My cat poops in my bathroom!

Old October 6th 05, 01:03 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com

Default My cat poops in my bathroom!

I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,
I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old, and at
first I didnt know which cat was doing it, until my brother caught her this
morning. So when I found out I picked up the poo with a paper towel and put
it in the little box to show her. I didnt know what else to do, so if anyone
has any ideas then let me know.
Old October 6th 05, 01:27 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:03:31 GMT, "Kristyn00 via CatKB.com"
u14621@uwe, clicked their heels and said:

I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
already? Poor thing.

I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,

I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
what's preferred.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old October 6th 05, 01:50 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com

Janet B wrote:
I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
already? Poor thing.

I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,

I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
what's preferred.

You make it seem like Im making her go out and get pregnant. I didnt want it
to happen twice. I cant get her fixed until she is done nursing the last
litter. And 4 litters boxes?
Old October 6th 05, 02:01 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:50:05 GMT, "Kristyn00 via CatKB.com"
u14621@uwe, clicked their heels and said:

You make it seem like Im making her go out and get pregnant. I didnt want it
to happen twice.

You don't have to let her go out at all, and in 2 years, should have
had her spayed. Make the appointment NOW for when she's done nursing,
and make the appointment for the 2, 8 month olds NOW if they haven't
been done yet.

I cant get her fixed until she is done nursing the last
litter. And 4 litters boxes?

Yep - 4 - and not all together. Sometimes cats will block another cat
from using the box, some cats don't want to share boxes, and
cleanliness is imperative.

Old October 6th 05, 04:01 PM
5cats

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

And 4 litters boxes?

Yes, that's a very good idea. If you have only 1 box for 3 cats there's a
very good chance that the bathroom pooping is litter box avoidance. Add at
least 2 more boxes pronto!

Right now I have 4 boxes upstairs and 2 in the basement for 5 cats. More
than once I've seen a cat use one box to pee, then hop out of that box and
then right into a different box to poop.
Old October 6th 05, 05:32 PM
Kristyn00 via CatKB.com

Janet B wrote:
I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
already? Poor thing.

I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,

I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
what's preferred.

I dont like your attitude "Janet B". And my other cats are fixed. Maybe you
should just calm down, Im not asking your opinion about getting my cat fixed,
Im asking what to do about the pooping in the bathroom. And you answered that
and thats all I need to know.

Old October 7th 05, 01:14 AM
Gail

Having her spayed will keep her healthy and avoid behavioral problems as
well. You definitely need more litter boxes. At least one per cat.
Gail

Old October 7th 05, 01:56 PM
Joe Canuck

Kristyn00 via CatKB.com wrote:

I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Get her spayed.

I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old, and at

3 cats and 1 litter box, is that correct?

How many of the kittens are still in the household?

3- 4 litter boxes would be ideal situation for 3 cats; however, they may
be able to get by with 2 boxes... but that is the minimum.

first I didnt know which cat was doing it, until my brother caught her this
morning. So when I found out I picked up the poo with a paper towel and put
it in the little box to show her. I didnt know what else to do, so if anyone
has any ideas then let me know.

1) Get 1 more litter box.
2) Clean both boxes daily.
3) Get her spayed. Most of them really are nicer pets when neutered.

Old October 7th 05, 02:01 PM
Joe Canuck

Janet B wrote:

I have a female cat thats almost 2 years old and recently she has been
pooping in my bathroom. She has done it about 3 times, and its all around the
same spot. She has never done this before. She has had two litters of kittens,

Oh lord - why are you allowing this to happen? Spay this poor baby
NOW! At 2, she's barely an adult cat herself and 2 litters of kittens
already? Poor thing.

I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Or maybe I need to
clean the little box more? I have 2 other cats that are 8 months old,

I assume those are her offspring? Spay/Neuter them too. And get more
boxes (LITTER boxes) - 1 per cat + 1, so 4 boxes in all. Clean them
frequently and provide litter texture options as well - find out
what's preferred.

I dont like your attitude "Janet B".

Janet provided you with some good advice.

And my other cats are fixed. Maybe you
should just calm down, Im not asking your opinion about getting my cat fixed,
Im asking what to do about the pooping in the bathroom. And you answered that
and thats all I need to know.

The fact is, you did ask exactly that indirectly... read the quote below: