paint!!

Old September 25th 05, 11:03 PM
David Gleeson

Default paint!!

My cat arrived at the front door last night with her four paws covered in
red paint!! Its not possible to remove the paint by water alone. any
ideas???

Old September 25th 05, 11:35 PM
cybercat

"David Gleeson" wrote in message
My cat arrived at the front door last night with her four paws covered in
red paint!! Its not possible to remove the paint by water alone. any
ideas???

Call your vet in the morning and see what he recommends. Since your cat will
be ingesting anything
you use, it is important not to use something that will make her sick. I
wonder where she left little kitty footprints on fresh red paint? You might
want to keep her in where she is safe in case whoever did the paint job she
ruined is miffed about it. People can be very strange.

Old September 26th 05, 12:11 AM
Joe Canuck

David Gleeson wrote:

My cat arrived at the front door last night with her four paws covered in
red paint!! Its not possible to remove the paint by water alone. any
ideas???

Take the cat to a vet where they will shave the fur off her paws.

Old September 26th 05, 05:21 PM
Barb

Aren't cats something? My Pepper walked onto a cover of a red outdoor paint
can while I was outside painting the fence trim. My fault for leaving it
there. She left foot prints across the tile floor and onto a little of the
off white carpet.

So I washed off her paws with soap and water and then cleaned up the mess.
No further trouble until we started painting the deck. I let the other cats
out while the job began but made Pepper stay in the house because she always
gets in everything.

Somehow when the job was done she had such a big glob of paint on her back
that at first I thought she had a tumor. I got rid of as much paint on her
as I could and then my pet sitter also tried. He is a vet tech. About a
year later the last flake was gone.

She's now 14 years old and a couple years have gone by since the last paint
episode. She's fine!

Hope your outcome is the same,

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 26th 05, 10:03 PM
Cat man

I'm thinking you should look for her red footprints and trace them to
wherever she got painted and you can find out who did it. After you
get the stuff off her though, that's more important.

Old September 27th 05, 12:05 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-26 16:03:38 -0500, "Cat man" said:

I'm thinking you should look for her red footprints and trace them to
wherever she got painted and you can find out who did it. After you
get the stuff off her though, that's more important.

It really *would* be good to find out what kind of paint it is.

Old September 27th 05, 03:31 PM
Barb

Well, it was outdoor paint but once it's washed off there's nothing more to
do other than scrape it with sandpaper and that would make things worse.
She couldn't lick it off because it wasn't coming off any more after I
cleaned it. The first episode was about 5 years ago and the second time the
paint was on her back.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 27th 05, 03:32 PM
Barb

Yes, well she couldn't hide the crime, could she?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,