Cat Dandruff

Old September 30th 05, 07:07 PM
andy749

Default Cat Dandruff

My 3 yr. old black cat Boris has a dandruff problem...wonder what's good
for cat dandruff.

He doesn't like baths.The last time he had one the vet did it and they
had to knock him out first.
He was really out of it for a while after I got him home...made up my
mind I wouldn't do that to him again.Thanks

Old September 30th 05, 07:26 PM
Topaz

"andy749" wrote in message
My 3 yr. old black cat Boris has a dandruff problem...wonder what's good
for cat dandruff.

He doesn't like baths.The last time he had one the vet did it and they
had to knock him out first.
He was really out of it for a while after I got him home...made up my
mind I wouldn't do that to him again.Thanks

What is he eating? I found that when I switched my black cat over
to canned food his dandruff disappeared.

Old September 30th 05, 10:46 PM
andy749

Topaz wrote:

What is he eating? I found that when I switched
my black cat over to canned food his dandruff
disappeared.

I feed him mostly dry food...Iams...thanks for the tip.I do give him
Sheba once in a while and he loves it.

Old September 30th 05, 11:11 PM
Topaz

"andy749" wrote in message
Topaz wrote:

What is he eating? I found that when I switched
my black cat over to canned food his dandruff
disappeared.

I feed him mostly dry food...Iams...

You know, mine was eating Iams dry only--the hairball
formula.Maybe there is something abnormally drying about
it. But then, canned foods just ensure that cats get more
water. I am not sure that this helps with dandruff but something
sure helped my cat.

thanks for the tip.I do give him Sheba once in a while and he loves it.

I began with Iams canned and it looked so unappetizing that I
then tried others. It was Fancy Feast, believe it or not, that he
liked the best. Happily, I read here that FF has recently
changed its formula and now has meat, fish, or poultry as a
first ingredient instead of byproducts, so it can be considered
a premium cat food.

The other thing about canned is that they just seem to look
forward to it more, though I cannot say I look forward to the
smell of the morning feeding, ugh!

Let us know what happens, if the canned helps or not. I
think this is a common problem in cats but more apparent in
black cats. Good luck!

Old September 30th 05, 11:17 PM
Joe Canuck

andy749 wrote:

My 3 yr. old black cat Boris has a dandruff problem...wonder what's good
for cat dandruff.

He doesn't like baths.The last time he had one the vet did it and they
had to knock him out first.
He was really out of it for a while after I got him home...made up my
mind I wouldn't do that to him again.Thanks

Does he have diabetes? ...are you sure?

Old October 1st 05, 04:14 AM
Mowzer

Joe Canuck wrote:

andy749 wrote:

My 3 yr. old black cat Boris has a dandruff problem...wonder what's good
for cat dandruff.

He doesn't like baths.The last time he had one the vet did it and they
had to knock him out first.
He was really out of it for a while after I got him home...made up my
mind I wouldn't do that to him again.Thanks

Does he have diabetes? ...are you sure?

Joe, is there a link between the two? Please elaborate.