Fox?

Old October 9th 05, 03:29 PM
Betsy

Default Fox?

Yesterday the basement flooded after 10 inches of rain locally. The fire
department was here to bail and in the confusion my feral cat went missing
(I've since found her, praise God!)

But while I was looking for her outside in the yard, with no contacts in
yet, my eye was drawn to the next door yard. In a flash, I saw an orange
animal moving toward a break in the opposite fence. It ran like a dog, but
was the size of a cat. But when it jumped the 4 foot fence it did so in
one smooth leap, like a cat would.

Could it have been a fox?

Old October 9th 05, 03:32 PM
Lumpy

"Betsy" wrote in message
Yesterday the basement flooded after 10 inches of rain locally. The fire
department was here to bail and in the confusion my feral cat went missing
(I've since found her, praise God!)

But while I was looking for her outside in the yard, with no contacts in
yet, my eye was drawn to the next door yard. In a flash, I saw an orange
animal moving toward a break in the opposite fence. It ran like a dog,

but
was the size of a cat. But when it jumped the 4 foot fence it did so in
one smooth leap, like a cat would.

Could it have been a fox?

Sure sounds like it to me. Where are you?

Old October 9th 05, 03:40 PM
Lumpy

"Betsy" wrote in message
The city! But I've seen them before, just not so orange. I wish I'd had

my
contacts in.

G WHAT city? The question is, is it a place where red foxes are known to
live?

I have seen them in Maryland, and they are so lovely.

Old October 9th 05, 03:47 PM
Betsy

Sorry, suburb of Baltimore. They are known to live in my neighborhood. But
it was the jump and the color that confused me. Do they jump gracefully
like a cat?

Old October 9th 05, 03:55 PM
Lumpy

"Betsy" wrote in message
Sorry, suburb of Baltimore. They are known to live in my neighborhood.

But
it was the jump and the color that confused me. Do they jump gracefully
like a cat?

You bet. And they are red, too. I was in a suburb of Baltimore when I saw
foxes in the wild. Lucky you!

Old October 9th 05, 04:30 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I've seen a fox along a major highway running through Toronto. It was a
beautiful sight... very early in the morning. They are very graceful and
distinctive with their snouts.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old October 10th 05, 11:36 PM

In , on 10/09/05
at 10:55 AM, "Lumpy" said:

"Betsy" wrote in message
Sorry, suburb of Baltimore. They are known to live in my neighborhood.

But
it was the jump and the color that confused me. Do they jump gracefully
like a cat?

You bet. And they are red, too. I was in a suburb of Baltimore when I saw
foxes in the wild. Lucky you!

I'm in a suburb of Baltimore, and we have foxes. And deer. And
groundhogs.

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.14

Old October 11th 05, 01:43 PM
Lumpy

wrote in message
.net...
In , on 10/09/05
at 10:55 AM, "Lumpy" said:

"Betsy" wrote in message
Sorry, suburb of Baltimore. They are known to live in my neighborhood.

But
it was the jump and the color that confused me. Do they jump

gracefully
like a cat?

You bet. And they are red, too. I was in a suburb of Baltimore when I saw
foxes in the wild. Lucky you!

I'm in a suburb of Baltimore, and we have foxes. And deer. And
groundhogs.

It's nice to know the area is still that rural in places. I remember
the countryside being just beautiful--but I also remember the
Hunt Valley area when it was called Cockeysville! (After the
Cockey family, of course! )

Old October 11th 05, 04:20 PM
Betsy

Well, when I said city, I meant that I'm just 4 blocks from the city line.
And even in the city, the Gardenville area where I used to live, we had
foxes. I heard them calling at night. Once I thought a child was in pain
so I went looking!

One morning in Gardenville I had to get up around dawn and walked the 15
feet to the end of the sidewalk, opened the gate to go to the car, and an
animal whooshed by me, but I again suspect it was a fox. Man, we were
within 2 feet of touching each other!

"Lumpy" wrote in message

wrote in message
.net...