Soft, slimey stools?

Old September 27th 05, 07:51 PM
Jo Damen

Default Soft, slimey stools?

Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
stools have been soft.

The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
cleared up by now if it was.

The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.

Thanks

Jo

Old September 27th 05, 07:54 PM
KD

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT, "Jo Damen"
wrote:

Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
stools have been soft.

The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
cleared up by now if it was.

The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.

Thanks

Jo

What are you feeding her? I understand that you are feeding her the
same food as before, right?
Old September 27th 05, 07:55 PM
Karen

On 2005-09-27 13:51:52 -0500, "Jo Damen"
said:

Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
stools have been soft.

The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools
have remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it
would have cleared up by now if it was.

The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a
big bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is
still eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in
January.

Thanks

Jo

You could mix a little live culture yogurt in. She might need help
replenishing healthy flora after the antibiotics.

Old September 27th 05, 08:03 PM
Jo Damen

Yep, she's eating the same - Whiskas biscuits mainly, with half a Whiskas
pouch here and there. She also has a special Sheba once a week - the prawn
one.

Could it be anything serious?

Old September 27th 05, 08:21 PM
Jo Damen

Troll

Diagnosed by John Doe the obsessed header boy.

Erm, excuse me, but I am no troll!!

Just someone who is very worried about her cat!

Jo
From: "Jo Damen"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Soft, slimey stools?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT
-

GIT-R-DONE!

alt.usenet.legends.lamey

Old September 27th 05, 08:43 PM
KD

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:03:00 GMT, "Jo Damen"
wrote:

Yep, she's eating the same - Whiskas biscuits mainly, with half a Whiskas
pouch here and there. She also has a special Sheba once a week - the prawn
one.

Could it be anything serious?

I think Karen may be right. Antibiotics change the gut flora, in
hmans and cats. If she will eat a bit of yogurt that might do the
trick as it works for humans. If you are very concerned, I hope
you will call or see your vet.
Old September 28th 05, 02:11 AM
whayface

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:51:52 GMT, "Jo Damen" wrote:

Ever since Mollie was diagnosed with tonsillitis a few weeks back, her
stools have been soft.

The tonsillitis cleared up within a couple of days, but these stools have
remained. We thought it might have been the antibiotics, but it would have
cleared up by now if it was.

The stools still seem formed, but they just look slimey. I have just
cleared her litter box from today, and one stool looked like it had a big
bubble on it. Apart from this, she seems fine in herself. She is still
eating and drinking normally, and playing havoc! She is 2 in January.

Thanks

Jo

CALL VET

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/