
Old September 21st 05, 06:55 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:18:34 +0000, meee wrote:

[...]

IMHO you will probably have more enjoyment than you ever believed.
Prepare two or three boxes for hidey-holes and let her choose where she
wants to have the babies. You will have trouble parting with any of them.
Follow Ted's advice on subsequent spaying. Best of luck. MLB
Old September 23rd 05, 04:18 AM
MarAzul

"meee" wrote in message
[...]

A cat's gestation period is approximatly 60 days. As one of the other
posters said, if you don't know when she concieved, you'll need to take her
to the vet and they can look her over. An ultrasound evaluation can be
reliably done at 21 days and an x-ray can be safely taken after 45 days.
Again, the vet will have to use their best judgement as to how far along she
is.

--
Mar
---------

Old September 23rd 05, 10:03 AM
meee

mlbriggs wrote in message
news
[...]

As you said...I'm going to have a lot of fun!! This is our first litter of
kittens so I can't wait...I would like to (eventually) breed Siamese and
Bombays, so hopefully I will learn a bit, and convince hubby how much fun
it would be!!! i will have a lot of trouble letting them go, especially if
they're as adorable as she is. I was thinking of keeping one, but I think
i'll let them go, as I'v found out there's a siamese breeder 1 hour from
here...so I'm looking at their photos on the net and drooling. But I'm going
to have trouble with hubby I think....every time his sister had kittens,
we'd end up with one!!! Maybe he won't be so hard to convince on the
breeding scheme after all...

Pregnant jasmine meee Cat anecdotes 21 September 30th 05 04:38 PM
jasmine is a fussy eater. meee Cat health & behaviour 2 September 9th 05 07:04 AM
is cat really pregnant? Calvin Rice Cat health & behaviour 20 August 8th 05 01:17 PM
Our spayed cat appears to be pregnant!! peggy j Cat health & behaviour 5 March 29th 05 05:08 AM
When is it ok to fix a pregnant Queen? Mike Romain Cat health & behaviour 14 October 10th 03 05:10 AM