Caring for a stray (3): Any charitable vets/clinics in greater Chicago area?

Old September 29th 05, 09:07 AM
Ajanta

Default Caring for a stray (3): Any charitable vets/clinics in greater Chicago area?

Still continuing about the stray/homeless cat I feed...

I don't know if she has been spayed, gotten any shots ever, what her
general health condition is, etc.

It would give me great peace of mind if there are any charitable vets
or clinics in greater Chicago area, who could examine her and provide
whatever they deem necessary.

I have never had pets, and don't know the scene. We would be grateful
for any reference. I don't mind driving 1-2 hours for good quality
service.
Old September 30th 05, 02:45 AM
Chris

I saw in one of your later posts that she comes in to watch TV!!!! Sounds
to me like she found her home!!!! I took in a stray-homeless that I had
been feeding outside. I took him in when it got very cold & I was worried
he wouldn't make it outside... Well, he was real scared the first few weeks
but as I type this he is sprawled out on my, (excuse me, HIS), bed enjoying
all those creature comforts like regular food, warmth, etc. By the way,
mine has never been outside again and never looked back! He knew how to use
the litter box from day one (I had added a little dirt from outside where I
had seen him go just so he would get the message_, has never missed the box,
and is the mushiest of all my cats....

Sounds like your little one is ready to move in. Maybe try feeding her
inside & putting a litter box.... I bet she'd like that!

Old September 30th 05, 03:33 AM
Bill Stock

"Chris" wrote in message
nk.net...
I saw in one of your later posts that she comes in to watch TV!!!! Sounds
to me like she found her home!!!! I took in a stray-homeless that I had
been feeding outside. I took him in when it got very cold & I was worried
he wouldn't make it outside... Well, he was real scared the first few weeks
but as I type this he is sprawled out on my, (excuse me, HIS), bed enjoying
all those creature comforts like regular food, warmth, etc. By the way,
mine has never been outside again and never looked back! He knew how to
use the litter box from day one (I had added a little dirt from outside
where I had seen him go just so he would get the message_, has never missed
the box, and is the mushiest of all my cats....

LOL, I just recently had this happen to me, except that the break-in period
was more like a couple of days. She's been in front of the TV ever since.
Outside seems to be a distant memory.